Price reductions

Fishkillbill

IMHO an upgrade from Concierge to Aqua is great! The Concierge lunch (which was also extended to Elite+ on our cruise) was definitely forgettable. On the other hand, you'll get to eat in Blu for the entire trip, which is definitely a plus. Bon voyage!

Betsy

Now that we can't go to the "first day" Concierge lunch, where can we go for lunch?

Now that we can't go to the "first day" Concierge lunch, where can we go for lunch?

In your case knowing that you paid $799 I'd ask about upgrading to a suite for just $162 more per person.

You'll get access to Michaels CLub where you can enjoy free alcohol. Afternoon tea and canapes, a butler serving them, a larger and nicer room and you'll be able to dine in Luminae.

I genuinely think your expectations will be exceeded and all for just an additional $162 per person. The booze alone will be worth more than that!

In my mind it's a no brainer. Costs have come down to bargain basement prices including the sky suites so make the most of it. You'll be paying a lot less than the oter suite passengers at around $160 per person per day plus taxes.

That's a real bargain! You'll also be able to enjoy lunch in Luminae on embarkation day which I guarantee will be far superior to the concierge class offering.

Edited by Mynki

Yes if you book via a TA you can still get price reductions before final payment date (at least in the US, places like the UK have much different rules).

I've never seen that it was limited to 1 time reduction. As others have said here you have to be very careful with regards to any perks offered. Basically what happens is that your reservation is "repriced" at the current booking conditions (price & perks).

Since in the US you can cancel without penalty before final payment basically what they are doing is avoiding the paperwork that would be involved if you canceled your existing reservation and immediately booked under the new terms. The advantage to you is the ease of the transaction and you can be guaranteed your same cabin.

I agree with the above poster that if you can get a suite for $160 pp over Aqua I'd do it in a heartbeat for Michaels Club and Luminae. Don't worry if it's a GTY as you will be happy with any suite.

If that deal is gone or you decide not to I agree with others that you're Aqua upgrade especially Blu will be much appreciated.

I always book direct with Celebrity or on board. If the price drops before final payment and you have booked on board they will rebook at lower price but if the perks have changed on the lower price you may lose them! After final payment you can request upgrade.

Any time we have booked direct with Celebrity and the price has dropped we have called them and upgraded our cabin. Last November on an Asian cruise we went from outside to balcony and then following further decrease Aqua class at no extra cost!

Today the price is down to $479 !

If it makes you feel any better, I'm on this cruise as well and I can't get the price reduction either, and won't try for an upgrade. We are on the cruise before and after this one as well and I want to keep the same room (in my opinion way easier than messing with changing rooms) and the prices of the cruise before this and after this one have gone up significantly from what we paid when we booked over a year ago.

I agree with the above poster that if you can get a suite for $160 pp over Aqua I'd do it in a heartbeat for Michaels Club and Luminae. Don't worry if it's a GTY as you will be happy with any suite.

If that deal is gone or you decide not to I agree with others that you're Aqua upgrade especially Blu will be much appreciated.

With the TA we often use the suite price is $961 per person plus taxes. I assume it's a sky suite. Quite probably a GTY.

Rather than feeling like he's paid the most for his class of cabin he can sit in Michaels club sipping a free martini knowing he's paid the least for his suite class cabin! I think that would be a nice start to his cruising career. :D

I've just checked on the UK Celebrity site. They have all categories of suite listed. A guarantee is £1956 for two people, so in this case it's deffo better to book with a US travel agent at $961 per person.

We booked a GTY suite before got assigned the worse SS2 on the ship, called up and asked to change for the best SS1 (6145 on Millennium) and pulled it off with no extra cost. UK travel agents and Celebrity in the UK will not allow you to do this.

Even better was the fact that we'd originally booked an AQ1 then the price came down $400 for a suite guarantee and drinks included which is unusual with a W class booking.

