Closing HMC??? Tell me it isn't so.

dulcimergirl

That's GSC. It sounds like they're making great improvements. I love love love GSC, have been there for times. They always seem to be going work. This is a good thing overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norwegian actually sold HMC to Holland America, which of course was acquired by Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Source?

I think you may be confused / may have heard wrong. NCL did not own HMC. HAL bought Little San Salvador Island (HMC) from a group of several Bahamian owners.

http://www.funashore.com/history-halfmooncay/

ETA: OK, I see a mention of NCL owing it on Wiki, but as we all know, Wiki is not exactly a reliable source. I'll have to look into this deeper...

E(again)T(further)A: It seems that all mentions of it being previously owned by NCL are just examples of repetition of the same blurb as on Wikipedia. I don't know how to find the truth of the matter, but I am curious. Does anybody know for certain if NCL ever owned HMC?

Edited by ShakyBeef

http://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-closing-great-stirrup-cay-two-months/

and Little Stirrup Cay is HMC

this from Cruise radio... I am in shock

OK, I've figured it out. It is Coco Cay, NOT HMC.. All is well in my world. Never mind, my bad. I panicked..

The title has a clue ...

Norwegian Temporarily Closing Private Island

Edited by Cuizer2

Trying not to be so rude but gosh, read the article carefully before posting something like this. The article clearly states NORWEGIAN and Stirrup Cay, nowhere does it even say the words Carnival or Half Moon.

You are absolutely right. I panicked. I will make sure not to in the future. I have been so looking forward to this cruise, I didn't want anything to mess up. If I could delete this whole thread I would. sorry again, and again, and again.

You are absolutely right. I panicked. I will make sure not to in the future. I have been so looking forward to this cruise, I didn't want anything to mess up. If I could delete this whole thread I would. sorry again, and again, and again.

Don't worry! It's not like we're curing cancer here. It's a cruise message board, we love talking about cruises. It's ok! And it's interesting- I would not have known about GSC if you hadn't posted it.