Is it true- NCL ship pins

collectingcoke

Never ever got a pin on any of the Carnival cruises I took, so perhaps NCL is following the 'norm' of other cruise lines with this. I wish I'd gotten one on the S.S. Norway but that was my first NCL.
I only got them on one of my cruises on NCL (they gave me two), that I can remember, and I sent them to someone who was looking for them or maybe they wanted to sell them on ebay. I've never gotten a pin on Celebrity and I think I got 1 on one of my first Crystal cruises back in the olden days. It really didn't matter much to me, as they are not something something I would save, use, wear or care about.

You may like them but most get thrown out. If this is a straw, you have other issues.

Mine have been tossed or left on the desk. IMO a pin would be one more thing taking up space in my junk drawer. None of the recent changes will impact the enjoyment of my vacations! :D

I do save them and am disappointed the ship pins have been discontinued.

Perhaps, they will issue pins according to your status. Bronze, silver and/or platinum. The real deal, of course, no cheap plated metal. Then they can add diamonds for those with higher status. :p

It's no surprise that they stopped auto-distributing. A ton were left behind and I am sure even more were tossed in a bag and then trashed later at home.

The question is really how many people asked for/wanted them. Enamel pins are not that cheap, if requests were fairly limited, makes sense to remove them and maybe replace them with loyalty pins (as Princess did) or sell them at a reasonable price (for Disney definition of reasonable)

Never ever got a pin on any of the Carnival cruises I took, so perhaps NCL is following the 'norm' of other cruise lines with this. I wish I'd gotten one on the S.S. Norway but that was my first NCL.

We got them on Disney, but that's been a lot of years ago.

Maybe the value on Ebay will increase now that they've been discontinued, and I can sell my NCL ones. :D

A Facebook post on NCL page reporting that NCL has discontinued the ship pins. If so I am so bummed love collecting them. What else can they take away from us - honestly this is just another straw. Uggggh.

It is true. When the current supply runs out there will be no more ship ins.

Carnival's gig is "ship on a stick".

The cruise consultant on the Jewel said that they are "changing" the pins for a more meaningful gift for latitude members. We will see.

The Jewel is on their last set of pins and will distribute them on request until gone.

Edited by BirdTravels

• 1 month later...

NCL's website still says that they are giving out the pins. No mention of discontinuing them. I wonder why? :confused:

Anyone out there have a Jade pin they would like to part with? It's the one ship that I didn't get one from when I was on it in February. :( Heartbroken. I do use mine. I do a scrapbook for every single ship with my 8 year old daughter and the pin goes in them beside the ship picture on the front. It's a tradition I have been doing for 6 years now.

NCL's website still says that they are giving out the pins. No mention of discontinuing them. I wonder why? :confused:

Anyone out there have a Jade pin they would like to part with? It's the one ship that I didn't get one from when I was on it in February. :( Heartbroken. I do use mine. I do a scrapbook for every single ship with my 8 year old daughter and the pin goes in them beside the ship picture on the front. It's a tradition I have been doing for 6 years now.

eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really? Three dollars on Ebay? Even if they were thirty dollars on Ebay...I give mine away. This is what I have left:

1 Dawn...the blue and gold version before they went to the ship hull design.

2 Jade...hull design

2 Jewel...hull design

1 Star...hull design

3 Dawn...hull design

2 Gem...hull design

I gave an entire collection away many years ago that included a Norway pin...I hope the cruisecritic guy is not selling it on Ebay! He promised!

Hmmmmm, what else do I have? Oh...one fired Captain's name tag (keeping)...one Gem It Girl lips (keeping)...one cruise deposit (thinking about giving away) and the stories I never told (keeping...but... if you see a crazy old lady in her mid-eighties sitting on a park bench all day smoking cigarettes on the causeway in Dunedin Florida thirty years from now...you can hear them then)!

coka:D

Really? Three dollars on Ebay? Even if they were thirty dollars on Ebay...I give mine away. This is what I have left:

2 Jade...hull design

2 Jewel...hull design

1 Star...hull design

3 Dawn...hull design

2 Gem...hull design

I gave an entire collection away many years ago that included a Norway pin...I hope the cruisecritic guy is not selling it on Ebay! He promised!

Hmmmmm, what else do I have? Oh...one fired Captain's name tag (keeping)...one Gem It Girl lips (keeping)...one cruise deposit (thinking about giving away) and the stories I never told (keeping...but... if you see a crazy old lady in her mid-eighties sitting on a park bench all day smoking cigarettes on the causeway in Dunedin Florida thirty years from now...you can hear them then)!

Coka, I'm interested in Jade and Gem if you are giving them away. :) They will be put to good use in my scrapbooks I do for each cruise. Promise.

2 Jade...hull design

2 Jewel...hull design

1 Star...hull design

3 Dawn...hull design

2 Gem...hull design

We would love to have:

Jade

Star.

Dawn

Would be glad to give you 2 or 3 dollars each for them.

My husband and I have been adding to our pin ribbons

I have a Breakaway pin I can give you.

Thanks

Michele

Edited by Harlan