Bringing Sodas on Carnival Dream

trj1020

We are going on a 7 day Carnival Dream cruise in 2017. I know we are allowed up to 1 - 12 pack of soft drinks per person, my question is do we put them in with our checked luggage or do we have to physically carry them aboard ship? You may have guessed, we are rookie cruisers but so excited, I just want to make sure we get our soft drinks to the cabin.

You have to carry them on. Check out the prices from the fun shops online. I ordered water for my sons cabin. Same price as if I bought in the store and carried on. Much less headache.

Have fun!!

*Just checked. Probably cheaper to bring on. 6 pack of coke is $10!! The water I ordered was $3.99 for a 12 pack.

Edited by sthrnbll

Carry on bag didn't even think about needing one. Mine will have wheels too so we should be good either way, I looked at the prices of soft drinks and $10 for a six pack is too much, the water is reasonable so I ordered that but gonna have to carry sodas ourselves. Thanks!

A small rolling suitcase is the way to go. You can put the sodas in there which makes it easier to carry on with you. I find that we don't drink as much soda on a cruise as I do at home. I used to bring a 12 pack and now I bring 4 cans! So you might want to bring less than a 12 pack per person. There is water, lemonade, and iced tea readily available.

Carry on bag didn't even think about needing one. Mine will have wheels too so we should be good either way, I looked at the prices of soft drinks and $10 for a six pack is too much, the water is reasonable so I ordered that but gonna have to carry sodas ourselves. Thanks!

Too much for the convenience?

if your on a 17 day cruise are you still only allow a 12pack of soda??

if its a 3 day - you are allowed 12 cans

if its a 5 day - you are allowed 12 cans

if its a 7 day- you are allowed 12 cans

if its a 17 day - you are allowed 12 cans

so in some cases its great and in some cases... not so much

I read in another post that security opens your 12 packs. If this is true, do they give you something to carry the loose cans in or help you tape it back up?

I believe this happened when new carry-on beverage rules were 1st instituted.

I have not read any recent reports of this happening.

I have been on 2 cruises this year, they didn't open mine nor did I see them opening any one else's soda.

I believe this happened when new carry-on beverage rules were 1st instituted.

I have not read any recent reports of this happening.

I have been on 2 cruises this year, they didn't open mine nor did I see them opening any one else's soda.

Just an FYI, they do open them in Galveston. I always advise folks to put those 12 packs in a rolling duffle. Easier to move them around until staterooms open and the cans are contained.

I agree. I purchased a six pack. It will be in the room waiting for me. No muss, no fuss. Well worth the $3-$5 I would save by carrying on.

A 12-pack is <$4 at the supermarket. Twelve sodas on board would cost you $20. So, potentiallyb$16 savings. Per person.

We just cruised with another couple, both women are heavy soda drinkers, so my wife dedicated one carry-on to nothing but sodas. Not sure if she got four 12-packs in there but it worked well.

Also, Carnival doesn't offer all brands so if you have a specific favorite you may have no choice but to carry it on.

Edited by dsotm73

A small rolling suitcase is the way to go. You can put the sodas in there which makes it easier to carry on with you. I find that we don't drink as much soda on a cruise as I do at home. I used to bring a 12 pack and now I bring 4 cans! So you might want to bring less than a 12 pack per person. There is water, lemonade, and iced tea readily available.

Definitely bring a rolling suitcase or some type of collapsible cart. I didn't think about that on our last cruise, so I ended up participating in an unexpected arm work out. ;-)

You are better off getting the bottomless bubbles which ends up being about $5.50 /day or so for unlimited sodas(fresh glass with ice every time too). No fuss and good value if you drink more than 2 a day. Or if you drink sodas and alcohol- then the cheers for $50/day is a better value so you can get water(all bottles and sparkling)/specialty coffees/sodas unlimited every day PLUS get about 3 DOD's or glasses of wine or beers with the previous and you come ahead in money and no carrying or ordering water for the room! ex of one day: 3 sodas about $2.50 each, 1 latte/cappuccino $4.00, 2 bottles of water $2.00 ea (unless got the 1.5 liter bottle which is a great value!), and 4 alcohol drinks at an avg of $9 ea= break even and convenient.

Edited by code_d

• 2 weeks later...
You are better off getting the bottomless bubbles which ends up being about $5.50 /day or so for unlimited sodas(fresh glass with ice every time too). No fuss and good value if you drink more than 2 a day. Or if you drink sodas and alcohol- then the cheers for $50/day is a better value so you can get water(all bottles and sparkling)/specialty coffees/sodas unlimited every day PLUS get about 3 DOD's or glasses of wine or beers with the previous and you come ahead in money and no carrying or ordering water for the room! ex of one day: 3 sodas about $2.50 each, 1 latte/cappuccino $4.00, 2 bottles of water $2.00 ea (unless got the 1.5 liter bottle which is a great value!), and 4 alcohol drinks at an avg of $9 ea= break even and convenient.

With the Cheers (alcohol) package you get specialty coffee drinks included as well!!??

With the Cheers (alcohol) package you get specialty coffee drinks included as well!!??

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices

Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars

Milkshakes, where applicable

RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea

500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges

Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving

25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars