Cheapest Balcony Rate

ChickonRules

Hi everyone! I'm looking to book balcony for the November Caribbean cruise. I am just curious to see what was the lowest rate you've booked a balcony for? Currently it's going for $849. I'm wondering if I should book in the next month or so or wait last minute.

Thanks for your responses =)!

No way to know. However, if a person has the schedule flexibility to wait until last minute, and will not care if by then no cabins remain or the prices are up instead of down, then waiting can be an option. We have to plan much further in advance though. So we book as early as possible, then monitor for lower prices until final payment, then accept what we have then. Wish we could do last minute. Might cruise even more.

Hi everyone! I'm looking to book balcony for the November Caribbean cruise. I am just curious to see what was the lowest rate you've booked a balcony for? Currently it's going for $849. I'm wondering if I should book in the next month or so or wait last minute.

Thanks for your responses =)!

Which category of Balcony? Guarantee Balcony? My upcoming cruise on the Escape on 9/3 is now selling Guarantee Balcony starting at $599 but that is pretty last minute. We paid $929 for our mid ship balcony at about 45 days out. It subsequently dropped to $879 a couple of weeks later. We were able to get them to upgrade us a couple of decks up since that category was also lower than we paid.

1. what ship?

2. what (not really) "free at sea" promotion do you want

3. how many days?

4. sailing from where?

5. type of balcony - NOT ALL ARE CREATED EQUAL! (lovely view of a lifeboat?)

6. past guest? Military? other incentive?

Send me a PM and I can assist you in securing the best price.

If you book a guarantee, you don't get any of the perks. Keep that in mind. But if you don't care about the perks, you can get a pretty good deal. We got 2 weeks on the Breakaway in January in a category BA on deck 14 for $2,645.00 for the cabin including taxes. Booked less than 30 days out. It was AWESOME!!!

The week in Nov. is important. If it's (American) Thanksgiving week (20-26th), then prices will likely be significantly higher.

In my experience, if it's not a holiday sailing, a "great" price on a guarantee balcony (you don't get to pick your room, e.g., category OX) is around $600/pp. A "good" price is around $800/pp. After that, it's just an average price. If it's above $1000 for a guarantee balcony (e.g., OX), then you are probably paying a premium (must be a holiday or otherwise high volume cruise).

These numbers are all based on a 7 day cruise. Perks can make a difference. You are unlikely to find a $600/pp balcony with the current "free at sea" promo.

We're looking to go on NCL Escape from Nov 12-19. I'm constantly checking and so far it's still at $849. They have a Canadian special where the USD rate would be the same for us. However, no perks :(.

Edited by ChickonRules
Additional Info

We're looking to go on NCL Escape from Nov 12-19. I'm constantly checking and so far it's still at $849. They have a Canadian special where the USD rate would be the same for us. However, no perks :(.

Are the perks worth it?

I am happy with the rate and perks I was able to get for our upcoming December Getaway cruise. We booked early and so far I haven't seen a better offer. We have a guarantee balcony with the UBP, 4 speciality restaurants, 250 minutes of Internet & $50 OBC for $799 a person (two people in a cabin). I read a lot of posts about NCL prices skyrocketing, but this deal is better than my past two NCL in 2011 & 2014. This is our first time booking a guarantee, but I'm not too worried because there doesn't seem to be any really bad balconies on the ship.

I am happy with the rate and perks I was able to get for our upcoming December Getaway cruise. We booked early and so far I haven't seen a better offer. We have a guarantee balcony with the UBP, 4 speciality restaurants, 250 minutes of Internet & $50 OBC for $799 a person (two people in a cabin). I read a lot of posts about NCL prices skyrocketing, but this deal is better than my past two NCL in 2011 & 2014. This is our first time booking a guarantee, but I'm not too worried because there doesn't seem to be any really bad balconies on the ship.

Agree, that's a great deal. The freestyle choice really has added value in terms of real dollars on the whole cruise for us.

Great deal!!!

Too bad NCL stopped providing the Freestyle choices on guarantee categories :( because that is what NCL is known for. If I was looking for a guarantee cabin now, I would pick another cruise line because cabin prices are about the same but the DSC, drink and dining packages are more expensive on NCL.

Last year in November I paid for guarantee balcony for NCL Breakaway $599 and received a Family Mini suite with balcony.. However it was a last minute price, I booked 2 days before sailing. No perks though, which was fine with me. I don't drink, eat in the buffet and go on my own in ports.

It greatly depends on when. Historically the lowest prices are in Nov and Dec=- outside of the holiday of weeks. You are too early for the last minute, so "reports" claiming lowest rates now, are likely to hole. I cruise both these time frames every year and have done so for at least the last 5. A big difference is, I am flexible and am picky with the itinerary. It has to be places I want to go, I don't pick crappy itineraries, just to be on a ship. Some people do. So, know yourself well.

I also have no limitations on where I sail out of. Makes no difference to me, where I have to fly to. :) I'm hoping to pick up a price dump on POA, which have happened. A top itinerary for my priorities. Also have my eye on the Sun in December and see how those sailing go- hit the jackpot last season. :)

This is a basic booking strategy for any type of cabin.

Being you are a Celebity fan , why don't you elaborate with price rather than a blanket statement?

Nov 12-19 sailing: NCL Escape BX $1,769. MSC Balcony Bella $1,421. MSC also has a cheaper drink package. But seriously, just click on their websites and look it up. It's not that hard.

Nov 12-19 sailing: NCL Escape BX $1,769. MSC Balcony Bella $1,421. MSC also has a cheaper drink package. But seriously, just click on their websites and look it up. It's not that hard.

But seriously, I do check. The point being you had #'s to share and be helpful, but you chose to make that blanket statement.

Most others were posting #'s.