Honolulu - Don't miss these two places...

resstation

Two places we went to in Honolulu were great - You can look them both up online as I don't have the details handy...

Teddy's Bigger Burgers - about a block from the beach. If you like big, messy, drippy burgers from a place where you don't mind waiting (they are cooked to order) and you don't mind a fast food ordering/eating vibe, this is the place to go. Really good burgers (and chicken sandwiches) that are also very easy on the budget.

Leonard's Bakery - OMG the line goes fast but there is always a line! Warm, delicious pastries called malasadas - they look like a poofy donut without the center hole. The original was the best because their fillings are not that great (we couldn't tell the difference between the coconut filling and the pineapple filling). DELICIOUS. Really, this one you shouldn't miss if you love sweets.

I tweet about my meals and have included some of our Hawaii favorites. You can find me at meetmymeal.

Two places we went to in Honolulu were great - You can look them both up online as I don't have the details handy...

Teddy's Bigger Burgers - about a block from the beach. If you like big, messy, drippy burgers from a place where you don't mind waiting (they are cooked to order) and you don't mind a fast food ordering/eating vibe, this is the place to go. Really good burgers (and chicken sandwiches) that are also very easy on the budget.

Leonard's Bakery - OMG the line goes fast but there is always a line! Warm, delicious pastries called malasadas - they look like a poofy donut without the center hole. The original was the best because their fillings are not that great (we couldn't tell the difference between the coconut filling and the pineapple filling). DELICIOUS. Really, this one you shouldn't miss if you love sweets.

I tweet about my meals and have included some of our Hawaii favorites. You can find me at meetmymeal.

Leonard's has been a staple since the early 50's great stuff. This is one of the stops on the "Hole In The Wall Food Tour" which we did a few years ago. Great tour and great stops.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone done the Animal Planet Shark Encounter in Honolulu via Princess? I'm wondering if it's worth the price. Looks pretty awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did the Hawaiian shark encounter through groupon it was amazing to see the Sharks up so close. The water can be a little rough as you hold onto the cage. Got sloshed around a bit but enjoyed it soon much!,!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leonard's has been a staple since the early 50's great stuff. This is one of the stops on the "Hole In The Wall Food Tour" which we did a few years ago. Great tour and great stops.

Stopped at Leonard's in April, quick bus ride from the hotel. Yum

f9f5c59748970a451889306c5cbea341.jpg

11fd83b3d457db15b79c29d2e46dbb7e.jpg

74e031b2c6106dae134f1f5386b1a1ac.jpg

Thanks to a mechanical problem on our way to Honolulu in 2014 for our POA cruise, the airline provided us with two $500 vouchers, which we used to return for a week on Oahu last September. During our stay there, DW & I hit Leonard's Bakery 4-times right at opening... great way to start the day.

I prefer the custard-filled malasadas with the cinnamon-sugar coating, although the chocolate cream filling with original coating is good too!!! Sorry, no pictures... they weren't in the box long enough to get a shot. ;)

Edited by azappraiser

Love Leonard's. I bought one of their T-shirts to wear when I workout - nothing better than thinking about desserts while working out ;)

If you are into sweets, take a walk up Monserrat to the Diamond Head Market. They have the most amazing scones!!!!