It's Official. Cruise is paid in full...

Mr & Mrs Happy

Finally paid off our upcoming cruise. We had until the 30th of this month to pay it off but I was like, why wait? :)

I also did what some suggested here about continuing to check every day to see if FTTF would become available for this upcoming cruise and it did. We had to cancel a previous cruise which had FTTF and I was told it would transfer but I then received a letter that it wouldn't, so they gave us a refund.

This is cruise #3 for me and #2 for the hubster. This time we're going to do an excursion in both ports if there are no complications *fingers crossed*.

I do have one question. We are mainly beer drinkers and I've purchased beer through Carnivals website to be delivered to our cabin. Is that a "smart" move? I looked into the Cheers package and while we love to drink, we are not heavy drinkers.

So now we just wait, and wait and wait...:( but man are we excited to be cruising again.

Congrats on the cruise! The four pack is nice to have handy in your fridge. It's obviously not as cheap as 4 beers on land would cost but nothing on a cruise is. I thought about cheers on our last cruise but wife barely drinks and I figured there's no way I'd get my money's worth so I just got beers whenever I wanted from the nearest bar and never felt like I wasn't drinking enough. Didn't spend anywhere even remotely close to the 750 bucks Cheers would have cost. Even with buying some drinks of the day and such. I probably could have sampled a few expensive scotches and still come out ahead.

I expect to get a few buckets of Cigar City beers in December. Not because of the value but it's just easier than four trips to the bar that has them. The CC beers on Conquest in July were pretty reasonable though. I think just 5.50...

Y'all have fun!

Doesn't it feel so good to make the last payment? Congrats and I hope the both of you have a great cruise!

We discussed the cheers package but we could not justify paying $50ish/pp per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good thing about ordering your beer in advance for your cabin is that there is no gratuity added. If you order at the bars or from room service, that will be tacked onto the price.

Order a few for your cabin in advance!

And congrats on paying in full. It is, indeed, a great feeling!!

What a wonderful feeling and relief!! Congrats!! It is very exciting and very real now! Another 'plus' to ordering anything in advance, is that you can have it 'paid off' before you cruise.....one less expense to incur 'during' the cruise. Have a wonderful vacay!!

Thought I posted earlier but do no see my post. Congratulations on having all your cruise ducks in a row. I just paid off our January Conquest sailing and It feels good, and makes it seem so much closer. Have a great time on your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love that feeling too! And no, I am not concerned about giving Carnival my money early and losing out on "interest" that I might get because the amount of interest is trivial compared to the 10-20% savings I get from buying discounted gift cards. The gift card people have my money already, so it makes zero difference to me that I pay early. I am all for getting it out of the way and concentrating on other things. Congrats!!

Congrats on paying your cruise off. I, apparently like you, just like to get that out of the way, so I, like you, just paid my January cruise off this morning, as well. Yes, I'll lose about 20 cents in interest, but what the hell. Feels good to be able to print my boarding pass, etc. ;)

I think you did the right thing as far as the drink package goes also. You'd have to drink one hellava lot of beer to even break even.

Hope you have a GREAT cruise. Maybe I'll see you aboard one of these days. :D

"SKY"