Luggage tags w/ incorrect C&A status

Our luggage tags for our upcoming cruise say Gold on them even though I've been Platinum for the past few cruises. Will this affect our boarding position or anything else? Is there any way to correct it? I know it's probably not that big of a deal, but I was just wondering. Thank you!

Our luggage tags for our upcoming cruise say Gold on them even though I've been Platinum for the past few cruises. Will this affect our boarding position or anything else? Is there any way to correct it? I know it's probably not that big of a deal, but I was just wondering. Thank you!

No effect.

You could call C&A and ask them why the level is wrong. You have have to get your cruise docs re-issued. However, I would not waste the time.

You may have been Gold when you booked the cruise, therefore it remained Gold on your cruise documents but as said before it makes no difference. Your bags get dropped outside and all the bags are going on the ship. Check your setsail pass.

I don't remember but I think you get to go in a different line for platinum than gold but that might start at emerald. If you are in a suite though C&A status won't matter either because you will go in the suite line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would definitely call C& A and get it straightened out. Will not effect your boarding but any coupons on board will be wrong etc.

Edited by gagirl7143

I would definitely call C& A and get it straightened out. Will not effect your boarding but any coupons on board will be wrong etc.

Well everywhere else it's correct...and I had all platinum benefits on my last cruise a few weeks ago. It's just the luggage tags :confused:

Well everywhere else it's correct...and I had all platinum benefits on my last cruise a few weeks ago. It's just the luggage tags :confused:

If your C&A level is correct on your cruise docs and SetSail, then I'd not worry about it.

I upgraded a month before the cruise and they never redid the luggage tags. Went to print them out & saw they were older room. I called, they said they couldn't change it. I had a friend do it in illustrator.

I'll bet that you had an inexperienced rep on the phone.

If you said: "Please change my luggage tags", they say it cannot be done.

However if you said: "Please re-issue my cruise documents", that would have a better chance of working. That's how the luggage tags are changed.

For my past two cruises I have had my luggage tags say platinum, my cruise documents emerald and my sea pass platinum. I have tried on the ship and through C&A by phone to get it right. I guess the systems don't communicate as well as they should. I will see what December's cruise will show. We don't use the coupons much so I won't spend much time fixing it while at sea.

However if you said: "Please re-issue my cruise documents", that would have a better chance of working. That's how the luggage tags are changed.
Bob is correct.

It is not only a luggage tag issue. The ship would have you listed in the original room. So any deliveries such as Crown and Anchor mail or any gifts might get delivered to your cabin number on the luggage tag.

Same just happened for us. Shows us Emerald when we are Diamond. Trying to change it with MS Paint, but not having much luck.

As long as you are changing it, I'd go all the way to Pinnacle. Maybe you will get your luggage faster.;)

The baggage handlers are NOT paying attention to your status! All they want to do is get rid of the bags on their dolly ASAP! They do it by "top down"....that is, whichever bag is on the top of the pile gets off-loaded first! If yours is on the bottom, you're last!

It happened to us - as long as your Set Sail pass is correct, don't worry about it!