changing cabins on a b2b

nancydow

Has anyone had to change cabins on a back-to-back cruise? Do they assist you with luggage or do you have to move it all yourself? And when does this happen? I assume I can't just stroll out of one cabin at 9 am and drag my luggage into another?

And before you ask, I can't really change it so I stay in one cabin for the two cruises. I booked a studio for the second cruise initially (part of a group booking) and then decided to add the first cruise as a CAS comp (Oceanview). I briefly considered just moving to an Inside so I could stay in the same place, but I am looking forward to checking out the studio and also like the space and light of an Oceanview.

Thanks in advance!

~ Nancy : )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will have to pack your luggage as if you were a "walk off" with luggage and then leave it in your room. The steward will see that it gets to your new room.

You will need to get a new room key at some point, early on in the cruise check with Guest Services to find out when. It will depend on what you intend to do on the debark/embark day and whether the ship has to be "clean".

Yes you pack and put the new labels on. They will deliver luggage to your new room. They also deliver an envelope with luggage labels and a letter with information on what to do. You get your new key card at guest services once you leave your old cabin that morning. You will also get an 'in transit' sticker so you don't have to go through the new check in process.

You will have to pack your luggage as if you were a "walk off" with luggage and then leave it in your room. The steward will see that it gets to your new room.

You will need to get a new room key at some point, early on in the cruise check with Guest Services to find out when. It will depend on what you intend to do on the debark/embark day and whether the ship has to be "clean".

It will depend on what you intend to do on the debark/embark day and whether the ship has to be "clean".

By "Clean" that may include passing Customs Immigration control.

Check with Guest Relations for your new room key and other details.

Normally everyone has to leave the ship and you will be given prompt access

back on before the embarking customers at the B2B port - but you may have

to wait for your new cabin to be ready - you can also stay ashore and partake

of the shore excursions offered or just do touristy things at the port.

Enjoy the leisure time not having to go through the initial check in and

waiting to get on board and the mad mayhem.

Once back on board the MDR and Buffet will be available as your waiting area

as well as other areas. As stated your baggage and personal gear will be taken

by your cabin steward to your new cabin.

The procedure is not all that unpleasant since you don't have to haul your

personal gear and baggage on and off the ship - only packing and unpacking

from one stateroom to another.

Hope your new cabin assignment is better and more fulfilling to your cruising needs !