Departing Flight Question

wido78

We are on the Allure of the Seas 9/18 Presidents Cruise. Our flight is scheduled to leave FLL at 10:40. If I recall from past cruises, that shouldn't be an issue but I wanted to get your opinions.

We will be flying SWA and taking either a taxi or Uber to the airport.

Thanks

Edited by wido78
Added info

We are on the Allure of the Seas 9/18 Presidents Cruise. Our flight is scheduled to leave FLL at 10:40. If I recall from past cruises, that shouldn't be an issue but I wanted to get your opinions.

We will be flying SWA and taking either a taxi or Uber to the airport.

Thanks

You should be fine but I would not cut it that close.

Scheduled to leave at 10:40 on SW means boarding will begin no later than 10:00am (assuming the inbound flight arrives to FLL on time).

When we debarked the Serenade in FLL this past March, we did self-disembark and were in line 35 minutes BEFORE they started. By the time we got off and cleared customs, we were on the curb waiting for our ride at 8:10am.

You are coming off a larger ship. Are there other ships in port that day? That will impact your timing, because remember...you have to clear security at FLL too. Checking any bags? You'll have that line as well.

Is it doable? Sure. But realize that one or more delays anywhere along the line may impact your ability to make that flight.

For me, that flight would be too close for comfort. But if it works for you, then go for it. But know what flights happen AFTER yours so you know what your options will be if you don't make it.