Book excursions online or on ship?

RandomUser123

My wife and I and our 2 year old son are doing a 7 day cruise on Carnival Pride on October 16th out of Baltimore to the Bahamas. In terms of excursions is it recommended to book them online or can we wait till we get on the ship to book them. All we are looking for is just to go to the beaches, nothing else.

My wife and I and our 2 year old son are doing a 7 day cruise on Carnival Pride on October 16th out of Baltimore to the Bahamas. In terms of excursions is it recommended to book them online or can we wait till we get on the ship to book them. All we are looking for is just to go to the beaches, nothing else.

If you just want to go to the beach, there's no need to pay for excursions. You can just take a cab, bus, walk, etc.

Edited by 6rugrats

In the vast majority of situations you may find that googling the port stops will give you an alternative. Cruise ships will often double, triple, quadruple or even more the local cost of getting there. I remember one time we booked tickets for a glass bottom boat trip. It was a 15 minute walk from the ship. Those who booked with the cruise got a 5 minute coach trip - we walked for 15 minutes and we paid one third of the price and were on the exact same tour. Ridiculous!

Anyway, cruise ships do not usually discount the price of excursions whether booked in advance or on the ship - however popular excursions may sell out quickly, or excursions set at multiple times may sell out more popular times. If it is something like a beach transfer, if they get full they will most likely just hire another coach so you are pretty safe to book anything that is not small-numbers on board if you decide to do an official tour. If it was something like a dolphin tour on a boat with a limited capacity then I would book in advance.

Edited by Cruise_Christy