What's the deal with the Dox?

Aussie Cruisers

Our TA just gave us our dox for X and I am a bit confused. Aparently as we are at the bottom of the earth here in Oz, Celebrity can't mail our dox to us (we paid in full at the start of September as is the requirement for us down here :) ) so instead we had a printout of some great information and a flimsy baggage tag print out which will be lucky to last the first five minutes. It is quite funny. Our Ta was so embarrassed that she found a nice folder laying around to put our dox in.

Is this normal?

Anyway, we are looking forward to getting on board as we know that the trip will be awesome! See you there in the Infinity 8th January!! :D

Mark.

Hi,:) many folks just use on-line docs now. Fill everything out, print it

and that is all you need.

(Besides your passport of course;) )

Some Travel Agencies are not getting the binder that Celebrity used to

supply.

As for luggage tags, I got the regular ones for my last sailing. Where

the ends stick together around the luggage handle. I think you can

get them at the pier if they weren't sent to you.

Enjoy your cruise:)

We have two cabins for an upcoming trans on Millie. Our TA gave us a choice, and DH and I opted for edocs, which are exactly what you've described. My Mom (in the other cabin) elected to get her docs the old fashioned way. She received the usual binder with luggage tags. Our TA tells us that Celebrity is moving towards "all e" and eventually the binders and tags will be a thing of the past. Who knows, maybe they will still offer them for a fee in the same way that airlines do.

Lois is right about the luggage tags, we were told they would be at the pier for us when we arrive.

Have a wonderful cruise! I just love Infinity.

Amy

No, there is no price difference. It's also depending where you're living. I live in Luxembourg (Europe) and for us it's only possible to receive the E-Docs from Celebrity over our travel agent. But we also receive the luggage tags with them. With other cruise lines like Costa we receive usual binders here. I think that the E-Docs looks a little bit shabby for a 5 star cruiseline. We also have to download the shore excursion brochure, it's impossible for us to receive one from Celebrity. But they dont't have problems to receive our money, that always works :D .

I whish you a wonderful cruise.

Thanks Lois, Amy and Norbert,

Thanks for letting me know what has been happening. We will already have luggage tags so that is not a huge issue for us. Thanks also for saying that Infinity is a great ship - we are very excited! And Lois - I am glad that you could chat with a friend, no worries about getting off the topic!

See you all on the water - one day.

Mark. :p

Lois - we did fine here from Wilma. Early on, it was predicted to come up this way, but we were eventually convinced it would stay south. We got more wind from the cold front that slammed into Wilma and pushed it southward. Lost a tree at the end of the street and a big limb onto our garage. Jax looked okay too - did you guys have bad weather from the rain bands? My girlfriend in the Melbourne area got pounded.

AM3 - I actually used two different TA's for our cruise. I was surfing around with no real plan (like we all do) and saw an unbelievable price for our TA on one of those big online websites. My finger snaked out and pressed "book it" before I knew what was happening. They were the ones that offered me the choice of edocs or traditional. When we booked the cabin for Mom & Sis, we called our usual TA, who was able to match the price. He sent out the traditional docs, but told me that Celebrity is working towards going all electronic. The traditional didn't cost more - that is just my wild speculation based on how the airlines slowly transitioned all their customers. First, a choice, and then when everyone became comfortable with the e system, a charge for paper.

Arubalisa - I don't know anything about cruiseline air, I've never used it. Although, considering everything that goes on these days with storms closing airports, strikes in Europe, etc., I may start.

Amy

Amy, one reply to your question and then I will stay on topic again..

I promise:)

We got wind too....and our temps dropped abnormally for Oct. This

week it was in the low 40s in the mornings:eek:. Oct is usually really

warm up here. But today is supposed to be nice.

Hopefully Beta will STAY AWAY from all of us!

As to Edocs.....I think your original statement was on target. Eventually

it will ALL be Edocs.

so instead we had a printout of some great information and a flimsy baggage tag print out which will be lucky to last the first five minutes.

Mark.

I just got the regular Celebrity book for our Dec MR on Mercury. It is my practice to run the bag tags though my color copier and then cover them with the clear packing tape. They are hard to tell from the origional.

You might try using the packing tape to make your plain paper ones like they had been laminated. This will make them strong and they should last ten minutes.

I have never used eight bag tags and if I do I should be shot. Over packing is the hazard of living in the departure port.

I am a travel agent and thought I would share some insight regarding e-docs. Celebrity (and RCL) have gone to using only edocs UNLESS the TA requests the customary paper docs. As long as the sailing is more than 21 days out from my request, I can get the paper docs at no additional cost. Some agencies don't have that option (from my understanding)...they can only get edocs. The edocs are very easy and there isn't the risk of getting lost in the mail.

Hope that helps.

Patty

and our docs shows a month before the cruise. No air tix in it, as that is with the airline via E-ticket so you call them to make seat arrangements better than "X" chose (last seats).

For all of you Celebrity veterans. . . if using cruise line air, how many days out before the cruise should we expect to receive our documents?

I just got the regular Celebrity book for our Dec MR on Mercury. It is my practice to run the bag tags though my color copier and then cover them with the clear packing tape. They are hard to tell from the origional.

You might try using the packing tape to make your plain paper ones like they had been laminated. This will make them strong and they should last ten minutes.

I have never used eight bag tags and if I do I should be shot. Over packing is the hazard of living in the departure port.

Thanks for your idea Jukeboxy. This sounds like the best idea. Since Katy and I will be travelling for eight weeks before we land in FL for the cruise, if we "accidentally" leave the bag printout at home, will they have something for us when checking in at the port? The TA said they would have everything there at the port - but just want to confirm it.

Thanks for the info everyone, see you soon I hope!

Mark.

:rolleyes:

I wonder if you can do Xpress Pass from downunder. I was able to print out a boarding sheet once final payment was made. At this point I dont care about any docs as I know I can get luggage tags at the pier. With everything in your travel folio, be sure you have several copies of the important information pages of your passports. I am almost sure Celebrity will collect yours and any non-US passengers. We leave ours in our safe in our stateroom and just carry a copy off the ship just "in case". Can't wait to meet ya.

I wonder if you can do Xpress Pass from downunder. I was able to print out a boarding sheet once final payment was made. At this point I dont care about any docs as I know I can get luggage tags at the pier. With everything in your travel folio, be sure you have several copies of the important information pages of your passports. I am almost sure Celebrity will collect yours and any non-US passengers. We leave ours in our safe in our stateroom and just carry a copy off the ship just "in case". Can't wait to meet ya.

Hey mate,

Yes I think you can do express dox but I was having problems with the website so I just gave up. Regarding passports, sice we are non US citizens we needed to give copies of our passports back in July so they could get them in time for all the security checks etc. We do have multiple copies of our passports, tickets, documents etc. so thanks for the tip. Katy and I are FULLY excited too, we actually leave in TEN DAYS! The cruise seems a lot sooner for us as we leave here so soon. The problem I have is that we will be pretty low on clothes and we are both clothes horses here in "real life." Oh well, we will hopefully pick up some great buys in the post Chrissy sales in NYC.

See you soon mate!

Mark.

G'day Mark,

Our last three cruises have all been paper tickets, just like you describe. I can assure you it all works just fine. When you first arrive for embarkation there will be a guy wanting to take your bags and a tip. You need to copy the luggage tag numbers etc from your paper docs to a proper luggage tag that the guy will provide.....Have a great cruise :D

Alan

Reading this I am not happy about being edocs. My last cruise everyone at the airport saw my cruise baggage tags and tried to get my luggage to me because of this. Makes the luggage much easier to find. : )

Archived