Fairy has landed

Houston Control,The upsell Fairy has Landed.

Just received offer of changing from interior,for a extra $25 P/P day,to a balcony stateroom.

We have planned location,our time on-board,around our interior cabin.

Now its all out the window.

We have never experienced a balcony before.

Money isn't the prime consideration.

We love our dark,cozy,safe interior,but this is tempting.

Anyones thoughts and experience are appreciated.:):)

I say grab it as well, love sitting on my balcony whenever I want , dressed in my pjs if I want. But only ever having balconies I can't bring myself to not have one. That may happen for you two as well :) But location and deck might be more important to you .

But congrats on getting an offer , choices are always nice. Have fun deciding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are a reasonable number of balconies still for sale.

I would take it to check out the difference from your perspective.

BUT ONLY IF I could pick my actual cabin location which seems easy enough at present.

They are also offering $300 per cabin OBC on sale, so I would try to sweet talk them to include that also.

We regularly vary our cabin choices between balcony, O/V and interior.

For us it comes down to a combination of price, cabin location, whether there is a promenade deck with loungers, and expected weather for the cruise.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

There are a reasonable number of balconies still for sale.

I would take it to check out the difference from your perspective.

BUT ONLY IF I could pick my actual cabin location which seems easy enough at present.

They are also offering $300 per cabin OBC on sale, so I would try to sweet talk them to include that also.

We regularly vary our cabin choices between balcony, O/V and interior.

For us it comes down to a combination of price, cabin location, whether there is a promenade deck with loungers, and expected weather for the cruise.

Cheers,opua

$700pp for the whole cruise? That's an expensive upsell.

Is it worth it? Maybe. A balcony is nice but only you can decide whether you'll get value from it. But it's a long cruise and the balcony would give you some extra space.

Do you get a choice of balcony cabin?

$700pp for the whole cruise? That's an expensive upsell.

Is it worth it? Maybe. A balcony is nice but only you can decide whether you'll get value from it. But it's a long cruise and the balcony would give you some extra space.

Do you get a choice of balcony cabin?

on it right now,apparently,you request the upsell and they get back to you,with whats available.then you choose or recend the offer,and retain your original.

Edited by mrs and mrs

We like to holiday a lot so always the cheapest outside for us. We did have a Balcony once Carnival Spirit Singapore to Sydney, it wasn't very big but nice as you entered and left ports. I think I would have liked it more if you could leave the door open but then the air conditioning goes off. $700 is a lot of cocktails or specialty dining or a plane trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Houston Control,The upsell Fairy has Landed.

Just received offer of changing from interior,for a extra $25 P/P day,to a balcony stateroom.

We have planned location,our time on-board,around our interior cabin.

Now its all out the window.

We have never experienced a balcony before.

Money isn't the prime consideration.

We love our dark,cozy,safe interior,but this is tempting.

Anyones thoughts and experience are appreciated.:):)

We always have a balcony, but I probably spend more time than the average in my cabin. We are also both a bit claustrophobic and just visiting in an inside is enough to stress us.

I guess it comes down to the total cost, $25 ea is $50 a day.

The gap between an inside and balcony is normally more than that, so it seems like a good deal.

Insides are showing as sold out, which is a bit weird as nothing else is. I suspect they may want your cabin, so puts you in a good position.

Notably, suites are very similarly priced to balconies if buying now. If you're happy with the offer and idea of upgrading, I'd see if you can get the suite for that price. :-)

As for the idea of upgrading you have a few ports along the way so being in a balcony makes it easier to see more of them, and at different times, even if you're happy with public spaces on sea days and at other times.

You'll never know if you don't try!

That's what we thought initially, BUT $1400 is a lot of drinks, or its 1 and a half cruise to the islands in the new year.

Damn now we are dithering lol.

We also have the big balcony upstairs, round the pool etc,etc.:rolleyes:

Yep $1,400 is a lot of green. And I wouldn't pay it to go from a Balcony to a mini. (but then a mini doesn't suit us anyway) probably not even for a full suite.

Insides are showing as sold out, which is a bit weird as nothing else is. I suspect they may want your cabin, so puts you in a good position.

