PG in February?

lovetotravel68

Hello PG cruisers!

Three years ago my husband and I were lucky enough to celebrate our honeymoon onboard the PG. We loved it more than anything and our once in a lifetime trip quickly turned into 'how can we get back?'

Well, the stars have aligned and we are able to book for February next year! But, this is the only time we can go and I realise it is rainy season.

My question is, what is the weather like at this time? Is the humidity unbearable? And when it rains is it cloudy and grey? Obviously we would like to enjoy the beautiful islands and a little rain here and there wouldn't dampen our spirits but unbearable humidity and constant grey skies might! Basically, is it worth splashing out for a cruise in Feb or should we save it for another year when we can go in the dry season? We went in October last time and the weather was perfection.

I realise the weather is completely unpredictable but would greatly appreciate feedback from anyone who has gone during this time :)

Thanking you in advance!

Three years ago my husband and I were lucky enough to celebrate our honeymoon onboard the PG. We loved it more than anything and our once in a lifetime trip quickly turned into 'how can we get back?'

I'll leave to others to comment on the weather in February since I don't know.

We too did a "once in a lifetime" cruise on the PG, for us in 2000. For us it was an anniversary. Since then we've been back 4 times, one a 7-day back-to-back, another up to the Marquesas, and are booked for another in October 2017 to the Cook Islands. Many others will confirm that this "once in a lifetime" thing can get totally out of hand when it is the PG. It is commonly called "the Polynesian flu." There is no cure, but going back as often as possible helps to temporarily suppress the symptoms.

As you mentioned there are no guarantees to the weather. We have been to French Polynesia 20 times over several different months and have had pretty good luck even during the hot humid time which of course includes February. Typically we have found that when it does rain it comes quickly and leave quickly even in the hot humid time. I always say a bad day in paradise is better than most days back home

As David pointed out, we've been a bunch of times, once in April, and once in December. Both of those months are considered part of the rainy season, I believe. Yes, it was somewhat more humid and hot. I remember deciding not to eat at Le Grill one night because it was too humid. But in general, the weather is still beautiful, there's often a breeze, and generally on the ship it doesn't matter much because of that. Just count on water sports during the day, and seek the shade!

Thank you for your replies!

So after writing this question yesterday before bed I couldn't sleep most of the night because I was so darn excited about going back on the PG! I guess that made me realise that no matter what the weather has in store for us we should still go! And hey, if it all turns to custard, there are always cocktails to be had right?

Last time we went my DH missed the last 3 days of the cruise and all the activities we had planned as he got a bacterial infection (he actually ended up in hospital so not an ideal ending to a honeymoon!). I'm super excited to be able to show him Motu Mahana! He missed it last time and I know he would love it!!

:)