Eclipse Questions

hurwitz5

We will be sailing on the Eclipse in January 2017. We sailed on this ship this past January (2016).

(1) Has the Bistro on Five been converted to the ala carte sushi restaurant? If not, when will this happen? We enjoyed the free sushi in the buffet area every night st 5:30 - with cocktails on the back deck behind the buffet.

(2) The Eclipse debuted in 2010. When will the ship be refurbished?

When Eclipse had her "refit" were the sofas removed from the open air aft dining area of the Oceanview? I ask because the last time we sailed Equinox they had been replaced by more tables. Just wondered if the sofas were still on Eclipse.

No the sofas were there in May this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rats. I was hoping they'd gone. Or perhaps people aren't using them now as they were previously, to take naps with their feet hanging over the edges....

I have never seen anyone laying down on them.

IMO Eclipse design in that area is the weakest of all the Solstice Class ships. I have not been on the Equinox, but all the others several times. The bar, sofas, and smaller low tables are the rail is an idea that did not work. It was eliminated on the newer E ships. I am not sure why Celebrity has not yet changed the Eclipse design in that area.