Four pack of champagne splits...

We will be putting wine in our checked bags since we are flying in the day of our cruise and will not be able to do a liquor store run before boarding. We will transfer them to our carryons at the airport before embarkation.

I saw a 4 pack of Prosecco that I thought would be easier to pack. If the total quantity equals no more than 750 ml, will security allow me to bring these on board?

Thanks.

We will be putting wine in our checked bags since we are flying in the day of our cruise and will not be able to do a liquor store run before boarding. We will transfer them to our carryons at the airport before embarkation.

I saw a 4 pack of Prosecco that I thought would be easier to pack. If the total quantity equals no more than 750 ml, will security allow me to bring these on board?

Thanks.

The rule says a max of two bottles, each no more than 750 ml. Says nothing about total quantity. As long as you realize you may lose it.

Very true about the verbage of the rule.

Ok, second question.... Regarding champagne in a checked bag on a flight. Has anyone done it and did it arrive intact and still corked?

Yes, my wine packed in bubble wrap and clothes arrived at the airport in tact, don't know how champagne bubbles will react.

Edited by britty1

Ok, second question.... Regarding champagne in a checked bag on a flight. Has anyone done it and did it arrive intact and still corked?

I would check with your airline to make sure there is no restriction for something pressurized in your luggage. Personally, I would not risk it. I would not want to arrive at my cruise with wet clothing.

I have heard of a trick:

Take two bottles each, and go thru security, check-in, and board separately by different doors and different times. That way they won't know you're getting four bottles in a single cabin.

PD: I'm talking about PORT security, not airport.

Edited by Pipo

Aside from lack of packing protection like bubble wraps, you may also want to consider rough handling of luggage at airports as potential risk.

I just read up on carrying champagne on a flight in checked luggage and it is allowed and most of the time know issues of breaking (I have a special padded wine bottle carrier and was going to wrap it in bubble wrap and then put in a jumbo ziplock bag)....probably will just do it with regular wine (not sparkling). We brought several bottles home from Italy that way in checked luggage and they all survived.

Sorry to hijack your thread :)

Just wanted to let you know we have received your emails but cannot reply back... We are traveling and our home email server won't let us send out.

Let us know where you decide to meet up for the excursion. See you on Anthem soon.

Cheers,

Gary

Thanks.

the limit is 2 bottles, period, per cabin. the max size allowed is 750 ml each. you could bring 2 bottles of the mini wine airplanes serve and it would count as your 2 bottles.

spend the money on the bubble wrap bags that are shaped like bottles.

Sorry to hijack your thread :)

Just wanted to let you know we have received your emails but cannot reply back... We are traveling and our home email server won't let us send out.

Let us know where you decide to meet up for the excursion. See you on Anthem soon.

Cheers,

Gary

9:15 deck 4 in front of card room on Monday Gary.

😊