Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

A quick recap of the day, as Lisa noted I have not done much reviewing on the last few days. But they are sea days, so what is there really to say.

Day 2- sailed past lots of blue water.

Day 3 - sailed past more blue water.

That doesn't make for much of a review now does it. So today I woke at 6:30 and hit my favourite web spots. CC, TMZ, CBC, and my email. I got threw a few items and by then the other two sleepy heads were moving.

Breakfast was consumed at JR and then I headed to advanced flow riding. Lisa took Owen to Boogie Boarding. We wrapped up just after 10 to head to the M&M at dazzles at 10:30 and as it turns out it was actually at 9:30. We had a really active roll call and hopefully the ones that make it had a great time. We have actually had a few people on the ship ask if we are that "Andrew, Lisa and Owen". Kinda funny in a good way to have people say they enjoy our adventures. No YouTube Channel tomorrow for me, just scopes.

So as Owen and I hung out Lisa was catching some rays at the beach pool. She said the deck attendants have been very thorough in regards to restricting food and glass bottles near the pool. She even said that they had taken away some towels.

One family had been away for a good two hours to come back to find their towels gone and their personal items removed. She told me that it was rather interesting to watch a woman in a 1 piece thong with side boob showing try to have a serious discussion with the crew member to why their stuff was removed. She showed me the picture of the woman, and as much as I'd like to show you the photo I'm sure CC has a limits to what I can post. What the heck, I'm going to post it.

c23ce7c469d6cc2bf576c420eb5ece30.jpg

Obviously by the looks of it, the CC filters won't allow that photo to be posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by A&L_Ont

Enjoyed your scopes today. We had dinner with some neighbors tonight who will be boarding Allure for their first time on Sunday, not their first cruise, just first time on Allure. I showed them a couple of your scopes, and they can hardly wait! I'm not sure what they were more amazed by, though -Allure, or Periscope! :D

Owen and I grabbed some lunch and headed to the International Belly Flop competition in the afternoon. This show was no flop. The skinny guys did amazingly well and the naturally rounded guys did even better. There might have only been 5 competing they had hearts right in it. The eventual winner in round 1 had a perfect 5 and followed it up with another 5 in round 2. They said it was the first perfect scores that that they remember happening in a little no time. Take that Nadia Comaneci.

I dropped Owen off at adventure ocean at 2 pm and I went off on a scoping adventure. I started at the Solarium, then the Solarium Bar for a Corona stop, then a victory lap around the beach, kids, sports and main pool. After that I continued on to the basketball court, mini golf, and the flow riders. The scopes is going to be up forever so don't forget to watch. As it turns out I met se old and third place from the flop competition and asked them a few questions.

Once that was done it was off to ride. The line was long but I enjoyed hanging with my people. 3 rides in 1.5 hours. Youch, at least my rides are longer that the other's.

Lisa, Owen and I all arrived back at the room at 5:30, had a quick shower and zipped to JR. I have some photos posted earlier to the deliciously messy endeavour. We followed that up with the ATS show and then made our way back to the cabin.

We proceeded to elevate our cruise review with me giving a piano recital and ended with some classical reading. So that is about it for today. And musing by the clock I have 3.5 minutes until today is completed.

Edited by A&L_Ont

So inquiring minds want to know.... will it be the Holland House in St. Maarten tomorrow? [emoji6]

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

You might have to wait and see. But you can never have too much of a good thing. [emoji3]

We are getting closer though.

dbba942ce627362c5e7981fcf04df948.jpg

And there aren't too many people in the RP, but amazingly there is a sale going on.

f8a8dc3d50b322206bd7576b4c1f1c7b.jpg

Tomorrow is day 4 and we are at St Maarten.

74ceb40c0779222ac50b0126db7a33b2.jpg

It is known as the Friendly Island, and it is 1 Island with two nations. That's right two nations. [emoji12]. Remember take the water taxi to the down town pier to walk to front street for shopping.

Watch our for the vendors.[emoji6]

Edited by A&L_Ont

I missed the live scope but watched it when I got home from work. Now I'm afraid in early December I'll be wandering around Front Street giggling to myself as I whisper in awe, "One island...two nations".

The segment where Owen played the piano, but all we could see was the top of his head is destined to be another classic.

Hello Andrew, Owen & Lisa,

Terrific review and scopes from yesterday! I just woke up and put up all the scopes on the computer while I started working. It was just like me being there!

The piano scope was the best though. I can't believe how well you can play that piano?! I'm also impressed that you taught Owen your fine piano art--true talent!

