Free Mini Bar on Eclipse

simoncha

"Host Andy" is no longer a Moderator for Cruise Critic. He is now the Social Media representative for Crystal Cruises and they got a really quality person. Hosts Anne and Walt now monitor the Celebrity board and I thank them for their efforts. Andy still posts as a regular member as "Andy".

Whoa! And we knew him when!!!:D Sounds like a great job.:)

We were on the Eclipse Norwegian Fjords 8/26 - 9/3, and the mini bar was included in our premium pkg. We drank several items from the mini bar, including the red wine and weren't charged. Our stateroom attendant replenished it everyday. We were told they tried this on the previous sailing for the first time and it worked well so they were doing it again. I hope they keep doing this and open it up fleetwide.

Not sure if it's worth the cost.

If you are a martini drinker it is. One martini a day pays for the cost of the upgrade. The mini bar is a great addition to the premium package, imo. I wonder if the Eclipse is a test ship. We sail her in January, and will be upgrading to premium with or without the mini bar addition. We have a lot of OBC to use and we enjoy martinis.

Marie

Or, the uptake on Premium packages was low and they were looking for a way to get more sales.

Naw. Having been in an out of the food & bar business for many a year, you always want to make the drinks with the cheapest cost per bottle of booze you can. That is where the $$ are made, not pouring top shelf product.

I'm now unsure how this will work. I always upgrade to the Premium package but hubby downgrades to the Premium non alcohol package since he is teetotal. So will they let us have an open mini bar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I asked we were told both people in the room had to have premium alcohol package.

We drank brandy last night, they've 'run out' today [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When I asked we were told both people in the room had to have premium alcohol package.

We drank brandy last night, they've 'run out' today [emoji51]

I have a feeling they are testing it, and it may be short lived. Enjoy while you can. How is BLU? We are in AQ on the Eclipse in January. How is the sommelier?

Marie

I have a feeling they are testing it, and it may be short lived. Enjoy while you can. How is BLU? We are in AQ on the Eclipse in January. How is the sommelier?

Marie

Blu is great again, the portion sizes seem to have increased. We have only all courses once and were stuffed!

The sommelier (Jason) was on our last cruise and has been with Celebrity for 6 years, this is his last cruise. He is great, very helpful.

We have eaten in specialty restaurants this time and loved Tuscan but were blown away by Murano. We eat in Qsine next week.

Blu is great again, the portion sizes seem to have increased. We have only all courses once and were stuffed!

The sommelier (Jason) was on our last cruise and has been with Celebrity for 6 years, this is his last cruise. He is great, very helpful.

We have eaten in specialty restaurants this time and loved Tuscan but were blown away by Murano. We eat in Qsine next week.

Love your feedback. Thanks. We were AQ on the Summit last month, and always left very full! We felt the portions were plenty, plus we are always watching calories. We are on the Infinity next month, but, back to the MDR. It will just make us appreciate AQ that much more in January, lol. It is our first S class ship, btw. We will be on the Regal Princess for the Christmas cruise, MDR.

Wishing you a wonderful rest of your cruise. Thanks for posting!!

Marie

If you are a martini drinker it is. One martini a day pays for the cost of the upgrade. The mini bar is a great addition to the premium package, imo. I wonder if the Eclipse is a test ship. We sail her in January, and will be upgrading to premium with or without the mini bar addition. We have a lot of OBC to use and we enjoy martinis.

Marie

See you at the bar then. I upgrade just for that bar

Sent from my iPad using Forums

See you at the bar then. I upgrade just for that bar

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, see you there!!! On the Summit as soon as we stepped on board we went straight to the Martini Bar, lol. On the Infinity next month, no drink package :(. It's only 4 nights, so I should survive. We will still have a bar bill, but, it won't be as much fun.

Marie

Is Vinod, the waiter , still there? (He told us last winter that they were making him move to a different ship)

Who is the Maitre D?

Thanks!

We were on the Eclipse Norwegian Fjords 8/26 - 9/3, and the mini bar was included in our premium pkg. We drank several items from the mini bar, including the red wine and weren't charged. Our stateroom attendant replenished it everyday. We were told they tried this on the previous sailing for the first time and it worked well so they were doing it again. I hope they keep doing this and open it up fleetwide.

It should be fleetwide! Great idea that will save on staff and bars being so noisy, etc.....

I would love the free mini bar. Sometimes you don't want to go to a noisy, busy overwhelmed bar area and you want to enjoy a drink on the balcony. Now that is luxury cruising!!!

This is exactly what the free minibar provides. We have had a free minibar included with our suite on our last few cruises. With a premium package we didn't expect it to be a big deal but it really was a nice perk! Just going into your own mini bar mid afternoon for a cola or a beer to quietly enjoy on the balcony...It doesn't cost the cruise line, the drinks are included anyway, but it does add to the luxury of cruising!

This is exactly what the free minibar provides. We have had a free minibar included with our suite on our last few cruises. With a premium package we didn't expect it to be a big deal but it really was a nice perk! Just going into your own mini bar mid afternoon for a cola or a beer to quietly enjoy on the balcony...It doesn't cost the cruise line, the drinks are included anyway, but it does add to the luxury of cruising!

BRAVO!!!! That is the way to cruise! Hope it goes fleet wide.