Views about the Carnival Conquest

richfret

Will be doing a February cruise on the Conquest and was wondering what others thought about this ship. I am not a novice to cruising and have done 19 cruises so far and all with Carnival. I have sailed the Freedom and Liberty so I do have some idea about the layout of the ship.

My concern is the age of the ship and the fact that it will not go to reconditioning until the Fall of 2017, months after we cruise. We will have a mid ship window cabin on the Riviera Deck.

I do like Carnival and you can tell that from the fact that I have not sailed any other cruise line. I just wanted to know what others have experienced who have sailed this ship.

I sailed Freedom March 2015, Liberty July 2015 and Conquest March 2016 and really couldn't tell the difference between the three of them.

Except we missed the Red Frog Pub on the Liberty and Conquest.

But as for the age and condition of the ship = I honestly thought they were all very similar.

It's far from a rust bucket like some reviews say. It's an older ship with very few nit-picky issues. (Some cracked tiles in Lido and there were a few out light bulbs on the signage), but it's nothing that ruins the atmosphere. :p

We stayed on Deck 2 both sailings and our cabins were fine. You could see out the window, the lights worked, it had beds and a television. Nothing to complain about anywhere!

We were on her for 7 days in July and loved it. I thought the decor was cool (I liked all the paintings) the ship was clean, our stateroom was comfy and, best of all, every crew member we ran into was awesome. Smiles abounded, food was good, fun was had.

We were on the Conquest in June and my only complaint was debarkation was a cluster. That did not deter us as we will be sailing on her again this coming Saturday. Can anyone who has sailed recently comment on their debarkation experiences?

I have not yet sailed on the Conquest, but certainly would, since I love leaving from Port Everglades. As for a mid ship window room on Riviera deck, we had one on the Liberty, and it was one of the smoothest cruises, quietest room I ever had on a ship.

I would miss the Serenity deck, but it would not deter me from sailing on this ship. I like the Conquest class ships I have been on. Liberty once, Freedom twice. As for the age of the ship; it also would not bother me. I was on Victory last year which is older, and it looked fine/worked fine, was a great cruise. Enjoy your cruise.

My cabin was flooded for two days on the Conquest. The pipes are smaller than newer ships and clog often, as explained to me by a supervisor. She told me to sail on the Breeze next time and I did. It was a much better experience. The Conquest was my first Carnival experience and I was about ready to swear Carnival off until I tried the Breeze.

Also the steward was not good. He basically called me a liar and his supervisor had to step in.

I hope you have a nice cruise. Mine wasn't.

Thank you for the replies. Looks positive for the most part. Regarding the flooded cabin, I saw the same thing happen on the Magic. If you have the flooded cabin, it is a nightmare while every else is having a good cruise. I saw the crew trying to repair the pipes and some water even spilled over into the passageway. The remainder of the ship was fine. Every once in awhile, you will read about smells in certain areas of the ship. I think a lot has to do with the pipe issue.

My plans are to sail in February and even buy a 2017 Southern Itinerary cruise while on this cruise for the $100 credit. As said before, the Conquest will get a redo during the fall of 2016 so that should resolve most issues and the Conquest would be a good candidate.

Regarding the $100 credit, it is sort of a gamble. Every month the price rises $10 to $20 so I might need that $100 just to stay even. Got 5 months to go.

Oh well, after the February cruise, I will be better able to select the Conquest again or maybe another ship.

We sailed on the Conquest in May, which was our third cruise on the Conquest, great ship but it is showing it's age. It needs the dry dock.

I should have added that we had a great cruise on the Conquest and would not hesitate to book her again.

Just ended an 8 night on this ship. The only place I could see that needed a refurbish is the adult pool needs to be repainted and the deck chairs are a little "spotty" didn't ruin anything for me though. Staff and food great, ship is smaller and somethings missing like Serenity and GYM pool and hot tub but it was a good cruise and would not hesitate to do again.

We were on the Conquest in June. Our first cruise, so I can't compare it to other ships. But we had the best time, an absolute blast. And this coming from someone who had never considered cruising as a vacation and wasn't even really looking forward to it. I basically agreed to it because my wife's aunt/uncle wanted us to go with them and her and my son really wanted to try it. I'm glad we did.

The Conquest had a few faults. Any water that escaped our shower took a while to drain. There was a sewage smell once in a while in a few different areas. If you've ever been camping in a self-contained camper with a "black water" tank, it kind of smelled like that. But it wasn't overwhelming, just unpleasant at times in a few places. And on the last day, I could only find two operational washing machines on five different decks.

None of that ruined our trip, though. Our steward was awesome and a great guy in general. The food was great. Nothing looked old & worn to us. The rest of the staff were as nice as could be. We had no major complaints.

I've seen a lot of people complain about it not having a serenity deck. There is an adults-only pool on the stern. But for those looking for a quiet get-away, I recommend deck 10. One side is the smoking side. The other side, under the overhang, has a bunch of cushioned patio chairs and couches with coffee tables. This area was always quiet and never crowded anytime we went up there. There were a lot of kids on board, but we never saw any here. Nothing to do but sit and relax, so they didn't have a good reason to be there. Perfect place to take a meal, a drink, relax or take a nap.

We were on the Conquest in June and my only complaint was debarkation was a cluster. That did not deter us as we will be sailing on her again this coming Saturday. Can anyone who has sailed recently comment on their debarkation experiences?

You didn't happen to be on the June 4th-9th cruise, were you? Debarkation was a nightmare. Everyone was supposed to go to the designated waiting areas, but hundreds of people did whatever they wanted. They were clogging the lobby, the hallways, the elevator areas, and even the stairs. We sat in the Toulouse lounge like we were supposed to and people were going before their group was called, cutting in line. And none of the staff would do anything about it. We'd talk to some and we could hear them over the radios and several of them admitted that it was out of control, but they just let it continue. No one would assert any authority and tell the ones who were doing wrong to go sit down and wait their turn. It truly looked as if it was their first time getting people off the ship.

My plans are to sail in February and even buy a 2017 Southern Itinerary cruise while on this cruise for the $100 credit. As said before, the Conquest will get a redo during the fall of 2016 so that should resolve most issues and the Conquest would be a good candidate.

When is the Conquest getting a redo? The schedule for this fall looks full.

We were on this tug in April. From boarding terminal nightmare to getting off at the end nightmare, it was almost the worst cruise. That goes to The Destiny and a flooded suite. I'd rather be in steerage on the Titanic than try again. Glad you like Carnival.

Had to get your "dig" in, not surprised:mad:

In summary so far, we have 8 yeas, 2 nays and 7 no strong opinion of the Conquest. I can live with that. I have seen far worse.

I stand corrected on timing of the refit. It is the fall of 2017 and not 2016.

Just 171 days until my cruise or 5 months, 18 days and 3 hours. You can tell I am not anxious.

We've cruised the Conquest twice and loved it both times. Our second time was just last October. We enjoy the aft pool since there is no serenity. I agree about using deck 10. In the back over the aft pool it is pretty quiet too.

We had a great steward and wait staff every night. No problems at all the whole cruise.

However, it was a mess debarking but that was on the terminal, not Carnival. There were only 2 Customs agents working!

I have not been on Conquest in a while, but it was my favorite Carnival ship to date. When we sailed on her last it was right after dry dock and they did the 2.0 upgrades. I have not been on Dream, Magic, Breeze or Vista yet, and I am sure those have a few more amenities, but Conquest was good. I liked the Guys Burgers, the taco/burrito bar (I think Blue Iguana), sea day brunch and all of those venues. I think its been a while since the dry dock though, so it might need a refresh, but I can't think of too many major changes it needed.