Regent Suite compared to Princess Full Suite

ctemkg

Hi. I have sailed many times in the Princess Full Suites and am trying to figure out what Regent class would be a similar suite and balcony size. Has anyone sailed both Princess Full Suites and Regent to provide some comparison?

Thanks.

Hi. I have sailed many times in the Princess Full Suites and am trying to figure out what Regent class would be a similar suite and balcony size. Has anyone sailed both Princess Full Suites and Regent to provide some comparison?

Thanks.

I have been on Princess mini suites and full suites and once on a Regents regular suite (Cat F on Mariner). The mini suite size on Princess is comparable to the regular suite on Regent, but Regents suites are way nicer of course. I have not stayed on a full suite on Regent but I think the full suite on Diamond Princess would be approx. the size of Regent's Seven Seas Suite.

J

We have sailed many times in Owner's suites on Princess Grand class ships. They are the ones aft with large balconies. Our one Regent cruise was in a Seven Seas aft suite which was comparable in size. The bathroom in the Princess OS was a little larger I think. The furnishings were also comparable we thought, although the Regent bed was more comfortable. One negative we found with the Regent suite was that the balcony was completely uncovered whereas the Princess OS on the Grand class ships is covered affording some shade. We spend a lot of time on our balcony so that was important to us.

Hi Ann (and Al), thanks for posting a robust experience based comparison.

Ida and I still hope we can synch cruise plans with Al and you in the future.

Edited by WesW

Hi Ann (and Al), thanks for posting a robust experience based comparison.

Ida and I still hope we can synch cruise plans with Al and you in the future.

Hi Wes. It would be great seeing you and Ida again. We enjoyed our transatlantic with you on the Voyager. In the last few years we've become fans of Seabourn and that's what we have booked next. I do look at itineraries that fit our time frames though, so one never knows. Please give our regards to Ida.

We have sailed many times in Owner's suites on Princess Grand class ships. They are the ones aft with large balconies. Our one Regent cruise was in a Seven Seas aft suite which was comparable in size. The bathroom in the Princess OS was a little larger I think. The furnishings were also comparable we thought, although the Regent bed was more comfortable. One negative we found with the Regent suite was that the balcony was completely uncovered whereas the Princess OS on the Grand class ships is covered affording some shade. We spend a lot of time on our balcony so that was important to us.

Hi Ann. How do you think the Regent HS Aft category would compare to the Princess Suite? Not sure I am ready to pay for the SS at this point.

Thanks.

I'm afraid I can't answer that. We sailed on the Voyager and the only other suite we saw was a Penthouse somewhere on the starboard side. At the time we sailed, the suites in between the two corner aft Seven Seas suites were I think categorized as H's but I don't see them on the deck plans that way any longer. My impression at the time was that they were fairly narrow and probably not as large as the aft suites on the Princess ships we had been on. I have not been on the new Explorer which does show H suites. Based on the description on the Regent website those don't appear to be as large as Princess full suites; their description sounds like their size is more comparable to a Princess mini-suite. Perhaps someone who has seen one can describe it for you.

While it has been several years since we took our Regent cruise I feel fairly confident in saying that you will have a superior experience if you choose a Regent cruise from what is now available on Princess regardless of the cabin you choose. Over the years we saw many changes in the Princess product and a couple of years ago we decided it was time to move on.

I think just comparing suite size and quality between Regent and Princess is only half the picture. No matter how nice the suite is on Princess once you step out of it you're still on a Princess ship with thousands of other passengers and all that entails.The food and service cannot compare. I'd rather sail in a smaller suite on Regent or other luxury line any day.

I think just comparing suite size and quality between Regent and Princess is only half the picture. No matter how nice the suite is on Princess once you step out of it you're still on a Princess ship with thousands of other passengers and all that entails.The food and service cannot compare. I'd rather sail in a smaller suite on Regent or other luxury line any day.

Do the smaller suites on Regent also have verandah's that are uncovered like the Regent Suites described above?

First, wripro, I agree with your post. The experience on Regent (or any luxury cruise line) cannot really be compared with Princess, HAL, Celebrity, etc.

marycruz, wripro hasn't been on Regent for quite a while. I am not sure what is meant by a covered balcony. Regent suites are basically all uncovered but some aft suites might get shade from the suite above (when the balcony extends further than the balcony below it). If shade is important, pay attention to which side of the ship will have shade in the afternoons (i.e. which side is facing east) and book those suites. During hot weather, we do try to avoid suites with a western exposure.

Thanks.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought someone was asking about comparing "THE" Regent Suite to a Princess Full Suite, not "A" Regent suite. :eek:

My first thought was, "I don't think there's ANY suite out there that compares to THE Regent Suite."

