Anthem of the Seas - Junior Suite

My wife and I booked a cruise for September 2017 to the Bahamas on Anthem.

We had originally booked a balcony room (Deck 10).

In reading about price differentials and room sizes - and this being our first vacation alone in really about 4 years (little kiddos at home now), I decided to bump up our booking to a Junior Suite (which is starboard on Deck 11).

I figured this would be a nice Anniversary surprise when we check in for our trip - I don't plan on telling her till we get our cards and room assignments.

I know you get the double points for a JS, and the robes to use on board. I've also read conflicting things on other sites a far as what perks you get for booking this room. I know you don't get the full compliment of suite perks - but for those that have sailed on the Anthem in a Junior Suite, what did you get out of it, and would you do it again?

In addition to the extra room, one of the best perks of a JS is being able to eat dinner at the Coastal Kitchen. It is excellent.

Which should be taken fully advantage of- it's really good.

But other than that, there's not much more to the JS benefits.

That being said, that's the lowest we go anymore. The space is so very nice to work with that we find it worth the extra money. And we really liked the Anthem JS- they are different than other JS's with the layout of the bathroom items.

You also get little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower soap as well as one glass bottle (large) of Evian water. I had asked our room steward if the water would be replace when empty but he said it was a one time deal. However, he did leave us a second bottle, which was very nice of him.

I've posted pictures online (click here) of our Junior Suite. It was an amazing cabin. HUGE balcony!!!

So agree with dinner as option in Coastal Kitchen! Also, when boarding, you will be able to go to a suites waiting /sitting area in the terminal at Bayonne until they open doors for boarding. Last time we were there was water and juices offered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For a 9-night Canada/New England cruise, the price differential between JS and Balcony Stateroom is over $2K ... which is pretty expensive ... considering that the only suite benefit you get is dinner at The Kitchen (plus a larger stateroom) ...

• Is The Kitchen worth it ... can you really order anything off the menu from another dining venue at the Kitchen?
  • For the gratuities for your stateroom steward etc, are you charged the Suite rate then?
  • How large is the bathtub in the washroom ... is it really tiny or large enough for a comfortable bath
  • Is the upgrade to a pillow-top mattress really that noticeable ...

Thanks ...

For a 9-night Canada/New England cruise, the price differential between JS and Balcony Stateroom is over $2K ... which is pretty expensive ... considering that the only suite benefit you get is dinner at The Kitchen (plus a larger stateroom) ...

• Is The Kitchen worth it ... can you really order anything off the menu from another dining venue at the Kitchen?
  • For the gratuities for your stateroom steward etc, are you charged the Suite rate then?
  • How large is the bathtub in the washroom ... is it really tiny or large enough for a comfortable bath

Thanks ...

I cannot inagine someone ordering food from a different dining venue and having it delivered to Coastal Kitchen. The choices (and service) in Coastal Kitchen are great. Yes gratuities are higher in a suite. Tub is definitely not tiny. Balcony is larger. Stateroom is larger. And in a JS you get double C & A points.

You also get little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower soap as well as one glass bottle (large) of Evian water. I had asked our room steward if the water would be replace when empty but he said it was a one time deal. However, he did leave us a second bottle, which was very nice of him.

I've posted pictures online (click here) of our Junior Suite. It was an amazing cabin. HUGE balcony!!!

On the Anthem, every bathroom gets the tubes of toiletries.

I cannot inagine someone ordering food from a different dining venue and having it delivered to Coastal Kitchen. The choices (and service) in Coastal Kitchen are great. Yes gratuities are higher in a suite. Tub is definitely not tiny. Balcony is larger. Stateroom is larger. And in a JS you get double C & A points.

No. The higher gratuities do not apply to Junior Suites. They don't kick in until you get to Grand Suite.

Thanks ...

To me, the difference would not be worth $111 per person per day, which is what $2,000 works out to.

And it's called Coastal Kitchen. :)

Great pics ... thanks ...

To me, the difference would not be worth $111 per person per day, which is what $2,000 works out to.

And it's called Coastal Kitchen. :)

Yes ... it is quite pricey! A JS would offer DW more room if we need to get a scooter for her ... and having a tub would be nice for her also. We cruised Celebrity Silhouette before so I think the regular balcony bathroom layout is similar ... can't recall how large the semi-circular shower is though ... is the shower aboard the Anthem fairly small?

The cost of a B2B aboard the Anthem in a JS is similar to the cost of a B2B Anthem(regular verandah)/NCL (Haven Class stateroom) ... so trying to ascertain what the best "value" will be for us overall ... also looking at one or two other cruises ... too much to decide - lol ...

Yes ... it is quite pricey! A JS would offer DW more room if we need to get a scooter for her ... and having a tub would be nice for her also. We cruised Celebrity Silhouette before so I think the regular balcony bathroom layout is similar ... can't recall how large the semi-circular shower is though ... is the shower aboard the Anthem fairly small?

The cost of a B2B aboard the Anthem in a JS is similar to the cost of a B2B Anthem(regular verandah)/NCL (Haven Class stateroom) ... so trying to ascertain what the best "value" will be for us overall ... also looking at one or two other cruises ... too much to decide - lol ...

DSC07997_zpse93901bd.jpg

DSC07998_zps0777c23c.jpg

DSC07996_zps055703f1.jpg

Holly, we will be in a spa jr suite in November, is this cabin a spa suite also and what room number was it.

Thanks a lot

Holly, we will be in a spa jr suite in November, is this cabin a spa suite also and what room number was it.

Thanks a lot

The pix above are not a spa jr ste. the bathroom in spa jr ste has a toilet and sink and drawers on one side of stateroom entrance hall and other side is tub and huge separate walk in shower - and a marble sit down area in the shower and sink and drawers.

The pix above are not a spa jr ste. the bathroom in spa jr ste has a toilet and sink and drawers on one side of stateroom entrance hall and other side is tub and huge separate walk in shower - and a marble sit down area in the shower and sink and drawers.

Barry was talking to Holly, and I was posting/talking to FM. :)