Sorry.. Cheers question... Cheers and GC

Blitzburggirl

IF I put a gift card on my S&S account, then don't use it, how do they refund it to me? Anyone know? I read about someone who put their gift card on their S&S and didn't spend it, then they used the refund to pay off their credit card. Anyone done this?

We put a $100 gift card on our account last cruise and ended up with $60 something dollars left. We just went to guest services the night before debarkation and they refunded it to us in cash. Not sure about paying off credit card.

We put a $100 gift card on our account last cruise and ended up with $60 something dollars left. We just went to guest services the night before debarkation and they refunded it to us in cash. Not sure about paying off credit card.

Oh, sorry I wasn't clear, I would take the cash or whatever refund home and put it in my bank, THEN pay off whatever credit card I used to prepay for the CHEERS! package. I just wanted to know how they would refund me if I used a gift card. Of course, if I put the gift card onto my S&S, chances are I'd find something so spend it on. Hehe! ;)

• 2 months later...

I just now checked and discovered if you are purchasing the cheers program online pre cruise you now can use gift cards as a form of payment! I couldn't get the system to work using firefox browser, so I opened up IE and went through the motions like I was going to purchase Cheers and walla, just like magic, option appeared to "use gift card"!!! :D

I didn't continue yet because I'm waiting on gift cards to come in the mail, but I wanted to post this experience. I know it's been a real issue for some to pay once on board using gift cards and receiving the pre cruise discounted price. Happy cruising everyone!!!

• 3 months later...
I just now checked and discovered if you are purchasing the cheers program online pre cruise you now can use gift cards as a form of payment! I couldn't get the system to work using firefox browser, so I opened up IE and went through the motions like I was going to purchase Cheers and walla, just like magic, option appeared to "use gift card"!!! :D

I didn't continue yet because I'm waiting on gift cards to come in the mail, but I wanted to post this experience. I know it's been a real issue for some to pay once on board using gift cards and receiving the pre cruise discounted price. Happy cruising everyone!!!

Were you able to purchase the package with the gift cards?? Were you able to use more than one gift card?

Were you able to purchase the package with the gift cards?? Were you able to use more than one gift card?

You sure can- when you get to the payment screen there is the option to click "use carnival gift card". Put your gift card # and PIN # in, and it will deduct the amount of gift card from your balance. Then click "use another gift card" and repeat.:)

I used a $500 and 3 $100 cards to pay for Cheers for my August cruise- very quick and easy.:cool:

yes, yes, yes, you can use gift cards to pay for Cheers, I used AARP gift cards, same difference.

I did the same thing on the Breeze last year.

I had AARP gift cards and immediately upon boarding I went to GS, gave them my gift cards to apply for OBC.

I then went and purchased the Cheers packages. Instead of waiting there was no line for GS and was happy I did it immediately and had it all done before they started getting crazy with everyone boarding or during the week. Enjoy!

Please allow me to elaborate in the words you want:

It worked. I boarded the ship and paid for my Cheers package with gift cards. They honored the pre purchase price.

Hallelujah! A direct answer to a direct question! Thanks, because I didn't want to read through 5,146,324,426 comments that didn't pertain to the question haha.