Notably, suites are very similarly priced to balconies if buying now. If you're happy with the offer and idea of upgrading, I'd see if you can get the suite for that price. :-)

As for the idea of upgrading you have a few ports along the way so being in a balcony makes it easier to see more of them, and at different times, even if you're happy with public spaces on sea days and at other times.

You'll never know if you don't try!

True as T.B.M, the balconies are now lower in price than the oceanviews,im gueesing they want our cabin.

Might hang on a bit.

Imagine a SUITE,omg.:eek:

That's what we thought initially, BUT $1400 is a lot of drinks, or its 1 and a half cruise to the islands in the new year.

Damn now we are dithering lol.

We also have the big balcony upstairs, round the pool etc,etc.:rolleyes:

And the Sanctuary. ;)

The advantages of a balcony are that you can wander out at any time to admire the view. You can sit out there, weather permitting, whenever you like for as long as you like. You can even have an Ultimate Balcony Dinner there one night - and that's an amazing experience. You can take some wine onboard and drink it on your balcony. You can bring one bottle pp free of the corkage fee, more and you pay the $15 per bottle fee.

The downside is that the Princess balconies are very small and the balcony furniture isn't great. Chairs that recline slightly, not sun loungers. I find them uncomfortable for more than an hour at a time. Depending on where your cabin is, getting fancy drinks could be a pain.

True as T.B.M, the balconies are now lower in price than the oceanviews,im gueesing they want our cabin.

Might hang on a bit.

Well ask, all they can say is no, or give you a price that is too high.

I never hesitate to ask for anything I think is at least possible.

Might hang on a bit.

With upsells you can't hang on too long. From what I've read they send out the upsell offers to more people than they have cabins available, then see who bites.

If a lot of people like the idea you could miss out, if nobody wants that offer they might come back with a better offer.

There are quite a few mini-suites still available. They aren't a full suite, just a larger cabin with a sofa and (I think) a bigger bathroom. Same sized balcony though. You could try negotiating for one of those.

There are even a few full suites available.

If you decide on an upgrade, try to get a Caribe deck balcony cabin.....much larger than the a average balconies, half covered half open, the covered part is private, (not open to Baja and Aloha above) This was ours on the Diamond.

28775051843_374d4c17f2.jpgIMG_6288 by cheznandy, on Flickr

28775052743_a900136eae.jpgIMG_6287 by cheznandy, on Flickr

28772642474_337ce5ab29.jpgIMG_6286 by cheznandy, on Flickr

Yep,will see what they come back with.We had a interior aft and balcony choosen is right oppo.

Now the major questions are,

Will we get covered with soot.

Will people chuck cigarette ash and rubbish on us from above.

Will next-door be smokers.

Will people see us naked.

Will the furniture be crap.(answered)

Will the balcony door close properly.

Will there be a Cpl rust-spots.

Will the blue matting be old and crumbly.

Will the hand-rail be wood or steel.With tarnished wood or rusty steel.

Will I see a whale.

Will a seagull **** on me.

Will a bat fly into my cabin.

In an Interior the answer to all these is no,no,no.

Off to the main board to ask.:eek:

Wow thanks Chezandy:)

Are all balconys on Caribe partially covered.

Yes. they are. Also FYI, Standard balconies are 9'x5', Mini suites 9'x7' and Caribe deck balconies are 9'x9':D

bit of a Princess secret, although some will have differing views, but having been in all the balconies, I would pick a Caribe over the average balcony that is smaller.......for same cost!!

The Minis on Dolphin are totally uncovered, the minis on Emerald are half/half, reason they sell out quick.

Ok so if the balconies are bigger do they steal space from the cabin.:confused:

Plus I'm gueesing diamond emerald etc are same size (class) ship as golden

Cabin sizes are exactly the same.....here is a pic of the way the balconies work so you get an idea. I am standing on our Caribe balcony, Dolphin minis are below, you can see they are completely open, no shade and open to rain. You can see how Baja covers the half of Caribe.

Although I have not been on the Golden I am 99% sure that all Grand class ships have the large Caribe balcony's, you can tell on the deck plans anyway.

29288993882_cd801a2e6f.jpgIMG_6290 by cheznandy, on Flickr