average age of passengers

GOODIES

Honest opinion doing the Regal Princess on 10/27/16

10 day from New to Ft Lauderdale.. Just curious the average age of the passengers will be, I figure all different ages but larger % of 60-70

any help be appreciatted..

Thanks

10 day from New to Ft Lauderdale.. Just curious the average age of the passengers will be, I figure all different ages but larger % of 60-70

Thanks

All you get here are honest opinions. They are free, you know.

Assuming New is New York, a 10 day cruise during school time will be mostly adults. Those adults will likely be of the ages you indicated.

No American school age kids 3 weeks before Thanksgiving. Because of this--very few Adults who have school age kids. A sprinkling of honeymooners. Mostly Retirees or Adults with lots of vacation time. My 7th year doing this cruise. Avg age will be 50 plus. Less than 20 kids on the entire ship

My idea of cruise heaven :)

Thanks

How does anyone know who is going to be on the cruise.

Thanks

Put me down for 60 that's just a guess :D

Tony

Overall, Princess seems to have a good mix of demographics. However, that is definitely influenced by the time and length of the cruise. For our honeymoon we sailed 19 days from Sydney to Singapore last March. The average age on the ship was about 70. I've never seen so many scooters, walkers, and canes in my life, LOL. :eek:

Thanks

My inquiring mind wants to know why you asked this question?

You never know cruise to cruise the age or average age of the passengers. It will be a mix of all ages.

I agree with some of the other posters it will probably be retirees,but my DH is over 70 yrs old and not retired. He also looks way younger,so how would one know by looking once on a ship what the age of a person is???

Will it affect your cruise if the passengers look on average real young or real old?

Age is just a number.

I think there are a few roll call members from my cruise 11-13 on The Regal that start off in New York.(b2b2b)

Julie

In July I was on the Liberty to the Caribbean. 0ver 3000 pax and over 1000 kids. OMG! they were everywhere walking around with their eyes glued to their phones. Last year at the same time I went to Alaska on the Jewell. Much smaller amount of kids. I usually cruise on Princess and they seem to have 60+ crowd which I am part of. Remember, we are only as old as we feel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

At the time you're sailing on a 10 day there will be a larger % in the 60-70 age group.

My inquiring mind wants to know why you asked this question?

You never know cruise to cruise the age or average age of the passengers. It will be a mix of all ages.

I agree with some of the other posters it will probably be retirees,but my DH is over 70 yrs old and not retired. He also looks way younger,so how would one know by looking once on a ship what the age of a person is???

Will it affect your cruise if the passengers look on average real young or real old?

Age is just a number.

I think there are a few roll call members from my cruise 11-13 on The Regal that start off in New York.(b2b2b)

Julie

Kind of makes me laugh when people say a cruise is full of retirees so it must be full of oldies :confused: I was forced into retirement at 42 (maybe I found the meaning of life?) so there are those of us who are at both ends of the spectrum. As Julie says, Age is just a number :)

Take the Forrest Gump approach; cruising is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get. :cool:

We have done this repro cruise many times. New York to FLL We love it. Actually you get a good cross section of ages 35 upwards has been our experience. It's a really relaxing cruise. We love it as it goes south the weather warms up by day 2.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are in our late 40s and early 50s but tend to gravitate to the younger set. Goes with our job. That said, a few times while hanging with those in their twenties and thirties (and usually new Princess cruisers) they would state "There are so many old people on this ship" or "Why isn't there anything for younger people to do"

We just smile and think back to when we started cruising and remembering when we were that age. Never noticed it, never found a shortage of things to do. I guess younger folks today need much more artificial stimulation.

Thanks

Reality is that Princess passenger demographics tend not to be exactly a hip, slick and cool crowd....more like a lot of broken hips crowd....:D:D:D

I am on this cruise with my wife. I am 66 and loving it.

Off topic,but I use to live in SPI.

I like your screen name.:)

My husband worked off 4th/Madison and loved to watch the trains come and go. They would extend past his building and he would get a thrill out of talking to the engineers.

Julie

As others have said, a 10-day cruise at that time of year will skew older. Until DH retired from teaching this month, we had to schedule our cruises around his school breaks. We therefore hit the popular times of year for families--Christmas, spring break, and summer. Occasionally his winter break would let us go the week before Christmas. There would be fewer children then.