RCI Guarantee cabins

We have just recently booked 3 oceanview guarantee cabins (family & friends) on Explorer of the Seas in March 2017.

We have done 2 RCI cruises before, but this is the first time time we have gone "guarantee".

We got a great price (I think), but I'm a little nervous about where we're going to end up...

Can anyone put my mind at ease?šŸ™„

Thank you.

Edited by radiancecruiser

We have just recently booked 4 oceanview guarantee cabins (family & friends) on Explorer of the Seas in March 2017.

We have done 2 RCI cruises before, but this is the first time time we have gone "guarantee".

We got a great price (I think), but I'm a little nervous about where we're going to end up...

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Thank you.

Ā 

That's the thing about a guarantee cabin, you can literally wind up anywhere on the ship at the category you booked or better.

Ā 

Don't expect to all be together. It could happen but it probably won't.

Ā 

I have booked many guarantee cabins on different ships. Mostly the cabins are all the same. I can walk a few extra steps to get where I'm going - It doesn't matter where my cabin is. Guarantee cabins are often excellent value.

Ā 

Really - How bad could it be wherever you end up - You're on a cruise !

Edited by jasmith52

That's the thing about a guarantee cabin, you can literally wind up anywhere on the ship at the category you booked or better.

Ā 

Don't expect to all be together. It could happen but it probably won't.

Ā 

I have booked many guarantee cabins on different ships. Mostly the cabins are all the same. I can walk a few extra steps to get where I'm going - It doesn't matter where my cabin is. Guarantee cabins are often excellent value.

Ā 

Really - How bad could it be wherever you end up - You're on a cruise !

Ā 

Have you ever ended up in a noisy awful position? Or have I just read too many negative articles/comments on this sort of thing?šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Have you ever ended up in a noisy awful position?

Ā 

I did get placed once in the "Cruel" cabin. I haven't been the same since ! I now have this really odd sense of humor !

Ā 

But really, would you know how to pick a quiet cabin ? From looking at the deck layout how do you know a pump or an anchor wench or the bow or stern thrusters aren't close ?

Ā 

Sometimes ships can make noise.

Ā 

My one piece of advice... Avoid being below where they tap dance !

Ā 

Again - How bad could it be wherever you end up - You're on a cruise !

Edited by jasmith52

We have just recently booked 3 oceanview guarantee cabins (family & friends) on Explorer of the Seas in March 2017.

Can anyone put my mind at ease?šŸ™„

Thank you.

Ā 

If you're happy to be anywhere on the ship in at least and OV you will be fine.

Ā 

Not likely you will be all together, but it does happen. But then I'm not sure I'd want to be all together if travelling with a group.

Thank you

Ā 

What's a "cruel" cabin? And do upgrades often get offered?

Ā 

A cruel cabin is beyond discretion. You'll know what I mean soon enough !

Ā 

The cruise-line considers putting you in the same class room one floor up or closer to center-ship to be an upgrade. It is unlikely that you'll end up in a balcony from a ocean-view guarantee. Sometimes the cruise-line tries to sell (up-sell) you a balcony room for extra money.

Edited by jasmith52

Can I expect these to remain definite? Or is there a possibility that they may change between now and the cruise?

Ā 

You can probably expect those to be your cabins. However there is a small chance that you will be reassigned different cabins.

Ā 

How do you feel about where they put you ?

So I have just logged in to our reservations on the RCI website, and noticed that we have already been assigned cabin numbers. Can I expect these to remain definite? Or is there a possibility that they may change between now and the cruise?

Ā 

Most likely not going to change however, if you don't like it call them and ask for an alternate in the same category. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Most likely not going to change however, if you don't like it call them and ask for an alternate in the same category. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Ā 

In the US, once a guarantee room has been allocated, you can call and change it to any other available room in the same category. Does this not happen in Australia?

In the US, once a guarantee room has been allocated, you can call and change it to any other available room in the same category. Does this not happen in Australia?

Ā 

I'm not sure, I haven't actually tried....

The deck and position doesn't worry me. In fact, I think that midship on Deck 2 is a great place to be. We have been there twice on Rhapsody and loved it.

But Rhapsody doesn't have an ice rink, and it's the potential noise from being near the rink that concerns me.

However, I asked on the Royal Caribbean forum about this, and somebody said that they had been there before, and couldn't remember there being any noise.

So I'm thinking we might just stay where we are....šŸ¤”

I'm not sure, I haven't actually tried....

The deck and position doesn't worry me. In fact, I think that midship on Deck 2 is a great place to be. We have been there twice on Rhapsody and loved it.

But Rhapsody doesn't have an ice rink, and it's the potential noise from being near the rink that concerns me.

However, I asked on the Royal Caribbean forum about this, and somebody said that they had been there before, and couldn't remember there being any noise.

So I'm thinking we might just stay where we are....

Ā 

The only noisy thing that may be an issue is the Zamboni. I cannot imagine that being used except for before a skating session or show.:D