Coloring Your World With a Cruise and a Camera

rjgdjg

A spot on a cruise deck, the photo-taking device of your choice and some very good timing are all that are needed to take some spectacular shots. Visit https://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com for tips on tracking and capturing sunsets.

Appreciate your nice pictures, postings and details from your Celebrity sailing in the Caribbean. Glad that you loved Willemstad, Curaçao. Great, interesting location in the famed A, B, C islands. We visited the ABC's, San Juan, etc., as detailed on my live/blog below, a year and a half ago. Great, scenic areas!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 41,151 views for these postings.

My dear Diana...

I have just finished reading the first page of your musingaboutcruising blog spot which I find very entertaining and informative. I had also saved some links from that first page...

I am a photographer too and I had booked for hubby and my first cruise recently with Carnival Conquest for our 10th wedding anniversary. He is an airplane person from the time he turned 6 years of age and I can't remember when I never have my camera from way back when I can understand anything about life itself. In short, our worlds are so far apart that everyday I will send him to his hangar to fiddle with his airplane while I stay at home or take a walk or a trip nearby to do my shoots but make sure I am back at 4pm to tackle dinner. You see we are both retired from our jobs. Read this are semi-retired instead...:rolleyes: :D

Reading about your musing is so inspiring...thank you so much. Rest assure that I will be reading some more of your old posts.

Aussie Trekker (Izzie)

Loved your post. How true about the sun sets/ raise. I love to get up early to catch the sun coming up, in the evening I like to stand out on deck and try to catch the green flash as the sun sets. On our last cruise I saw it three times but try as I may I couldn't get a picture of it. Wandering the decks at night is another great time to get photos of the ship.

Allan

I enjoyed your shots and suggestions. I have a suggestion, too, although I can't find any good examples of it in my 'archives.' (Note to self: keep working on keywording!) When you find a good sunset, try taking shots with different white balance settings. Some settings will bring out the blues, others emphasize oranges. If you typically shoot in RAW, and post process, this won't be a big deal, but if you do mainly jpegs, you might be amazed at what you see!

DSC04164%208x10-L.jpg

Pink%20Trees-L.jpg

Sunset%20grasses-L.jpg

Trekker 2016--thank you very much for your kind words! I put so much thought and time into the little postings, so it's great to know someone reads them. How lucky for you that you're semi-retired! Alas, I'm still working full time, but at least it pays for all our cruises (two a year!). Do you share your photos on this site? - Diana Greenburg, aka Musing About Cruising

Trekker 2016--thank you very much for your kind words! I put so much thought and time into the little postings, so it's great to know someone reads them. How lucky for you that you're semi-retired! Alas, I'm still working full time, but at least it pays for all our cruises (two a year!). Do you share your photos on this site? - Diana Greenburg, aka Musing About Cruising

I am still trying to retire, Diana.. :(:( My money pays for my GAS :D

No I haven't share any of my photos here ... yet. But I belong to a photo group called Cambridge in Color where we teach, critique and comment on each others' images. My photos are more journalistic in style. I like putting my feelings to words accompanied by images. Sometimes my images need not have any wordings to them because I make sure it tells a story by itself...but seldom. A National Geographic photographer once said that spray and pray doesn't always work. Taking time to think of a theme even before going out of the house does. Anyway, I am for most times the clown of our group.:D

Thanks again for your articles...I enjoyed them all.

Take care,

Izzie

I enjoyed your shots and suggestions. I have a suggestion, too, although I can't find any good examples of it in my 'archives.' (Note to self: keep working on keywording!) When you find a good sunset, try taking shots with different white balance settings. Some settings will bring out the blues, others emphasize oranges. If you typically shoot in RAW, and post process, this won't be a big deal, but if you do mainly jpegs, you might be amazed at what you see!

DSC04164%208x10-L.jpg

Pink%20Trees-L.jpg

Sunset%20grasses-L.jpg

What a wonderful tip...easily done after post too while in Camera Raw. Thanks for this.

Cheers.