Promenade Public Loungers on Veendam?

Cy'all@C

Yes

Just look in the areas where the non Lanai cabins are and you will see loungers without the "reserved" sign on them.

Our lanai (323) is sandwiched between two OV's somewhat forward of the ship. So it's correct to expect loungers next to us for public use...probably being almost always occupied???

Trudy

Our lanai (323) is sandwiched between two OV's somewhat forward of the ship. So it's correct to expect loungers next to us for public use...probably being almost always occupied???

Trudy

I understand that the reserved signs on the chairs aren't very large - better bring your own large sign with you!

Many of the reserved loungers on the Maasdam didn't have a reserved sign on them. We and our neighbors had to poliely request people to vacate the chairs several times. One man was particularly obnoxious and tried to intimidate me. The others were pleasant and possibly unaware of the reserved chairs.

I'm not concerned about someone sitting in my "reserved" chair when I'm not using it. I can handle that....nicely. :)

I'm concerned about the NON-reserved chairs and if they are almost ALWAYS occupied? Unless I was travelling with non-lanai guests who could use those loungers next to us, then I think it would be preferable to be sandwiched between other lanai's, right?

Trudy

I'm not concerned about someone sitting in my "reserved" chair when I'm not using it. I can handle that....nicely. :)

I'm concerned about the NON-reserved chairs and if they are almost ALWAYS occupied? Unless I was travelling with non-lanai guests who could use those loungers next to us' date=' then I think it would be preferable to be sandwiched between other lanai's, right?

Trudy[/quote']

Yes, it would be best to be "sandwiched" between other lanai cabins. We enjoyed getting to know our lanai neighbors. Also the "sandwiched" ones are less likely to be used by other passengers.

I understand that the reserved signs on the chairs aren't very large - better bring your own large sign with you!

The problem with marking each lounge chair as "reserved" is that all lounge chairs are taken away for muster drill. When they're put back, the crew would have to line up reserved chairs in front of lanais and unreserved chairs in the remaining places, and this doesn't always happen. IIRC, there is a sign on the wall by each lanai cabin saying that the chairs are reserved, but it's small.

I have seen signs taped to loungers. One passenger printed full sized sheets of paper that said "reserved for cabin xxxx" and then laminated them so they would survive for a full week.