average age of passengers

GOODIES

If there are 3,000 plus cruisers 50's to 70's plus with no more than 10-20 cpls aged 35-49. Is that a cross section of all ages or 10-20 cpls who took the wrong kind of Party (Bingo) cruise :)

Edited by blkspy

You tend to find an older group of passengers (70+) if there are no long flights involved in reaching the port.

Interesting observation. In Los Angeles, the ships are generally full of kids and their parents along with grandparents, and you'll find the majority of them are locals. Of course, this varies according to the time of year.

We tend to do longer cruises and have found that the demographics are not typical of the seven day cruises. Transatlantics and 10+ repositioning cruises during nonschool times have the fewest children except infants and toddlers. Next month we are doing a 28 day cruise out of Los Angles - no children mentioned on the roll call!

As said, retirees have time and resources to travel when best for them. Though, next week we and grand kids are on Adventure of the Seas - 600 - 700 children. Right before school starts on the East coast!

Hal

I took a ten day Panama Canal cruise in December. I am 61, I felt young.

Well, I like this. We are the 10 day PC at end of October and I just turned 60.

I'll have something younger of my arm too. But to be honest, our last Princess, there were alot of young "nieces" with their older "Uncles".

Holland - great great grandparents

crystal - great grand parents

celebrity - grand parents

princess - parents

carnival - teens and drinkers

disney - children

You've got a couple of the cruise lines mixed up. To begin with Princess has the oldest clientele of any of the cruise lines, followed by HAL. I'm not to sure about Celebrity or Crystal but I believe they're next in line....and of course Carnival followed by Disney.

You've got a couple of the cruise lines mixed up. To begin with Princess has the oldest clientele of any of the cruise lines, followed by HAL. I'm not to sure about Celebrity or Crystal but I believe they're next in line....and of course Carnival followed by Disney.

So there is some official list somewhere you reference here?

princess - parents -- ask each other if they remember where they were on 9/11

celebrity - grand parents -- ask each other if they remember where they were when JFK was shot

crystal - great grand parents -- ask each other if they remember where they were when Pearl Harbor was bombed

Holland - great great grandparents -- ask each other if they remember what they had for lunch

see above in red

So there is some official list somewhere you reference here?

No. Other than some posting on this board by people who know about Princess & HAL. I guessed about Celebrity & Crystal. Carnival & Disney are obvious.

I really don't know for sure about RCI but from what I've seen (and it's been years) probably after Celebrity & Crystal.

Honest opinion doing the Regal Princess on 10/27/16

10 day from New to Ft Lauderdale.. Just curious the average age of the passengers will be, I figure all different ages but larger % of 60-70

any help be appreciatted..

Thanks

Might I suggest you go sign up on the roll call for that particular cruise??? It is one of the most ACTIVE roll calls I have ever seen with people wanting to do fun things and lots of sharing info.

We are going on that cruise and very impressed with "The Repeaters". A number of people have taken that cruise numerous times (it is our first and I think blckspy's 6th or 7th). I can tell you they hail from all over including Canada.

Anyone who goes has to be in for the long flight either back to NYC or their own home.;)

It's the vitality not the age. I work two separate licensed professional jobs running all day long(or all night long).

I have no idea your age but when I was 38 and I saw the crazy Carnival people drunk across the port, (on RCCL) I realized Princess (or ANY other line but that)was for me.

No. Other than some posting on this board by people who know about Princess & HAL. I guessed about Celebrity & Crystal. Carnival & Disney are obvious.

I really don't know for sure about RCI but from what I've seen (and it's been years) probably after Celebrity & Crystal.

it must be true if you read it on the internet...