Chase sapphire travel insurance

esper10

I had to cancel a cruise this week due to sickness. I paid with my chase sapphire credit card. I did not have insurance on my trip since I know I have insurance with my credit card. Any of you had to cancel a cruise and had to get the money from the chase credit card insurance? They have Broadspire for the insurance. I have all the documents they need. I will also post this post in celebrity area to get more people's ideas. Thanks

I had to cancel a cruise this week due to sickness. I paid with my chase sapphire credit card. I did not have insurance on my trip since I know I have insurance with my credit card. Any of you had to cancel a cruise and had to get the money from the chase credit card insurance? They have Broadspire for the insurance. I have all the documents they need. I will also post this post in celebrity area to get more people's ideas. Thanks

What does it cover? We have the Chase Marriott Signature that also has insurance coverage but I do not think it covers medical or trip cancellation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same Sapphire Card and would like to know what you find out.

I'm about to find out how good my Citi credit card's travel insurance is. I had to cancel my cruise for this week. I did have insurance, so Citi will only have to cover the uninsured portion--a few hundred dollars instead of a few thousand. Right now, though, I'm thinking more about recovery of my health than of money. I'm waiting on my doctor to write a letter that I'll be sending along with the forms.

I have the Chase Sapphire card and had to cancel a cruise last year for medical reasons. Broadspire paid the non-refundable portion of the cruise as well as the fee Alaska airlines would charge to change the flights. I was happy with the process and the time it took to get processed.

We've always bought supplemental insurance for our cruises and we've has Amex Platinum 30+ years. Credit card insurance is good, certainly better than nothing, but it can't compare with dedicated travel insurance.

We don't leave our home country (Cue: Kate Smith, "God Bless America.") without supplemental coverage.

If you are going to rely on your credit card's coverage, please contact them ahead of time and determine where your coverage boundaries lie.

I too have Chase Sapphire Preferred and would NEVER travel without it. I have used the insurance 3 times...

1) Mom died and I had to cancel cruise. They refunded entire amount not refunded by cruise line.

2) I missed a flight once because of a weather delay and had to book a new flight. They did not cover new flight but gave complete refund of the missed flight.

3) I had pre-booked and pre-paid a shore excursion, cruise line cancel port due to weather, they refunded entire amount not refunded by shore excursion company.

I LOVE my Chase!!

Yes there is a $95 annual fee . What the flexibility that it gives me to move points to airlines, hotels, buy gift cards and such is so worth it. the benefits that I have already received from it are wonderful.

It also gives you car rental insurance an extra one year warranty on purchases.

Google the card they often have sign on bonuses of 50,000 miles.

I do pay the fee of 95.00 I never used the insurance. I always bought extra insurance but once I booked with the points I had with the card and there travel agen told me that I already have insurance so why buy more? Soon I will find out if it is good and how well it works. My none refundable cruise and air is about 4,200.00

Does this card have an annual fee? Is it part of any rewards programs? I have a Chase card associated with an airline that I get miles for but it doesn't have travel insurance.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

If your CARD IS THE CHASE VISA UNITED MILEAGE PLUS YOU DO HAVE TRIP CANCELLATION, TRIP INTERRUPTION AND A FEW OTHER INS COVERAGES BUT NO MEDICAL INS. WE HAVE THE SAME CARD.

If your CARD IS THE CHASE VISA UNITED MILEAGE PLUS YOU DO HAVE TRIP CANCELLATION, TRIP INTERRUPTION AND A FEW OTHER INS COVERAGES BUT NO MEDICAL INS. WE HAVE THE SAME CARD.

I have the Southwest Chase Visa. I called Chase to see if this card gave me any trip insurance. They said no.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The preferred sapphire lets you transfer points 1:1 United mileage plus accounts free of charge. It does the same for several other airlines also. For the other airlines that you can't do this for simply purchase the ticket and then ask for a statement credit using your Chase points.

There is also no international transaction fee.

Chase Sapphire is lucrative for point accumulation. Double and triple points for travel and leisure expenses and we've run almost everything through this card. Their point value is very good when you redeem for airline tickets. Their booking web site is user friendly and quickly calculates the cost for cash and point purchases.

I forget about the insurance benefits and should have filed for a few low dollar situations.

We switch cards every few years and we are now looking at a 6 per cent cash back card recommended by our business oriented kids.

I filed with Chase with our United Card. It was through Broadspire. I was able to get my nonrefundable expenses back. I was very pleased. Remember, the card (including Sapphire) does not cover pre-existing conditions. I booked another trip and took out separate insurance on it as I wanted the pre-existing coverage.

This is going to be a GREAT card. I've been waiting of the opening. What great benefits!

I think the fee is $450.00 per year. If you travel Often than may be it is good. I pay $95.00 It would be a good idea to compare the two. I will do that once I'm done with this trip cancellation process and medically I will fell better. I'm happy to see the positive experience few of you had with the reimbursement. This is what I wanted to know to begin with.

It does cover for medical. I have not send the forms yet including doctor portion. I read review about them and it was not good this why I'm asking.

I think you are asking the wrong people. Why don't you send your forms in and find out? You may find that your experience with the insurance carrier is opposite from those of the reviewers. Regardless of other people's experiences, you still need to send in the forms. Then, come back and report so we can all be forearmed (or forewarned).

I had looked at Chase Sapphire and talked to Chase, and it does cover medical, as you have noted. But I was looking for cancellation for any reason, and that it does not cover. Will look forward to hearing your report.

When we had a problem, I just called the chase number on the back of the card, told them the problem and was connected to the correct dept. Everything went like clockwork, but you need to call ASAP. I believe for some things you must call within 48 hours to start the process.

The new Chase Sapphire Reserve card just came out last week, it appears to cover Medical and Trip Interruption and Cancellation plus many other nice features. Annual fee is $450 but with some if the perks most of the cost is recouped each year? Gotta check this out. This card may compete with other Travel Ins Co's.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about to find out how good my Citi credit card's travel insurance is. I had to cancel my cruise for this week. I did have insurance, so Citi will only have to cover the uninsured portion--a few hundred dollars instead of a few thousand. Right now, though, I'm thinking more about recovery of my health than of money. I'm waiting on my doctor to write a letter that I'll be sending along with the forms.

Our citi card cancellation insurance is limited to $5K. The chase card has $10K so I signed up today. No more paying for extra trip cancellation insurance since we rarely spend over $10k per cruise. That is a big savings!

Our citi card cancellation insurance is limited to $5K. The chase card has $10K so I signed up today. No more paying for extra trip cancellation insurance since we rarely spend over $10k per cruise. That is a big savings!

Is this cancellation for any reason or only for medical? When I called Chase Freedom, it was only for medical. HAL's Cancellation plans are the only ones that I know have the cancellation for any reason.