Are price drops likely for suites? Club Class/Suite Dining question?

FunforGin

Hi I have my very first cruise booked for March 2017 and have booked one of the premium suites (sharing with friends) on deck 15 on Golden Princess.

I also booked an aft suite on Dolphin deck, Golden Princess January 2018 (sharing with a friend).

I'm thinking that as suites go so quickly, it's highly unlikely there would be a price drop, is that correct?:confused:

Also....on another subject, on the March 2017 cruise there are 9 in our group, with only myself and two other friends in suite. At the time I booked the suite, there was no indication re club class (segregated) dining.

Now I'm feeling really bad because I really want to enjoy the club class dining but from what I've read Princess Cruises don't allow you to have guests dine with you. Having paid a premium by booking into a suite, I really want to be able to enjoy ALL of the extra benefits available....but was also looking forward to sharing meals with all of our friends.

I understand that the full menu is available for room service in suites, and so does that mean that we will not be able to have friends dine in our suite with us as well?

What about the special afternoon teas? I read that we can have that served to us in our suite, does that also mean that we can't have friends with us for that either?

Does anyone know what the per person charges are like to have a cocktail hour in suite before going to dinner?

Lots of questions, so glad there's somewhere I can ask them without feeling dumb (LOL!):)

Edited by FunforGin

Welcome to cruise critic and congrats on going large for your first cruise. As mentioned, the Princess threads may be of more use, also look out for the roll calls for your particular cruises. They can be beneficial for meeting people, organising activities and also the general information for your cruise.:D

According to the Princess web site Club Class Dining (which will slowly be rolled out over the fleet beginning in December) will not be added to Golden Princess until October 2, 2017. So you needn't worry about being segregated from your friends on your March sailing.

As for the in-suite benefits, there is certainly no one monitoring whom you chose to share them with. For the in-suite afternoon tea they always bring twice as much food as the number of persons listed could eat--and will bring even more if you ask.

(tentative calendar for the Club Class Dining rollout is at the bottom of this page:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/

from the US website, don't know if OP will be able to read it)

Edited by fishywood

According to the Princess web site Club Class Dining (which will slowly be rolled out over the fleet beginning in December) will not be added to Golden Princess until October 2, 2017. So you needn't worry about being segregated from your friends on your March sailing.

As for the in-suite benefits, there is certainly no one monitoring whom you chose to share them with. For the in-suite afternoon tea they always bring twice as much food as the number of persons listed could eat--and will bring even more if you ask.

(tentative calendar for the Club Class Dining rollout is at the bottom of this page:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/

from the US website, don't know if OP will be able to read it)

Thanks for the link.:D

Hi thanks so much for that info and link....relieved to see that it won't affect our group in 2017 and in 2018 its just myself and a friend so that won't be an issue.

I'm obsessive/compulsive about researching anything when it comes to spending money and I came to the conclusion that Princess Cruises were going to give me great food experiences (I'm a foodie) without being too 'high-browed' for me.

I know that sounds weird given I have chosen to save hard and book suites for both cruises, but I come to the conclusion I would like to cruise once a year and do it well without all the social pressure if you get my drift...I'm just a plain 'ol kiwi gal after all!

I'm sooo excited that I even named my six new chickens after Princess Cruise ships!

Goldie

Ruby

Saphy

Emmy

Coral and Dawn.

I call them my princess girls!

Hi thanks so much for that info and link....relieved to see that it won't affect our group in 2017 and in 2018 its just myself and a friend so that won't be an issue.

I'm obsessive/compulsive about researching anything when it comes to spending money and I came to the conclusion that Princess Cruises were going to give me great food experiences (I'm a foodie) without being too 'high-browed' for me.

I know that sounds weird given I have chosen to save hard and book suites for both cruises, but I come to the conclusion I would like to cruise once a year and do it well without all the social pressure if you get my drift...I'm just a plain 'ol kiwi gal after all!

I'm sooo excited that I even named my six new chickens after Princess Cruise ships!

Goldie

Ruby

Saphy

Emmy

Coral and Dawn.

I call them my princess girls!

Enjoy your cruises, and the chickens..