First, wripro, I agree with your post. The experience on Regent (or any luxury cruise line) cannot really be compared with Princess, HAL, Celebrity, etc.

marycruz, wripro hasn't been on Regent for quite a while. I am not sure what is meant by a covered balcony. Regent suites are basically all uncovered but some aft suites might get shade from the suite above (when the balcony extends further than the balcony below it). If shade is important, pay attention to which side of the ship will have shade in the afternoons (i.e. which side is facing east) and book those suites. During hot weather, we do try to avoid suites with a western exposure.

I'm not sure what they meant by uncovered but I assumed that they meant there was no cover above them. In other words, if you are out on your verandah and it is raining you will bet wet. Most cruise ships have a roof over your verandah because it is the floor of the verandah above you.

I'm not sure what they meant by uncovered but I assumed that they meant there was no cover above them. In other words, if you are out on your verandah and it is raining you will bet wet. Most cruise ships have a roof over your verandah because it is the floor of the verandah above you.

I hadn't thought of that. I'll need to pay attention on our November cruise. It always seems that when it is raining, it rains on the balcony and when the sun rises or sets the sun shines into your suite. Based on your post, every balcony would be somewhat shaded. I learn something new every day!

I hadn't thought of that. I'll need to pay attention on our November cruise. It always seems that when it is raining, it rains on the balcony and when the sun rises or sets the sun shines into your suite. Based on your post, every balcony would be somewhat shaded. I learn something new every day!

I just looked at some u-tube videos of the suites and it looks like there is some cover but it's hard to tell from the way folks take the videos.

We probably won't use it very much anyway because we will be in New England/Canada and only have 2 sea days.

Since I am taking my mother as a gift to her, I am doing my best homework to give her the best options. I have sailed Regent in the past, in the smaller E suites, yet with a 5 week sailing, I don't think she or I would be fully comfortable. Even thought we both have our own cabins, having a place to spread out is good.

I have taken her many times in the Princess full suites aft and she us all about the space and the large balcony. She likes to sit back with a book (or 30) and can read for days.

While no question, the Regent experience is a world apart from Princess, I have to put a good amount of weight on the cabin choice and balcony size for her. I don't want her to have less room than she has in the past, especially since this a celebration cruise for us.

Hard to decide. If the Mariner aft HS was similar then that would be doable. The SS is outside of my budget especially once I add trip insurance. My rates are ok, yet insurance for an 81 yr old are really high.

Too bad Regent shore office support is so poor. I reached out to them a while ago to help narrow this down and have not heard back yet.

Thanks for all your comments. Every bit of info helps. I appreciate it.

Too bad Regent shore office support is so poor. I reached out to them a while ago to help narrow this down and have not heard back yet.

Thanks for all your comments. Every bit of info helps. I appreciate it.

I don't know if anyone has said this yet (I'd be surprised if no one has) but it's a common theme: Find a good travel agent who has experience working with Regent. Our guy has done wonders for us over the years.

As a matter of fact in the aft Seven Seas suite on the Voyager (and the adjoining suites)there was no shade because the aft is angled. We were able to look down on those suites below us as could the people above us. Looking at photos of the Mariner it appears that the stern is similarly angled but it looks like there may be a little overhang. I'm not sure that even a good travel agent would know that kind of information.

This is what they mean by uncovered balcony

b228e4593bdc1344098adba3025bd1ed.jpg

The picture is a little deceiving. This is from one of the "Grand Class" ships/

The upper balcony is a deck ten regular balcony. On this deck only a part of the balcony is covered from the balcony above. Part is uncovered. Deck ten balcony room is 275 SqFt. the other deck are about 230. size of balcony is the only different.

The lower balconies are deck nine and are mini suites. They are uncovered balconies. About 320 SqFt with the balcony. No walk in closet. Tub/shower combined (small) Pic below.

ap_mb_minisuite_photo_lrg.jpg

The old Tahitian/Pacific Princess was a great ship as far as being a small size, comparable to the Mariner/Voyager at 740 passenger.

I have sailed Princess many times. They are OK for what you pay for. We do the La-Honolulu 15 day return about once a year. It is certainly not Regent quality (except for the shows.)

j

The picture is a little deceiving. This is from one of the "Grand Class" ships/

The upper balcony is a deck ten regular balcony. On this deck only a part of the balcony is covered from the balcony above. Part is uncovered. Deck ten balcony room is 275 SqFt. the other deck are about 230. size of balcony is the only different.

The lower balconies are deck nine and are mini suites. They are uncovered balconies. About 320 SqFt with the balcony. No walk in closet. Tub/shower combined (small) Pic below.

The old Tahitian/Pacific Princess was a great ship as far as being a small size, comparable to the Mariner/Voyager at 740 passenger.

I have sailed Princess many times. They are OK for what you pay for. We do the La-Honolulu 15 day return about once a year. It is certainly not Regent quality (except for the shows.)

j

I just wanted to show what "uncovered" balcony is [emoji4]

My favorite ship was also the Tahitian Princess and her Owners suite. [emoji2][emoji2]

Jorge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk