Star Princess - Emerald Deck Cabin 208 206 204 Are these good??

buzymom3

Hi All

We are doing a cruise tour to Alasaka starting August 1, 2017 on the Star Princess.

I read that the Emerald deck is covered above so it is a good choice for Alaska. The only cabins that I see available are E 208/206/204 or 202...there are also two cabins available on the very back of the ship.

The deck plan shows a walk way ... is the walk way in front of the balcony or is it below?

What do you think about the two cabins at the rear of the ship on the Emerald deck?

all the the mentioned cabins are labeled premium balcony...not sure what that means.

HELP! There are two couples going and this is all my responsibility. I'm a wreck....

Hi All

We are doing a cruise tour to Alasaka starting August 1, 2017 on the Star Princess.

I read that the Emerald deck is covered above so it is a good choice for Alaska. The only cabins that I see available are E 208/206/204 or 202...there are also two cabins available on the very back of the ship.

The deck plan shows a walk way ... is the walk way in front of the balcony or is it below?

What do you think about the two cabins at the rear of the ship on the Emerald deck?

all the the mentioned cabins are labeled premium balcony...not sure what that means.

HELP! There are two couples going and this is all my responsibility. I'm a wreck....

I like them.

If you notice where they are on the deck plans.......

Many don't because the balcony overlooks the promenade deck walkway right in front of them. The balcony is slightly deeper......They are not even with the deck so people are not just looking in as they walk by. They are raised up and have frosted glass if I remember correctly to help with privacy.

Think there are some photos here on CC somewhere.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

"Premium balcony" means everyone wants one or they're in a "good" location, so they cost more:rolleyes:.

Walkers on the Promenade have a difficult time seeing into the cabin. If you're on your balcony when someone walks by and they look up at you...say hello.

BTW: if you book E730 & E731, you will NOT be able to see each other in the hallway with out trekking forward to the elevator hallway.

Another thought: link your bookings, so you can sit together in the MDR (if that's in the plans and you choose Traditional Dining).

Edited by JF - retired RRT

We had C752 aft balcony on Emerald and fell in love with it. Private and quiet. If we could afford these aft balconies, we would get them every cruise!

Shhhhh! These are horrible cabins, nobody wants them, they promote tooth decay, all that wake noise, can't see where you're going, yadayadayada

WE BOOKED! But we completely changed our deck. Decided to go for the bigger balcony on the Caribe deck after spending hours researching balcony cabins.

We are in C702 the other cabin is a few doors down! We are doing the North to South Alaska cruise so we are on the Port side of the ship. We are sailing in August.

OK I keep looking at that very last cabin on the Port side on C Deck. Not the very back of the ship, but on the side...last cabin on the port side. The balcony actually looks a little larger even than the regular ones...

UGH>...do I grab that?

WE BOOKED! But we completely changed our deck. Decided to go for the bigger balcony on the Caribe deck after spending hours researching balcony cabins.

We are in C702 the other cabin is a few doors down! We are doing the North to South Alaska cruise so we are on the Port side of the ship. We are sailing in August.

OK I keep looking at that very last cabin on the Port side on C Deck. Not the very back of the ship, but on the side...last cabin on the port side. The balcony actually looks a little larger even than the regular ones...

UGH>...do I grab that?

They are an angled balcony, they look more forward.

There are threads/photos on those on CC as well. Try a search. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Hi All

The eight BF category cabins on Emerald Deck forward on the Grand, Golden, and Star Princess are phenomenal deals. Privacy is not an issue if you are seated on the spacious covered balcony and there is room to spare even with 5 people on it. If standing at the balcony railing you will be able to say hello to those passing by on the promenade deck and they will likely envy you for choosing that cabin location. A walker would have to be 7 ft+ to peer over the railing into your space. Deck motion has never been a problem for us in the numerous times we've booked this cabin location. There is a chance you might hear some noise from the Princess Theatre during shows or rehearsals but unless you take afternoon naps or go to bed early when the stages shows are conducted you won't be bothered at all by noise. Try it you'll love it.