Restaurant Changes

shanet60

I'm hearing that la cucina has went to ala carte menu and the steak and lobster on the dining menus in the free restaurants will have an up charge , etc .. Is anyone else hearing this , my girlfriend called them today and was told this ..if I have to start paying for food what's the point. The small up charge for the for fee restaurants was ok, but a full price restaurant isn't nor is an upcharge in the free dining areas , any one know anything?

I'm hearing that la cucina has went to ala carte menu and the steak and lobster on the dining menus in the free restaurants will have an up charge , etc .. Is anyone else hearing this , my girlfriend called them today and was told this ..if I have to start paying for food what's the point. The small up charge for the for fee restaurants was ok, but a full price restaurant isn't nor is an upcharge in the free dining areas , any one know anything?

All specialty restaurants are a la carte. Have bee most of the year. All specialty restaurants offer a lobster dish.

Complimentary restaurants are complimentary. You can do your entire cruise without any additional charges. We do. The MDR does offer a lobster dish at a la carte prices.

All specialty restaurants are a la carte. Have bee most of the year. All specialty restaurants offer a lobster dish.

Complimentary restaurants are complimentary. You can do your entire cruise without any additional charges. We do. The MDR does offer a lobster dish at a la carte prices.

Teppanyaki and Moderno are not a la carte. The Teppanyaki restaurant is $29.95 plus 18% gratuity and Moderno is $24.95 plus 18% gratuity.

I'm adopting a new attitude for my upcoming cruise booked more than 18 months ago. We will eat when and what we want, if there are additional charges then so be it.

The MDRs and buffet are always there if I'm feeling cheap. But I will remind myself that I am enjoying a much needed cruise and will erase "nickel and dime" from my mind. We will have room service if and when we want it. A great cruise isn't entirely about price. It's also about rewarding yourself and your family.

It's unlikely that in the future I will be able to afford a 3 week cruise with a balcony given the current trends. But I'm lucky that I was able to get a great rate and beverage package (no 18% charge and discretionary service charge at the old rate). So I'm just going to enjoy myself.

If I find that the changes really are not to my liking that's not a problem. Lots of cruise lines to chose from.

Flame if you like, but please remember this is my choice. You are free to do what's best you.

I'm adopting a new attitude for my upcoming cruise booked more than 18 months ago. We will eat when and what we want, if there are additional charges then so be it.

The MDRs and buffet are always there if I'm feeling cheap. But I will remind myself that I am enjoying a much needed cruise and will erase "nickel and dime" from my mind. We will have room service if and when we want it. A great cruise isn't entirely about price. It's also about rewarding yourself and your family.

It's unlikely that in the future I will be able to afford a 3 week cruise with a balcony given the current trends. But I'm lucky that I was able to get a great rate and beverage package (no 18% charge and discretionary service charge at the old rate). So I'm just going to enjoy myself.

If I find that the changes really are not to my liking that's not a problem. Lots of cruise lines to chose from.

Flame if you like, but please remember this is my choice. You are free to do what's best you.

No Flaming here. Very well said. I couldn't agree more. Have a wonderful cruise.

Prior to NCL offering lobster in the MDR for a fee, it wasn't being offered at all. This is actually an improvement.

And La Cucina first went á la carte 10 months ago when Escape launched, at the same time Le Bistro and Cagney's did. This is very old news.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree, cruising still best deal out there!!!

Prior to NCL offering lobster in the MDR for a fee, it wasn't being offered at all. This is actually an improvement.

And La Cucina first went á la carte 10 months ago when Escape launched, at the same time Le Bistro and Cagney's did. This is very old news.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Keeping in mind also that we aren't taking just a tail, we're talking a full pound and a half Maine lobstah. (Which before this change was only available in a specialty restaurant as I understand it.)

Keep in mind that it's old news to us on CC, but to someone that hasn't cruised in awhile it's brand new.

If I had a cruise booked this would be my attitude also, with the exception of the spending part. A budget is still a budget, so I would be making choices about what to buy in lieu of what we had planned but at the end of the day NCL would receive no more than they would have.

Love this! This is how we feel as well;)

i'm hearing that la cucina has went to ala carte menu and the steak and lobster on the dining menus in the free restaurants will have an up charge , etc .. Is anyone else hearing this , my girlfriend called them today and was told this ..if i have to start paying for food what's the point. The small up charge for the for fee restaurants was ok, but a full price restaurant isn't nor is an upcharge in the free dining areas , any one know anything?

lol

Many people find they can actually each cheaper with the a la carte pricing than the flat charge. And you don't HAVE to pay for food. Main dining rooms, O'Sheeans, etc are still free. You can CHOOSE to pay more if you want to, but you don't HAVE to.

Lobster hasn't been free for quite some time on NCL. As others have said, its an entire 1.5-ish lb lobster, not just a tiny tail. They will have a steak dish every day in the dining room that is no charge. If you choose to get the steak you could order @ Cagney's, you may do that at the dining room for an additional cost (and for less than if you were dining at Cagney's!).

Enjoy your cruise!

Many people find they can actually each cheaper with the a la carte pricing than the flat charge. And you don't HAVE to pay for food. Main dining rooms, O'Sheeans, etc are still free. You can CHOOSE to pay more if you want to, but you don't HAVE to.

Lobster hasn't been free for quite some time on NCL. As others have said, its an entire 1.5-ish lb lobster, not just a tiny tail. They will have a steak dish every day in the dining room that is no charge. If you choose to get the steak you could order @ Cagney's, you may do that at the dining room for an additional cost (and for less than if you were dining at Cagney's!).

Enjoy your cruise!

nothing is "free" it is included in your cruise fare.

Just off the Pearl 8/7/16 sailing to Alaska. Steak (free) in MDR and was very good. No lobster except pay for in MDR or specialty restaurants. Attached is our receipt for le Bistro- 2 apps, 2 Beefs, 2 desserts. Used latitude coupon, so no 18% added on, ($61.94)but if no coupon - 18% would be added($73.)

If dinner wasn't free with latitude coupon, we would of been very satisfied with the MDR meals.

Safe sailing

1471454202410.jpg.710dfd07f5da65c12abcf51471ae559c.jpg