Mitsugirlys FASCINATION with San Juan-review & pictorial

mitsugirly

Nothing has changed for me. Everything still looks the same. :)

Oh wow. Yeah it's a new format for me. Like they updated the boards. it could be a cookies thing where yours is still getting the old one. I actually just cleared mine 2 days ago, so maybe that's why I see it now.

It has a similar look yet different. And posting took me a minute to figure out. :p

Hmm, interesting. I had my hubby do it from his computer and it shows the new look. I'm not sure if I'm going to like this. LOL :p

Yeah, I'm not sure either.....Though today for me it is back to the old way. They must be still working out the glitches.

Well just finished the whole review. Truly awesome read with a few genuine laugh out loud moments :D . Do the same cruise in May for my honeymoon, although we board in Barbados. You did a few of the things we have planned/booked so was good to see that you enjoyed them. Thanks for taking time to post :D

Well just finished the whole review. Truly awesome read with a few genuine laugh out loud moments :D . Do the same cruise in May for my honeymoon, although we board in Barbados. You did a few of the things we have planned/booked so was good to see that you enjoyed them. Thanks for taking time to post :D

Thanks so much for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I would love to sail out of Barbados, unfortunately our airline doesn't fly there yet. It would be fun to explore Barbados prior to leaving out of there.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and cruise! :)

Hmm, interesting. I had my hubby do it from his computer and it shows the new look. I'm not sure if I'm going to like this. LOL :p

I have had the new look of the forum for a couple of weeks and I still don't like it. LOL, oh well.

As usual, thanks for the review Kim! This review convinced me to do this same trip this August. We will do a week land vacay in Cuba and then hop over to San Juan for this cruise (squeeze one more cruise in before the kids start school) :D

I always look forward to your reviews! We have done this itinerary a few times, but not on the Fascination. Can't wait to read about your experience!

Thanks so much. I hope you enjoy it. :)

We stayed on Vieques for our honeymoon in 2014 and the bio bay at Mosquito Bay was fantastic....absolutely magical. When you go back, spend at least one night on Vieques and do that bio bay.....you will be amazed!

Yea, I have always heard that Mosquito Bay is the most lit up, but I'm not quite sure if which bay you are at depends on the experience at this point. I believe back in 2014, they were both really lit up and something has changed since then. So, Mosquito could very well be experiencing the same things. But if I return, I'll definitely have to check it out.

Kim, do you have another cruise booked? Just wanted to mark my calendar for when to look for another of your awesome reviews! :D

Yep, we will be cruising in April during Spring Break (as we usually do, but this time it's a little later than most years).

I have had the new look of the forum for a couple of weeks and I still don't like it. LOL, oh well.

As usual, thanks for the review Kim! This review convinced me to do this same trip this August. We will do a week land vacay in Cuba and then hop over to San Juan for this cruise (squeeze one more cruise in before the kids start school) :D

I finally got the lovely experience of the "new and improved look". It's definitely different. They made these changes (they said) based on everyone's comments/concerns, but I don't recall a thread or anything asking what we would like to see? :confused: One of my biggest complaints would be that we can only quote 2 people at a time. Therefore having to make multiple post to answer everyone. :(

Yep, we will be cruising in April during Spring Break (as we usually do, but this time it's a little later than most years).

I finally got the lovely experience of the "new and improved look". It's definitely different. They made these changes (they said) based on everyone's comments/concerns, but I don't recall a thread or anything asking what we would like to see? :confused: One of my biggest complaints would be that we can only quote 2 people at a time. Therefore having to make multiple post to answer everyone. :(

I know they used some Beta testers for a while before they launched this, so maybe that is what they are referring to?:confused: There is a thread somewhere on here where they were asking for feedback so maybe you want to post your complaint there and they may hear you. Who knows. All I know is that our Spring Break trip is getting closer and closer and we're starting to get excited! Hope you are too

I know they used some Beta testers for a while before they launched this, so maybe that is what they are referring to?:confused: There is a thread somewhere on here where they were asking for feedback so maybe you want to post your complaint there and they may hear you. Who knows. All I know is that our Spring Break trip is getting closer and closer and we're starting to get excited! Hope you are too

Do you know which "area" of the forum it might be located? I've been busy with school, so could have missed it (and start my next class tomorrow) so I'll try to hunt around for it.

I'm super excited for Spring Break this year. We will be hitting up 3 new ports for us and can't wait!!

Do you know which "area" of the forum it might be located? I've been busy with school, so could have missed it (and start my next class tomorrow) so I'll try to hunt around for it.

I'm super excited for Spring Break this year. We will be hitting up 3 new ports for us and can't wait!!

Sorry for the delay, I had to leave to pick Michaela up. I will search for the link and come back here with it.

I know its 3 new ports for you! We'll be sailing along with you :D All 4 of them are new for us so its exciting!

~Kia

We will be doing this itinerary in August, and I have a question about money. Did you use US money in port, or the local currency? I've read in a few places, that for the most part US money is accepted, but I like to hear from people who have actually done it. We'll probably just be doing small item shopping (small souvenirs, snacks, maybe a cab here or there). Considering this thread is 65 pages long, I may have missed this somewhere, and if so I apologize.

We will be doing this itinerary in August, and I have a question about money. Did you use US money in port, or the local currency? I've read in a few places, that for the most part US money is accepted, but I like to hear from people who have actually done it. We'll probably just be doing small item shopping (small souvenirs, snacks, maybe a cab here or there). Considering this thread is 65 pages long, I may have missed this somewhere, and if so I apologize.

Yes, we used US money the entire time (and even credit cards with no problem). :) I haven't found one place, while cruising the Caribbean and any of the ports we have been to (which are a lot) that hasn't accepted US money. No worries. :D