Not your typical beach day excursion.

Cruz77

I'm looking for an Excursion in st. Thomas / st. John for my family. My kids are 12,9,9 I was hoping for something different then swimming at a beach or shopping. I prefer outside vendors. You would rather not book a cruise ship Excursion. Any insight would be much appreciated.

This February we used Island Buddy, http://www.islandbuddy.net/

They will take you around the island in Jeep Wranglers and will customize the day just for you. Duncan the owner is great.

This past February, we used them and hit a couple of snorkeling spots and then he took us to this restaurant/bar/ private beach that you can only access via off-roading or by boat. It was a great day. On the way back to the ship we stop at some lookouts. I just contacted Duncan about our upcoming cruise and we are talking about doing something on St. John this time around.

Here are some pictures from our day. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49392724&postcount=16

I'm also interested in some sort of land tour that includes a beach stop but don't need a whole day at the beach, so I'm interested in suggestions you get back. Loved Nightwind last time so if you want to be on the water, it's a great option.

We did sailing last time and have water based plans in Tortola so I'm looking to stay on land in St Thomas. Teens will be able to catch up w friends bc cell phones should work like US. I like the jeep tour suggestion but I'm not sure it would accomidate 6 well and I have some safety concerns about traffic.

Godfrey reviews are mostly good but when miss, misses big. I think I'd like something along those lines but that doesn't allow for time to port shop before tour. We are there w big ships and get in at 8. I'd like to be driving away from port by 9 to beat the crowds of Harmony arrival at 10.

Sorry to hijack but was about to start a thread and thought maybe I could just add on....and gave some details in case anyone has specific timing advice. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums