Walk off the Escspe?

volk904

Walk off starts between 7:00 and 7:15. It is driven by the time CBP is set up and auhorizes disembarkation.

Any idea how long it usually takes to get through customs if you walk off early.

I know on our last cruise on the Oasis it was only about 40 min but that was a different port and ship.

Can't speak to today.

We arrived on the Sky a few months back. Took over 2 hours to clear customs. A group of non-US people missed departure and picked up the ship at the first port. Since it was not a closed loop for them, US customs needed to process them into the US. Took forever since all members of the group didn't show up on time and US customs would not let anyone else off the ship until all of that group was accounted for. We waited for a long time [outside in the sun] in line to disembark the ship. Then they held the line in the baggage hall while customs finished their paperwork.

Another cruise last year, we didn't arrive into maimi until 10:30 (vs 7:00) due to fog. When the port opened, we had to get in line with a lot of other cruise and cargo ships entering the port. Just sat off shore blowing our fog horn.

Edited by BirdTravels

Any idea how long it usually takes to get through customs if you walk off early.

I know on our last cruise on the Oasis it was only about 40 min but that was a different port and ship.

We lined up at 6:30am got off the ship at 7:10, right thru customs, grabbed a cab and made it to the airport by 7:50am. We were in the terminal a few minutes later (American) it was crowded but we easily changed our flight to the 10:00am out to PHL. We had TSA Pre Check and were sitting in the terminal at 8:20 for a 9:30am boarding

Edited by Laszlo

10AM is awful early for a flight!

Yes it is, but there are many who still chance it! And I've yet to see someone come back who have missed early flights and warn others about the problems/money it cost them.

The only thing I see is Oh we made it no problem.

10 is early but by walking off is can be done. See Lazio but We know that if there is a major delay it will be a long day but we have done it before at other ports but also missed a flight once because the ship was late getting in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Escape this morning. We were in the Haven at 8:05 and took a special elevator to deck 7 and off the ship. Had a Red Cap help us out to the pickup area and was at our gate at FFL at 9:10. Excellent ! Breezed through customs, light Sunday traffic to FFL, dropped bags off at curbside checkin, through TSA, and at the gate in 1 hour and 5 minutes. Never so easy. :) Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob

We just got off the Escape this morning. We were in the Haven at 8:05 and took a special elevator to deck 7 and off the ship. Had a Red Cap help us out to the pickup area and was at our gate at FFL at 9:10. Excellent ! Breezed through customs, light Sunday traffic to FFL, dropped bags off at curbside checkin, through TSA, and at the gate in 1 hour and 5 minutes. Never so easy. :) Gerry.

Not easy, but possible then.:)

10 is early but by walking off is can be done. See Lazio but We know that if there is a major delay it will be a long day but we have done it before at other ports but also missed a flight once because the ship was late getting in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our flight was actually at 2pm. As we were pulling in I turned on my phone to check US Air's web site. Luckily they had a bunch of seats still available on the 10am flight. We made it to the airport in plenty of time to switch for $50.00