Royalty Gift OBC Question

Cruisingisthebestfun

I am planning on booking a cruise on the Caribbean Explorer on Royal. Before I do, I have a question regarding the Royalty Gift OBC program.

I understand if I book two 10 day cruises, I will receive two Royalty Gift OBC's. However, if I make one booking for 20 days that happen to be B/B 10 days each, could I still receive the two Royalty Gift OBC's? I know I would get 2 cruise points but unsure about the OBC's. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

What is a royalty gift OBC? I've never heard of it. Is this a new promotion? OBC usually comes from a future cruise certificate... or deposit.... or, of course, a promotion.

However, if you do get OBC, it depends on how you booked the cruise. Did you book it as one cruise or two? If one, you'll get OBC for one cruise. If you booked it as 2 separate cruises, you'll get it twice. It's usually cheaper to book it as one cruise but you'll lose the second OBC.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

I am planning on booking a cruise on the Caribbean Explorer on Royal. Before I do, I have a question regarding the Royalty Gift OBC program.

I understand if I book two 10 day cruises, I will receive two Royalty Gift OBC's. However, if I make one booking for 20 days that happen to be B/B 10 days each, could I still receive the two Royalty Gift OBC's? I know I would get 2 cruise points but unsure about the OBC's. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Are you speaking about the Captain's Circle Loyalty OBC? If yes, then starting with your 21st cruise you will receive Loyalty OBC for each booking number. Book as a single cruise you receive the credit once. Book as two booking numbers and you receive it for each booking. The credit isn't that large:

cruises 21 to 31 it is $25/cabin*

cruises 32 to 41 $50/cabin

cruises 42 to 51 $75/cabin

cruises 52+ $100/cabin

This is different than elite perks such as internet mins, mini bar set up which you will receive for each leg of the b2b no matter how it is booked.

Are you speaking about the Captain's Circle Loyalty OBC? If yes, then starting with your 21st cruise you will receive Loyalty OBC for each booking number. Book as a single cruise you receive the credit once. Boo/k as two booking numbers and you receive it for each booking. The credit isn't that large:

cruises 52+ $100/cabin

This is different than elite perks such as internet mins, mini bar set up which you will receive for each leg of the b2b no matter how it is booked.

Who knows what the OP was asking....

Are you speaking about the Captain's Circle Loyalty OBC? If yes, then starting with your 21st cruise you will receive Loyalty OBC for each booking number. Book as a single cruise you receive the credit once. Book as two booking numbers and you receive it for each booking. The credit isn't that large:

cruises 52+ $100/cabin

Thank you for the explanation. Yes, I am talking about the Captain's circle loyalty OBC. In the past I typically book B/B as two bookings.

When you have the option of booking the same cruise as either one long booking or two shorter bookings done back to back always compare the total of the fare and all OBC's offered such as the shareholder an veteran benefit OBCs.

A single 14 day booking will get $50 more for a veteran or a shareholder than would two 7-day cruise bookings.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please confirm for me that this is to be applied on every cruise once you have finished at least 20 previous cruises. I was just given bad information by the captain's circle host on my most recent princess cruise. She stated it only applied while on your 20th cruise and you don't get it again until your 31st cruise. It was making no sense to me at all. If this was the case, it was missing off my DH's OBC, which was his 20th cruise and if she was wrong, then it was missing from my OBC as this was my 21st cruise.

There were people in line confirming what she was saying so I just gave up and went to the purser's desk. At this desk, she told me I would have to take it up with my TA as there was nobody in the loyalty dept she request this from. Oh....they were making my head hurt.

Yes, you get it every cruise and only 1 per stateroom even if both of you in the cabin are over the threshold. The first level starts at 21 cruise credits (not actual cruises). So, for people who stay in suites, go solo or cruise on longer itineraries, it's possible to get to that magic 21st cruise credit a lot faster. I got mine at my 21st. At that time, DH was a few credits behind me but it really doesn't matter because you only get 1 per cabin. Does that help explain it?

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Yes, you get it every cruise and only 1 per stateroom even if both of you in the cabin are over the threshold. The first level starts at 21 cruise credits (not actual cruises). So, for people who stay in suites, go solo or cruise on longer itineraries, it's possible to get to that magic 21st cruise credit a lot faster. I got mine at my 21st. At that time, DH was a few credits behind me but it really doesn't matter because you only get 1 per cabin. Does that help explain it?

It definitely does. I was told if I call I could get double on my next sailing because they missed it on this one. I think it may have been because the future cruise consultant was filling in for the captain's circle host and just didn't know the ropes. I was just getting so much conflicting info, I was getting a bit frustrated as I thought I had read differently on here. It was only $25 and my next Princess cruise is over a year from now so probably won't bother. Funny thing is, my bill after getting all my other OBCs was approx $26 so that would have pretty much covered it. :D

It definitely does. I was told if I call I could get double on my next sailing because they missed it on this one. I think it may have been because the future cruise consultant was filling in for the captain's circle host and just didn't know the ropes. I was just getting so much conflicting info, I was getting a bit frustrated as I thought I had read differently on here. It was only $25 and my next Princess cruise is over a year from now so probably won't bother. Funny thing is, my bill after getting all my other OBCs was approx $26 so that would have pretty much covered it. :D

Definitely make sure you have it next time. You've earned it and you deserve it! What a nice ending bill that would've been - $1!