The reading from the library was also enlightening and I feel as if this should be a "thing" from now on. Look forward to much, much more! Lisa in the background was cracking me up though...

Enjoy the "friendly" island with two nations and thanks for making it a fun morning!

From ship to Holland house in under 20. It is crazy empty when there is only one ship in port. It's going to be a great day.

e321e0ae5e4df2965db42bb85b8555c4.jpg

View the other way.

89873633bc272fd583bec7d191755de7.jpg

1b65acfa2a1bebc0c926ef48a6bf4ccf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Owen and I just came back from jet skiing. The waters were perfectly smooth until you get out the far outcrop on the north end of the port area. We keep our eyes wide open and lucked out again this time and saw a large sea turtle floating on the waters surface. He disappeared quickly after we appeared and we watched for him to resurface. He obviously had better patience than us.

So we had 35 minutes and we had a great time. Owrn even let us get up to 60kms. I wouldn't want to get much quicker with him hanging off the back.

The walk from our loungers to the jet skis could not be any closer.

5884632be036e077fcd578fd7a6f6759.jpg

The beach is starting to get a bit busier with the cruise guests. And with that comes the influx of ladies offering back rubs, hair braiding, necklaces and stuffed monkeys. If the had real monkeys I would have taken one hands down. Justin Bieber had one and left it in Germany, I could get one and leave it one the ship. Then they could have a real monkey at the organ grinder on the carousel. You can't take shells and booze back to the ship. They never said anything about comfort monkeys. Heck if people have dogs in a stroller why not a monkey. [emoji3]

I did meet a nice lady on the beach that I first thought she was trying to sell me something. As it turns out she was a 70 year old psychologist who still works at the hospital and she came to the beach for a swim. As it turned it she has lived here from 10 years and was originally from Antigua. I told her she did not even look like she was in her 60s and she called me a smooth talker. Thinking back over the years of us coming to Holland House I do remember this wonderful woman swimming in the water.

We had breakfast at JR before we left but I can smell a BBQ grill upwind starting to fire up and it smells amazing. I can't believe it's only been 3 hours since we last ate.

I'm just waiting for Snowy the beach dog to show up and the day will be complete. Well add some drinks (bushwacker would do), food and maybe a nap and then all will be perfect.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Lunch is ordered. We are eating here. I bet we ordered too much, but let's see. You virtual cruisers might need to help us out.

Either direction has a nice view and free wifi with the beach chairs. There are nice washrooms in the hotel that you can use, a shower to rinse off and you can either eat beach side or in their beach front restaurant.

The view towards the building.

7b66e525f4108fd2ee1b82780752c4b3.jpg

The view looking out.

217ad231d20fde80d8bb0738dbd73b38.jpg

How was the water quality at Holland House? I'm going to be in St. Marteen on Tuesday with a 3.5 year old and a 9 month old. I've heard that sometimes they release sewage into the bay there, and it's not safe to swim. I was planning on renting a car and driving to Le Galion beach, but if the water is fine at Holland House, it'd be so much easier to take a water taxi there.

If I can't sleep this morning how will I sleep tomorrow morning.[emoji23] Like I said last night, there are a few things to do before we leave. Garbage out, feed Lucy (farm cat), suitcases in the car etc...

I happily set up my work email yesterday.

8fa764a1d27c4c0989d25470dd367ab2.jpg

My out of office message.

ooo.jpg

How was the water quality at Holland House? I'm going to be in St. Marteen on Tuesday with a 3.5 year old and a 9 month old. I've heard that sometimes they release sewage into the bay there, and it's not safe to swim. I was planning on renting a car and driving to Le Galion beach, but if the water is fine at Holland House, it'd be so much easier to take a water taxi there.

If water quality is your main concern I would honestly suggest you should go where you know it is safe. We have been coming to the beach right off the piers for years and have never had an issue but the safety of your kids is my biggest concern.

Hi Andrew, just got caught up on the review, but I am behind on today's scopes.

You say that you are here to entertain and you sure did with the piano scope! Unfortunately, I did not catch it live but it is a classic! So hilarious! Loved Lisa and Owen in the background!

Thanks for the review and the scopes and I am so glad that the weather has turned for the better for you guys! Looking forward to more fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Remind me to never ever visit that island/town southwest of that monitor!!! Just saying.....K.O.:eek:

We came within site of that town on our return trip on Oasis last May, at least it was visible from deck 12. I did note that bump in the path too and wondered.

So inquiring minds want to know.... will it be the Holland House in St. Maarten tomorrow? [emoji6]

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever periscoped from Orient? I need to check this app out, I haven't yet.