Sorry.. Cheers question... Cheers and GC

Blitzburggirl

thank you for that faithfulraider. sorry for the trouble you went thru, but appreciate you getting back and letting us all know how you made out. would you mind posting that screen shot for me. i am not on the social media website and tried to find that info on the internet, without sucess. i think i would like to try to get the reduced price onboard, if for nothing else than principle. i too was told we could, but carnival rep said they couldn't put it in writing for me. TIA

since we aren't allowed to talk about that social media page, if you want to email me ill send you the screenshot myself!

or give me your email and I can send it straight to you

Edited by amberry

since we aren't allowed to talk about that social media page, if you want to email me ill send you the screenshot myself!

or give me your email and I can send it straight to you

Do you know why that is? What is the issue with mentioning Facebook, Snapchat, MySpace, or any other site?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

It would be good to know if a person could bring the gift cards to the desk and get the early discount rate for cheers there have been so many posts and nothing definite on this I have the screen shot of JH who says it's ok but I don[t really trust that as I don't think he has a clue and no one would honor that. It would be really nice to know what the real story is so we can really plan and be sure. Does any one really know the real answer. Thank you so much.

• 2 months later...

I would also love a copy of that screenshot if anyone would be able to provide it. Sadly, I have a $500 Carnvial gift card that I saved specifically to purchase CHEERS! package -- and just figured out that I am unable to use it online. :(

teri@olympus.net

I would be eternally grateful.

I would also love a copy of that screenshot if anyone would be able to provide it. Sadly, I have a $500 Carnvial gift card that I saved specifically to purchase CHEERS! package -- and just figured out that I am unable to use it online. :(

teri@olympus.net

I would be eternally grateful.

Sent to your email.

Can you make it a little bit bigger? :D LOL! Just kidding. Thanks again for this. Much appreciated.

Lol. Sorry about not posting earlier. I knew people posted pics straight to the boards before and they showed up as thumbnails. I had no idea the app would actually post the pictures. Hope it helps someone get the Cheers for the prepaid price.

We go on the Vista Dec. 11th and was thinking about getting Cheers, but have since figured it wouldn't be worth it for us since it is a 5 day cruise and we have two port days that we will be off the ship.

We may try it in April on the Fantasy.

If you try it let us know your experience. Other people have posted that they were able to get it with a little hassle of chasing down the right people. I have also heard that you have to have enough gift cards to cover the total cost of Cheers in order to get it at prepay price.

Happy cruising!!

Maybe you can see this?

Perfect, thanks so much !! I copied a screenshot of your screenshot. :)

Here is a screenshot of a letter from Carnival stating the same. See post #28 in this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2387580

Here is the link to the letter from that post https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3wh5C4THiAqZWRxU25GazlvTFk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3wh5C4THiAqZWRxU25GazlvTFk/view

Sorry, I'm on the iPad so I can't attach the pic.

Edited by angela12345

If you try it let us know your experience. Other people have posted that they were able to get it with a little hassle of chasing down the right people. I have also heard that you have to have enough gift cards to cover the total cost of Cheers in order to get it at prepay price.

Happy cruising!!

Honestly, after everything I've read, I'm tempted to just put the $500 on my sign & sail and use it as my own personal CHEERS! account. On our previous (and only) cruise, we did purchase CHEERS! and it actually took some work to reach our estimated 5-6 drink per day "break even" limit. Part of me would like to try it without CHEERS! to see how it compares -- figuring at best I'll save money and at worst I'll break even. That being said, it's SO convenient so pay in advance and just sign for each fancy cocktail!

IF I put a gift card on my S&S account, then don't use it, how do they refund it to me? Anyone know? I read about someone who put their gift card on their S&S and didn't spend it, then they used the refund to pay off their credit card. Anyone done this?

Edited by swaninwa