Is it only me

woodman

It is definitely not just you. I am 557 days away and I am still looking everyday for anything I can learn to help plan for our cruise. I can't imagine what it will feel like the morning we get up to head on our way. It will be better the Christmas I expect.

But once we stopped at Buc-ee's (I45 exit 17 as you approach Galveston), the mood lightened and excitement ramped up considerably. Could not wait to see the ship!

No matter which way you are headed out of Houston, a stop at Buc-ee's lightens the mood!!

As others have said, it is only only you!

FWIW I almost like the prep for the cruise more than the cruise. Planning the diet, the workout regimen, the care for the pets, the flights, the hotel and such. The entire process gives me a purpose.

We're like 70 days away from our next cruise, all is in place but adjusting the diet/workout for the last 10 weeks. Can't go on vacation w/o having some cross striations and such, gotta look KILLER in the pics!

Obviously you are not the only one...but not everyone is like you.

We have only been on four cruises, and with each one, the pre-cruise excitement gets less and less. Frankly this last one, the planning and packing was approaching chore status. But once we stopped at Buc-ee's (I45 exit 17 as you approach Galveston), the mood lightened and excitement ramped up considerably. Could not wait to see the ship!

Last year, I booked on a Friday, and set sail on that cruise on Monday. Talk about no time to overplan - ha! I would recommend doing that at least once for everyone.

My wife and I have cruised many times most of them on Carnival. I can remember our first cruise on the Sensation in 2001 and some of them in between. We still get very excited days before our up coming cruise.We can't wait to board and look around and watch every one else coming on the ship. Days before I start packing and planning. My wife just laughs at me. Yes I'm like a little kid at Christmas. We leave on the Magic this coming Saturday and can't wait.

No way! I'm at 36 days away and literally made an advent calendar like those for Christmas, since day 88! lol I have been packed since probably day 100. I just like the act of preparing and I find it super fun. Have a blast on your trip. :D

I dread the drive to ports since it involves a lot of car time but I'm always looking forward to cruising. Especially for our next one since it's been over 5 years since our last. Only 70 more days and I'll get my cruise fix, had one booked for Dec too but cancelled it for a few reason but couldn't handle not having a second one booked so booked a 7 day eastern last night for next April. May still squeeze one in between these two. Gotta make up for lost time :D

I try not to over plan, I did that with my first and it seem to take away from the fun, I knew so much about the ship and everything else there really wasn't anything left to discover when I got there. Now I check out my excursions thoroughly and ask about ports/ships I'm not familiar with to help choose one but try not to over think it. I also don't over pack or stress out about forgetting something, I pack and double check, just don't stress. As long as I have our credentials and meds the rest can be worked out. Oh and underwear I do check underwear, over the years on one trip I forgot mine, on one DD forgot hers and on another Dh forgot his so by gosh everyone has to present their undies along with passports LOL

Sounds like you may be over planning a bit. I've been guilty of it myself, over planning, over reasearching, etc... True it all but guarantees no unpleasant surprises, but it also all but guarantees no PLEASANT surprises as well. I've cut way back on pre-cruise "chores." I grew weary of being over familiar with the ship and ports-of-call before I ever even saw them. I like my new routine better. It's not knowing what you are going to get for Christmas as opposed to knowing. A little mystery is a good thing. :)

I think that is probably the problem. I too have stopped trying to know about every nook and cranny of a new ship we are going on so we have surprises.

I'm the same way...printed all docs and attached bag tags two weeks ago and we don't leave on the Magic until 3 September 2016 the day your cruise ends. 12 more days and it seems like forever.

Cheers and happy cruising!

Edited by Port of Tampa

Always so excited! I spend days and weeks and months online, planning, dreaming, booking various activities, etc.

Unfortunately the actual cruise is a short time in the grand scheme of things. So I always let the excitement build over the months leading up to it!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! I've only been on 2 cruises and have one booked for next month on the same ship I was on 3 months ago. I still watch the YouTube videos of the same ship I know a lot about.... When I want to sleep but can't, I day dream about my cruise day (September 17). I dream about how my day will go play by play. If that doesnt put me to sleep, I start to dream about cruises I want to take in the near future.

I do the same when I can't sleep, but I go through what I'm going to wear for each day. Like counting clothes instead of sheep :)

• 1 month later...
No matter which way you are headed out of Houston, a stop at Buc-ee's lightens the mood!!

We're taking our first cruise out of Galveston next February, and have heard so much about Buc-ee's that we're planning a stop there on our way home. Sounds like a unique Texas experience. ..

Sent from my Galaxy 4

I am always super excited about my cruises. About a month in advance, I will start a basket in my closet of things to pack. I will have looked at all pics I can find of the ship as soon as I have booked. Also, excursions researched & booked. I will start packing clothes days before we ever leave. My hubby, on the other hand, packs the night before we leave and would only have looked at ship pics if I stood over him & made him look. He just shakes his head at me. Even my neighbors & kids tease me about my pre-packing.

I'm kinda in between.

Coming up on my ninth cruise (6th on Carnival) and I haven't really started to pack yet. I'm not looking forward to the drive down to FL, plus my car got hit on the roof by some road debris bad enough to puncture the metal skin...and there won't be time to have it repaired before departing next week. :eek:

So far, it's a bit "meh" for me.

BUT THEN......I remember that this is the first time I've ever voluntarily booked a balcony cabin (an aft extended), because my friend John's wife is coming along for her First Cruise Ever (yay)...and we're trying to show her a really good time. It's also the first time we've opted to get the Cheers program, plus we booked an all-inclusive at Amber Cove and a villa at HMC, so.....yep, I'm starting to get more excited. :D:):D

We cruise in 41 days on our next one and no matter what I still get super excited. I love the thrill of being waited on. As mom/wife in my house I'm excited not to have to make decisions/do anything. I think people cruising get excited for different reasons. No matter how many cruises I go on that is one reason I'll always be excited about going!