How do I change deck when booking online?

The Tool Man

Your best bet is to call NCL directly, I have a cruise consultant that I work with and she told me that online it will only show you a small portion of what is actually available in the cabin category that you choose. I was able to talk to her when I booked last week and she got me EXACTLY where I wanted to be!

Your best bet is to call NCL directly, I have a cruise consultant that I work with and she told me that online it will only show you a small portion of what is actually available in the cabin category that you choose. I was able to talk to her when I booked last week and she got me EXACTLY where I wanted to be!

If you have a good TA, the ease of booking choices is one of its advantages.

If you still would prefer to do this online I would try ****** instead. I've found NCL's website to have a poor user interface with a number of issues such as this.
Some online TAs have nicer interfaces, but as far as I have seen, they all have this same issue of failing to display all available cabins. NCL limits visible inventory to 15 cabins per category, and all TA sites (again, as far as I know) display those same cabins. The site you just mentioned, for example, offers exactly the same choice of studios as what the OP saw on the NCL site. No way to switch to deck 10 or 11, even though it is highly probable that there are studios available on those decks, too.

043475b40040bc8c3640869f88d9f5f4.jpg

Anytime you see a choice of exactly 15 cabins in your chosen category, and you don't like any of the choices, it's worthwhile calling them (NCL or the TA), because it's likely that those are not the only available cabins.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I've been doing a few mock bookings to see what's available. However, I can't seem to figure out how to change deck. I'm stuck on 12. Can anyone provide some insight. Here is a screenshot. Thanks.

Your screen shot says that there are ONLY deck 12 cabins available in that class. You would see cabins on different decks if available.

I've been doing a few mock bookings to see what's available. However, I can't seem to figure out how to change deck. I'm stuck on 12. Can anyone provide some insight. Here is a screenshot. Thanks.

vGJ1bf.png

See the blue button that says "View Deck Plans" click on that and choose a different deck with cabins, then you can see what cabin types are on that deck and then choose a category and it will bring up available cabins.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

See the blue button that says "View Deck Plans" click on that and choose a different deck with cabins, then you can see what cabin types are on that deck and then choose a category and it will bring up available cabins.
I tried that for the OP's booking (Escape 7-day Miami, Oct 28, 2017). "View Deck Plans" brings up a window where I can view the deck plans, but I can't click on anything or select anything from the deck plans. Could you try and see if it works for you?

NCL really doesn't want you to see anything but those 15 cabins on deck 12. Is it possible that the other studios (including all the studios on decks 10 and 11) are already sold out? I guess. But it seems to be that the booking system will never show you more than 15 cabins per category, no matter how many cabins are actually available.

I had that same problem when I booked my upcoming cruise. I just called and asked if cabin were available on other decks and they were. I wanted an aft on a deck with the larger balcony. I thought maybe they put the least desirable one online as available.

I tried that for the OP's booking (Escape 7-day Miami, Oct 28, 2017). "View Deck Plans" brings up a window where I can view the deck plans, but I can't click on anything or select anything from the deck plans. Could you try and see if it works for you?

NCL really doesn't want you to see anything but those 15 cabins on deck 12. Is it possible that the other studios (including all the studios on decks 10 and 11) are already sold out? I guess. But it seems to be that the booking system will never show you more than 15 cabins per category, no matter how many cabins are actually available.

I couldn't figure out what he meant either. I called and got the exact cabin I wanted on deck 11.

Those T1 cabins are on decks 10, 11 & 12. I would call NCL directly, their cruise consultants are fantastic!!! They'll get you right where you want to be...provided it's available! Mine told me last week that they only show online a very small percentage of what is actually available for booking, that it's always best to call direct. If you want to give me your email, I can send the name and direct # for the NCL consultant that i've used for my cruises and turned all of my family and friends on to....or perhaps I can post it? Anyone have any idea if that is acceptable on CC??

Those T1 cabins are on decks 10, 11 & 12. I would call NCL directly, their cruise consultants are fantastic!!! They'll get you right where you want to be...provided it's available! Mine told me last week that they only show online a very small percentage of what is actually available for booking, that it's always best to call direct. If you want to give me your email, I can send the name and direct # for the NCL consultant that i've used for my cruises and turned all of my family and friends on to....or perhaps I can post it? Anyone have any idea if that is acceptable on CC??

Thank you very much for the offer. I called and booked last night. Is the lady I spoke with now assigned as my cruise consultant?

I think not.