Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

mscdivina2016

Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

• NO
    • Yes but only with adult supervision at all times
    • Yes but with Adults only times for the pool
    • Yes, but not in the pool
    • yes, but have an attendant on duty who is not tipped

Having been in the Haven and experienced unsupervised children running around and screaming disturbing passengers who paid a hefty price to be in the Haven, IMO children under 16 should have parental supervision at all times. When our children were babies and disruptive or loud screaming or crying in any public space including restaurants, we immediately removed then as not to diminish the enjoyment of others. To do otherwise IMO is selfish. Some children are great and develop early to adapt to social situations and others either take longer or not at all. My best friend has a child with autism and unfortunately he cannot be in some social situations like a movie theater or restaurant. She fortunately has caring family members that he stays with when she and her spouse and kids travel.

To me though it is selfish to not allow kids to have fun in the Haven. Their parents paid the same hefty price you did. Why is your way nonselfish but those of families is?

Crying or screaming are one thing but just having fun is different and kids will be louder then adults.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Hmm,

Reading through the kids program FAQs it appears that 11-12 yrs can check themselves out after 2 hours and teens can come and go as they please. This seems to counter the suggestion that kids under 18 must be supervised at all times.

Yes, ages 10-12 can check themselves out. No, kids under 18 do not need to be joined at the hip with their parents, and anyone who thinks they do needs a reality check.

NCL is a mainstream cruiseline geared toward families. Very silly poll. If you want tranquility book a luxury liner.

With that said, if there are children running around and screaming etc I do believe the attendant should step in, and if that does not help the parents should be notified (if they are not there of course).

I can also report that I paid a "hefty" price for Vibe to have tranquility but got the complete opposite. It seems to have gained traction as a "buddy drinking bar" with the main purpose of screaming loudest and compete who can say most nasty words. I never heard so much (loud) trash in my life in everything from detailed sex acts, to discussing in eternity from what animal species the former president and first lady belonged to. The bartender would look at us with this " I cant do anything look" (which we others understood). This low class group was in Haven (after a week I knew everything about them), I just wonder what OP would have said about this group being in the Haven pool area for a week. Bet he wouldnt have made a poll.

Moral of story: This is a medium priced cruiseline, and it will attract unbehaved families and low class nasty talking scum. Wherever they show up we can just hope we can go somewhere else.

Just to finalize I want to say how magnificent the staff were under these conditions and an admiration to the american guest who at the end came to all of us foreigners apologizing and offering to invite all of us to Cagney's. Class Act.

Will give Vibe a second try in 29 days, I havent read about such behavior in the forums here so I'm hoping I just had really realy bad luck last time.

Haven and the word kids is like a contradiction. How can something be a haven with unruly kids running around. When I was on Breakaway I had a low boarding number and got 2 of the last 4 vibe passes. There were many haven guests in the vibe because they didn't want to deal with the unruly kids. If haven was adult only it would allow for more vibe passes being available.

, I just wonder what OP would have said about this group being in the Haven pool area for a week. Bet he wouldnt have made a poll.

e.

OP here.

I like the unlimited alcohol package, so I might have had a really good time with them.

I have heard the animal thing before,funny answers.

Much rather adults being adults on booze than kids being unruly,but that's my opinion.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Haven and the word kids is like a contradiction. How can something be a haven with unruly kids running around. When I was on Breakaway I had a low boarding number and got 2 of the last 4 vibe passes. There were many haven guests in the vibe because they didn't want to deal with the unruly kids. If haven was adult only it would allow for more vibe passes being available.

Yes at times kids can be unruly I'm some people's opinion but I would see that much more around the pool. If you go to the Haven sundeck you will rarely see a bunch of kids as there is nothing for them to do. So to me there is no difference between vibe and the Haven sundeck other then to say you are in an adult only area with a bunch of people who dislike kids. My kids looked at the Haven sundeck once and were with us. Looked around and then left and never returned. They stayed 2 decks below at the Haven pool.

To me though it is selfish to not allow kids to have fun in the Haven. Their parents paid the same hefty price you did. Why is your way nonselfish but those of families is?

Crying or screaming are one thing but just having fun is different and kids will be louder then adults.

Because it is a small place?

Because someone "being quieter" is not apples to oranges to "being louder"?

Because you are respectful of others?

Just a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes at times kids can be unruly I'm some people's opinion but I would see that much more around the pool. If you go to the Haven sundeck you will rarely see a bunch of kids as there is nothing for them to do. So to me there is no difference between vibe and the Haven sundeck other then to say you are in an adult only area with a bunch of people who dislike kids. My kids looked at the Haven sundeck once and were with us. Looked around and then left and never returned. They stayed 2 decks below at the Haven pool.

I have never been in haven does sundeck have 2 hit tubs or it's own bar like the Vibe? I'm just saying it's not that I hate kids I have 3 grown children and have grandkids but when I go on vacation I want some quiet relaxing time. I probably would never pay the amount of money they charge to get into the have and still have unruly kids in pool. But one other hand that leaves me to show up super early to board and run and hope I can get a VIBE pass. Because half of them are bought by haven passengers who have first crack at them.

The breakaway has so many great options for kids- walking the plank- water park areas, kids camps etc, why wouldn't a parent want his/her child to enjoy the companionship of other children? I think parents should allow their children freedom to have fun- but the parent has to make an effort to bring his/her children to enjoy these facilities- after all it is their vacation also- Most kids do not want to sit in a confined area all day like the haven. It is boring for them and of course if they are bored mischief will occur.

I probably would never pay the amount of money they charge to get into the have and still have unruly kids in pool.

