Water jug dispenser?

kellers13

I wonder if anyone has ever brought one of these jugs on board?

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/cal-mil-682-infusion-2-liter-polycarbonate-pitcher-with-infusion-chamber/211682INF.html?utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Product_Ads

Even if it does not fit in the fridge, perhaps our room steward would bring us ice to chill the water filled from the tap. I think this might solve my water problems as I drink a bottle or 2 a day - I could just refill a portable bottle.

Thoughts?

Edited by kellers13

Why not just bring smaller bottles? You can get them with the infuser bit in. Just keep refilling them- from your cabin, the buffet (using a glass, before anyone jumps on me) or from the water jugs they often have out on the bars. I drink shed loads of water and this approach worked fine for me, and they fit in the mini fridge. We used one with a water filter built into the bottle as it improves the taste.

That looks like a Norovirus breeding stall. I would never touch a drinking fountain on a cruise ship! Not sanitary at all. Not sanitary anywhere but especially not on a cruise ship.

If the chlorine taste is objectionable you will have to let it sit for a few hours for it to dissipate. The steward can bring you a pitcher of filtered water, and you could use that water in the one with the infuser. Or just that water if you don't care about the infusion.

That looks like a Norovirus breeding stall. I would never touch a drinking fountain on a cruise ship! Not sanitary at all. Not sanitary anywhere but especially not on a cruise ship.

They have them at air ports and they are installed in the factory where I work. They work just fine for filling up water bottles.

If the chlorine taste is objectionable you will have to let it sit for a few hours for it to dissipate. The steward can bring you a pitcher of filtered water, and you could use that water in the one with the infuser. Or just that water if you don't care about the infusion.

Oh, thanks for the tip. That sounds like the plan. I didn't know we could get pitchers of water. :)

Lol, I bet you don't touch railings, door knobs or utensils. With the one at my gym you don't touch anything. You hold your bottle which breaks a beam of light that stars the water. Its not a drinking fountain its a filling station.

Lol, I bet you don't touch railings, door knobs or utensils. With the one at my gym you don't touch anything. You hold your bottle which breaks a beam of light that stars the water. Its not a drinking fountain its a filling station.

But the picture shows a drinking fountain spout in addition to the water bottle filling mechanism. Someone could go put their face in their, sneeze, cough, drool, etc. Thereby spreading the germs in their face and mouth onto the fountain. If they could take the fountain spout off it would make sense. Someone would definitely stick their big old face in there eventually. I am very careful on cruise ships with what I touch. Much more so than in my everyday life. We were on a cruise with Noro and succeeded in not catching it by being very cautious what we touched. Like don't grip the arms on an armchair, everyone else's dirty hands were just there. Don't press elevator button with index finger, use your knuckle. Etc. So when I saw this thing I thought, no, that's not a good idea for a cruise ship.

That is not true at all. I work in a LEED Certified Platinum building and anyone seen with a bottle of water (Poland Spring, Dasani etc) would likely be shunned. We are also a very health conscious work environment and have those bottle fillers installed on all floors. Nothing touches the water as the bottle is held well below the spigot. We have been in this building for almost three years and none of us have dropped from norovirus. The only thing I don't like about it is that the water is not ice cold.

But the picture shows a drinking fountain spout in addition to the water bottle filling mechanism. Someone could go put their face in their, sneeze, cough, drool, etc. Thereby spreading the germs in their face and mouth onto the fountain. If they could take the fountain spout off it would make sense. Someone would definitely stick their big old face in there eventually. I am very careful on cruise ships with what I touch. Much more so than in my everyday life. We were on a cruise with Noro and succeeded in not catching it by being very cautious what we touched. Like don't grip the arms on an armchair, everyone else's dirty hands were just there. Don't press elevator button with index finger, use your knuckle. Etc. So when I saw this thing I thought, no, that's not a good idea for a cruise ship.

Stick their face in there? Yea, maybe something will mistake if for a urinal also:eek::rolleyes: If you go back to my first post it says, "Something Like This". I could not find a photo of the exact product, ours does not have the "Fountain" Part

Wow. I wonder if people back in the days before bottled water and plumbing survived. Seems like this is a matter of life and death for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have it on good authority that, indeed, everyone from the 1800s is in fact completely dead.

That is not true at all. I work in a LEED Certified Platinum building and anyone seen with a bottle of water (Poland Spring, Dasani etc) would likely be shunned. We are also a very health conscious work environment and have those bottle fillers installed on all floors. Nothing touches the water as the bottle is held well below the spigot. We have been in this building for almost three years and none of us have dropped from norovirus. The only thing I don't like about it is that the water is not ice cold.

The filling station is one of the best things out there. Most airports have them now and the national parks across the USA are installing them. My husband is a Plumbing engineer and he has been asked to design these filling stations into most government buildings and Universities. This is one of the most green products out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would you say that. Nothing touch where the water is dispensed, it all works by an electronic sensor. It is more sanitary than any water dispenser on the ship, including the ones that the crew uses to fill pitchers to use in the dining rooms, and it is a lot more sanitary than any ice machine.

Most of them do not have the drinking fountain attached.