My point was that the worst suite is better than any other room on the ship. We booked GTY on this same itinerary a few years ago and got the accessible S2 next to the elevator on deck 8. This was before the suite life perks and was still better than any Concierge or Aqua room we had had.

It looks like there are no S2 suites available so I would think chances of S1 or CS would be pretty good. I hope OP comes back and tell us what they do. Whatever they do it should be an excellent cruise.

Sorry so one more. If you are looking for an extra perk if you have brought other cruisers to Celebrity are you better off dealing with Captains Club rep?

Celebrity doesn't offer extra perks to those who help recruit other passengers. I'm sure there are travel agencies that may kick in a little more in a situation like that.

My point was that the worst suite is better than any other room on the ship. We booked GTY on this same itinerary a few years ago and got the accessible S2 next to the elevator on deck 8. This was before the suite life perks and was still better than any Concierge or Aqua room we had had.

It looks like there are no S2 suites available so I would think chances of S1 or CS would be pretty good. I hope OP comes back and tell us what they do. Whatever they do it should be an excellent cruise.

Totally understood and totally agree with you. :)

How do the price reductions work?

We booked May 31, for the six day repositioning cruise on the Summit. Leaving NJ October 16th. The base price we paid was $799.

I see the price now is $599. This is our first cruise. Should we have waited?

Today the price is down to $479 !

A LOT of people are very satisfied with, and think they are getting a good deal, booking directly with the cruise line, and/or booking onboard for a future cruise. Most of those people will NEVER discuss the actual price they paid in dollars. :rolleyes:

The large, well known, and long established internet travel agency that I book most of my cruises through, has your 16 Oct. Summit repositioning cruise listed at $249pp inside/$299pp ocean view/ $409pp balcony. :eek:

I KNOW how to get good deals... I cruised 15 nights on Reflection for $449pp, and 23 nights on Century for $799pp. :D

As you are new to cruising, it will take a while to learn how to get the best deal... but don't EVER book with the cruise line... their slick marketing schemes and ridiculous, never ending promotions are designed to make you THINK you got a good deal. :(

Celebrity is GREAT... enjoy your first cruise... but for next time, try a search for "last minute cruise deals" or "90 day ticker." ;)

Here's another thread... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2386831 and look into "AIR2SEA" for savings on flights.

Edited by teecee60

Note: If you reprice the cruise due to a price drop and you have perks on your original reservation, make sure that you are keeping your perks (or getting better ones) with the price drop. X reserves the right to reprice your trip at the current rate and perks if you request a price drop !! Steve

+1 for look out for loss of perks. We had a price drop on a trip and our TA said we could benefit from the lower price, but our 123 promo was no longer being offered and we would have lost all those benefits.

A LOT of people are very satisfied with, and think they are getting a good deal, booking directly with the cruise line, and/or booking onboard for a future cruise. Most of those people will NEVER discuss the actual price they paid in dollars. :rolleyes:

The large, well known, and long established internet travel agency that I book most of my cruises through, has your 16 Oct. Summit repositioning cruise listed at $249pp inside/$299pp ocean view/ $409pp balcony. :eek:

I KNOW how to get good deals... I cruised 15 nights on Reflection for $449pp, and 23 nights on Century for $799pp. :D

As you are new to cruising, it will take a while to learn how to get the best deal... but don't EVER book with the cruise line... their slick marketing schemes and ridiculous, never ending promotions are designed to make you THINK you got a good deal. :(

Celebrity is GREAT... enjoy your first cruise... but for next time, try a search for "last minute cruise deals" or "90 day ticker." ;)

Here's another thread... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2386831 and look into "AIR2SEA" for savings on flights.

I Am not shy about saying that on my last sailing on Silhouette I received 10% off the then published base fare for the lowest category I wanted, upgraded to the top category on a Veranda plus received $100 for booking on board plus $350 OBC, when I returned home I transferred to my TA who promptly provided an additional $350 OBC and I have a choice of two (2) perks, yet to be selected.

I Am happy with what was done for me, that is, until something better for the next sailing happens along...

bon voyage