New to Celebrity and need help with guidelines on what is allowed when a price drops

Travel Pat

I just booked us on the Nov 5 Western Reflection...I think we got a decent deal. Booked a verandah guaranty category with the go big and 5 day extra sale promotions getting us a total of $400 OBC plus the classic beverage package for $1,099 pp. They required that I pay in full today because I'm guessing the final payment date has passed. If I find the price drops at some point, or a higher category is offered for what I paid or less, what changes does Celebrity allow if any? This has happened to me before on Princess and they would not allow any changes or credits.

Thanks for your help! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you are after final payment Celebrity will not adjust your fare if the price drops. What you can do in that situation is check to see if there is a higher category for slightly more money (even a $1) and you can pay the difference and move up.

Sometimes you can get a nice 1A cabin they have larger balconies or maybe get a good price to upgrade to Conceigre.

I just booked us on the Nov 5 Western Reflection...I think we got a decent deal. Booked a verandah guaranty category with the go big and 5 day extra sale promotions getting us a total of $400 OBC plus the classic beverage package for $1,099 pp. They required that I pay in full today because I'm guessing the final payment date has passed. If I find the price drops at some point, or a higher category is offered for what I paid or less, what changes does Celebrity allow if any? This has happened to me before on Princess and they would not allow any changes or credits.

Thanks for your help! [emoji3]

If you are after final payment, you can no longer get price drops on your assigned cabin, but you can still upgrade and take advantage of price drops on higher category cabins.

So if you see a higher level cabin at an appealing price, you only need to pick up the phone to call Celebrity and very easily upgrade your cabin by paying the price difference, as long as the price of the new cabin is at least $1 more than you paid for your current cabin.

If you want to do that, check what will happen to your perks as you may or may not lose them, or you could get better or worse perks with the new cabin, or none at all.

If you booked with a travel agent, you cannot request any changes by calling Celebrity but must instead ask your travel agent to request them for you.

I just upgraded today on the Nov 5 Reflection from a Veranda to an AQ Guarantee for very little extra because right now the AQ includes all 4 Perks and the Premium Bev Pkg which we always upgrade to anyway. AQ is our cabin category of choice. Here's hoping we get a good cabin! (First time doing a guarantee on X)

Booked cruise to Spain/Portugal Sept.20-Oct.3. Paid completely prior to deadline. This past week our Concierge Cabin dropped $1400. Captain's Club said nothing can be done after final payment. Asked about OBC but still a no go. Am I wrong to feel cheated?

Booked cruise to Spain/Portugal Sept.20-Oct.3. Paid completely prior to deadline. This past week our Concierge Cabin dropped $1400. Captain's Club said nothing can be done after final payment. Asked about OBC but still a no go. Am I wrong to feel cheated?

You are certainly entitled to feel disappointed that you missed out on a great sale; but you should definitely not feel cheated.

You paid what you were willing to pay for what you wanted at the time; with the understanding that if later the price increased you would have had a bargain and if after final payment the price decreased you would have missed out on a bargain, but still have had the advantage of selecting the cabin of your choice which might no longer be available.

Enjoy the cruise without worrying about what could have been.

Larry

I just upgraded today on the Nov 5 Reflection from a Veranda to an AQ Guarantee for very little extra because right now the AQ includes all 4 Perks and the Premium Bev Pkg which we always upgrade to anyway. AQ is our cabin category of choice. Here's hoping we get a good cabin! (First time doing a guarantee on X)

Champagne Cruiser - Did you get a cabin assignment yet? We did! I'm happy .... we were assigned a 2C, so a one category upgrade. We are in 6503, the last aft cabin, but it looks like it has a very large balcony! I tend to choose cabins way in the aft anyway because of less foot traffic and it makes me walk off some of my overindulgence! I'll still keep my eye on prices though until we sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums