Superior Hal Service

sahara1

Did the Grand Med in March and left a shawl. Told them when they got to dry-dock in May. Never heard anything. It arrived in Ottawa Canada today from Amsterdam. I don't know of another cruise line that would be so customer orientated.

I was on Statendam in 1999...had an old shirt so threw it away last night....several days after returning from cruise...got a pkg from HAL in t was the shirt I threw out lol

Now that story is just a little scary! A passenger would have to be extra careful, then, if they wanted to dispose of something that might be embarrassing (or even incriminating...:o), they'd better do a very thorough job of it! Otherwise that incriminating/embarrassing item would follow them home! :eek:

(If a man answers, hang up!!! :cool:)

Did the Grand Med in March and left a shawl. Told them when they got to dry-dock in May. Never heard anything. It arrived in Ottawa Canada today from Amsterdam. I don't know of another cruise line that would be so customer orientated.

That's great to hear they are still doing this..:D

Many years ago we received a phone call from Lost & Found in Seattle.. They found something in our cabin from several months earlier..Forgot what it was..They sent them to us but I offered to pay the postage, & did..

Now that story is just a little scary! A passenger would have to be extra careful, then, if they wanted to dispose of something that might be embarrassing (or even incriminating...:o), they'd better do a very thorough job of it! Otherwise that incriminating/embarrassing item would follow them home! :eek:

(If a man answers, hang up!!! :cool:)

OH My.. This post is very funny!:D:D

Edited by serendipity1499

Ah HA Found the thread & post from 2011..HAL Lost & Found in Seattle called me..They found my glasses & a pill box on the Veendam, many months before..

They sent them to me but I did pay the postage..

My Post No. 9 in this thread..:D

See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1356277&highlight=hal+lost+%26+found

Also forgot they also replaced my Mariner Tiles, which were broken....

BTW in my post of 2011, I mentioned that long time Friends were with us on the Noordam & we hoped they would join us on another HAL cruise.. Well guess what? They finally are joining us on our cruise this Oct..

Edited by serendipity1499

On our recent cruise, in Corfu, we got back on the ship and discovered my wife's camera was missing. Half of our pictures, gone. We thought it might had dropped out of her pocket on the bus from the cruise terminal so we found the appropriate bus and searched, all to no avail. I went back to the terminal check in point, and they didn't have it either. Dang. So I got back on the Oosterdam and let the front office know about the loss. They said they'd look for it and get back to us. About 2 hours later, they called, and said they had it! The cab driver from central Corfu had found it in his cab, brought it to the cruise terminal check in, they looked at the pics, saw we were on the Oosterdam, and they sent it on to the ship. The front office saw the pics of us and immediately called us and returned the camera! Half of our pics SAVED! I thought wow, how fortunate, good service from the cab driver (we'd tipped him well), from the security personnel at the port check in, and finally by the HAL staff. We were very impressed (and happy) with their service!

I was on Statendam in 1999...had an old shirt so threw it away last night....several days after returning from cruise...got a pkg from HAL in t was the shirt I threw out lol

Similar story but in reverse. I had a LARGE piece of luggage that was on it's last days. When we got to a port in Florida DW and I hopped a shuttle to Walmart and bought a replacement piece. The day of disembark I called front desk and asked them what I should do with the old, beat up gigantic piece (I felt bad just leaving it in the cabin) and they said "Don't worry about it, just leave it there and we'll dispose of it for you." Very Nice! :)

On our last cruise, I wrote a letter to one of the managers (Food and Beverage Manager, maybe?) and left it at the front desk. It was sealed, addressed to: Mr. John Doe (I had his real name at the time, but have forgotten it now)

Food and Beverage Manager

I put one of my return address labels on the upper left corner of the envelope, with my cabin number written underneath.

About six weeks after we got home, I got something in the mail that looked strange. Sure enough, it was my letter. Somehow it got lost in the inter-office shuffle, and must have been put in the US Mail.

I was amazed that it showed up at my house!

On our recent cruise, in Corfu, we got back on the ship and discovered my wife's camera was missing. Half of our pictures, gone. We thought it might had dropped out of her pocket on the bus from the cruise terminal so we found the appropriate bus and searched, all to no avail. I went back to the terminal check in point, and they didn't have it either. Dang. So I got back on the Oosterdam and let the front office know about the loss. They said they'd look for it and get back to us. About 2 hours later, they called, and said they had it! The cab driver from central Corfu had found it in his cab, brought it to the cruise terminal check in, they looked at the pics, saw we were on the Oosterdam, and they sent it on to the ship. The front office saw the pics of us and immediately called us and returned the camera! Half of our pics SAVED! I thought wow, how fortunate, good service from the cab driver (we'd tipped him well), from the security personnel at the port check in, and finally by the HAL staff. We were very impressed (and happy) with their service!

That's great on so many counts.