Celebrity cruises' outrageously LOW prices

teecee60

All of the cruise lines have been offering up to 85% off in order to fill these

cruises.

The cruising public must be in agreement about something and are voting with their feet.

For some reason it seems to be objectionable to point this out.

No, what was and remains objectionable was using a cruise forum to make partisan political comments about the situation in Israel/Palestine.

Stuart

All of the cruise lines have been offering up to 85% off in order to fill these

cruises.

The cruising public must be in agreement about something and are voting with their feet.

For some reason it seems to be objectionable to point this out.

There are specific reasons for these low fares. Originally the October 21st cruise was due to sail out of Istanbul. As a result it didn't sell well and many people cancelled. We actually had a suite booked for a ridiculously cheap price but cancelled when they changed the itinerary and had the opportunity to take a land vacation we preferred so I've seen what has happened with it.

People are not voting with their feet because they dislike the service etc. It is indeed a very cheap trip but it's all because of the situation in Turkey.

I wonder what the people who booked these when they first came out think? There's a growing number of people who think booking early is the best time to get the lowest price.

What we think is that booking it 2 years ago when things in Europe seemed quiet was a good idea. Prices rose steadily after those bookings.

It is only when many, in view of events in Europe , decided to cancel, did prices bottom out.

So the lines are doing the only thing they can. Sell at bottom prices. Prices like these make these itineraries seem much better in these troubled times.

I agree the prices are great. I was about to book a cruise on NCL for hundreds more for a shorter cruise and it didn't have 2 free perks included.

I just booked today for $899 pp a Concierge room on a 12 day Holy Land cruise from Rome to Athens with 2 free perks involved. Choice air was also $2000 cheaper per person for business class flights. Overall in very happy and looking forward to my first cruise on X

What we think is that booking it 2 years ago when things in Europe seemed quiet was a good idea. Prices rose steadily after those bookings.

It is only when many, in view of events in Europe , decided to cancel, did prices bottom out.

So the lines are doing the only thing they can. Sell at bottom prices. Prices like these make these itineraries seem much better in these troubled times.

Why the prices dropped is immaterial, the fact that they did is what matters. I doubt that everybody that booked early cancelled. I'm sure nobody got a conceirge or less than $70 p.p.

Why the prices dropped is immaterial, the fact that they did is what matters. I doubt that everybody that booked early cancelled. I'm sure nobody got a conceirge or less than $70 p.p.

I was pretty close to $70 a night. My cruise is a 12 night in a Concierge for $899 which is $75 a night. It also included two free perks so I got the drink package and prepaid gratuities.

You would be wrong. Seeing $819 for concierge right now on the November 2nd sailing.

I was pretty close to $70 a night. My cruise is a 12 night in a Concierge for $899 which is $75 a night. It also included two free perks so I got the drink package and prepaid gratuities.

The cruise is $819 p.p., in concierge, with two perks, which is a little over $68 per night.

I checked it and you don't get the perks with the $819 price being it's a guarantee. The price now to get the perks is $959 pp.

I know this as i called trying to price match to get the OBC as I just booked this cruise 6 or 7 hours ago and then saw the drop.

That was at least the CSR's explanation to me on the phone about 2 hours ago.

You would be wrong. Seeing $819 for concierge right now on the November 2nd sailing.

That's a good deal...

But I wouldn't book that cruise!! It's in November! It's almost winter and I wouldn't want to visit the Med wearing woolly jumpers and trousers!!

Summer season in the Med finishes late Sept / early Oct. Then all the resorts start to close down and the weather gets unpredictable.

That's a good deal...

But I wouldn't book that cruise!! It's in November! It's almost winter and I wouldn't want to visit the Med wearing woolly jumpers and trousers!!

Summer season in the Med finishes late Sept / early Oct. Then all the resorts start to close down and the weather gets unpredictable.

The weather may be unpredictable, and some resort type things will be closed (I would think Greek island ports might experience that) but on the flip side, nothing is crowded. Did a Med cruise in November a few years ago and it was wonderful--being practically the only people in Herculaneum on a nice cool sunny day in November was WAY better than my previous visit in August when it was sweltering hot, humid, and hard to see anything with all the crowds.

I'd choose November over August ANY day for Med ports. But if you are someone who wants to sit out by the pool, or visit the beach during your port stops, it wouldn't be a good choice. :)

That's a good deal...

It would be better weather than here in November and probably a pleasant temperature for touring the holy lands

It would be better weather than here in November and probably a pleasant temperature for touring the holy lands

That was a huge reason why we decided on this cruise. I hate going places that are extremely hot. I live in Florida so I deal with the heat enough. The last thing I want to do is travel to Israel and Turkey and deal with that. When I travel in the summer it's always to cooler places like Alaska, Northern Europe or south America.