There's no guarantee that there will be unruly kids in the Haven pool.

There's no guarantee that there won't be unruly kids in the Haven pool.

But one other hand that leaves me to show up super early to board and run and hope I can get a VIBE pass. Because half of them are bought by haven passengers who have first crack at them.

It isn't just Haven guests who have priority boarding. Plenty of non-Haven guests can get VIBE passes before general boarding begins.

I have never been in haven does sundeck have 2 hit tubs or it's own bar like the Vibe? I'm just saying it's not that I hate kids I have 3 grown children and have grandkids but when I go on vacation I want some quiet relaxing time. I probably would never pay the amount of money they charge to get into the have and still have unruly kids in pool. But one other hand that leaves me to show up super early to board and run and hope I can get a VIBE pass. Because half of them are bought by haven passengers who have first crack at them.

The Haven only has an indoor bar in the Haven lobby however they do have people running around to deliver drinks.

There are 3 hot tub. One on each side of the Haven pool and one on the sundeck.

My issue is that people say to get the Vibe passes to avoid kids but if you want to sit out in the sun you can do that at the Haven sundeck and get away from kids.. So a waste of $$$ if you are thinking of getting vibe only to avoid kids

Because it is a small place?

Because someone "being quieter" is not apples to oranges to "being louder"?

Because you are respectful of others?

Thank you DMH. I was trying to put my thoughts into words, but you nailed it.

This is a hypothetical discussion anyway. I am all about people-of all ages- having fun in the Haven and where ever, as long as it does not interfere with other folks ability to have fun, party and/or relax if they want to. And what is "fun?; certainly not the same for everyone. I also think it is "luck of the draw" as to who is traveling with you on the ship and in the Haven. My one experience with the Haven was great-no unruly people of any age.

I prefer smaller ships but since my son is working on the Getaway, I am going back on the Getaway in the Haven in September. I chose a time when children are back in school. I plan to go back to Windstar cruises-180 passengers, and no children. And no need for a "Haven"-the whole ship is one! Just my two cents. This has been an interesting thread IMHO.

Hmm,

Reading through the kids program FAQs it appears that 11-12 yrs can check themselves out after 2 hours and teens can come and go as they please. This seems to counter the suggestion that kids under 18 must be supervised at all times.

That would be dumb. No such rule.

Thank you DMH. I was trying to put my thoughts into words, but you nailed it.

This is a hypothetical discussion anyway. I am all about people-of all ages- having fun in the Haven and where ever, as long as it does not interfere with other folks ability to have fun, party and/or relax if they want to. And what is "fun?; certainly not the same for everyone. I also think it is "luck of the draw" as to who is traveling with you on the ship and in the Haven. My one experience with the Haven was great-no unruly people of any age.

I prefer smaller ships but since my son is working on the Getaway, I am going back on the Getaway in the Haven in September. I chose a time when children are back in school. I plan to go back to Windstar cruises-180 passengers, and no children. And no need for a "Haven"-the whole ship is one! Just my two cents. This has been an interesting thread IMHO.

To the point of Apple and oranges.... It is really Apple to Apple. Some people like a quiet place. Some like it to be more lively which includes kids. Why is your fun of a quiet place out weigh the fun kids and family want. I for one want to have fun with my kids in a place we can get in the water and move or have a spot near them without having to be a chair hog.

In both cases there are other quiet places other than vibe just like there are other places with life. So to me both sides like what they like and that's fine.

OP here.

I like the unlimited alcohol package, so I might have had a really good time with them.

I have heard the animal thing before,funny answers.

Much rather adults being adults on booze than kids being unruly,but that's my opinion.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

I am really glad that you list your future cruises on this forum, so that I know which ones to avoid!

To the point of Apple and oranges.... It is really Apple to Apple. Some people like a quiet place. Some like it to be more lively which includes kids. Why is your fun of a quiet place out weigh the fun kids and family want. I for one want to have fun with my kids in a place we can get in the water and move or have a spot near them without having to be a chair hog.

In both cases there are other quiet places other than vibe just like there are other places with life. So to me both sides like what they like and that's fine.

No, apples to oranges.

Loud people's actions can infringe on quiet people but quiet people in no way infringe on loud people by just being quiet.

No, apples to oranges.

Loud people's actions can infringe on quiet people but quiet people in no way infringe on loud people by just being quiet.

But by needing to be quiet for you to be happy makes me unhappy - apple

Me being happy by doing things that are noise may make me happy but makes you unhappy - apple

For one group to be happy makes the other unhappy. You keep thinking what you like everyone likes which is not the case. No matter which way you go someone is unhappy so apple to apple

But by needing to be quiet for you to be happy makes me unhappy - apple

Me being happy by doing things that are noise may make me happy but makes you unhappy - apple

For one group to be happy makes the other unhappy. You keep thinking what you like everyone likes which is not the case. No matter which way you go someone is unhappy so apple to apple

How about doing the sensible thing. Meet in the middle? Nobody is asking you to turn the small Haven into a library. But it shouldn't be Bourbon Street either. Or Sesame Street.

How about doing the sensible thing. Meet in the middle? Nobody is asking you to turn the small Haven into a library. But it shouldn't be Bourbon Street either. Or Sesame Street.

I agree with that.. As I see both sides. That is why I was saying it is apple VS apple and the only way is to find a place some where near the middle. Don't expect to kids to be super quiet and not running around, but also don't let kids scream as loud as they can or dodge around others.

A common sense answer, amazing.

Incredible how some people will make up extreme and absurd arguments to try to make a point, isn't it?