Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

I can buy a package today for my March 2017 Oasis sailing at the full price plus gratuity. If I pull the trigger and buy today can I change it if a kick a$$ sale happens in the next 6 months? I'm ordering the Royal Replenish which is going up significantly in price. Thanks for your advice :)

I can buy a package today for my March 2017 Oasis sailing at the full price plus gratuity. If I pull the trigger and buy today can I change it if a kick a$$ sale happens in the next 6 months? I'm ordering the Royal Replenish which is going up significantly in price. Thanks for your advice :)

Yes, you can cancel and re-order drink packages.

Well, somethings up.

I am unable to book anything.

No drink packages, excursions.... Nothing. When I click on the link to boom excursions, I get a completely different page. I ve tried many different paths ( crown and anchor etc) . Not able to book anything except gifts and gear.

I hope I didn't miss the oppurtunity to book the old packages before the price increase.

It looks to me like they are already changed prices on some ships/cruises.

I had booked a PP on Enchantment at $44, now $47 for PP and $53 UP.... however, they are offering a special on beer and wine only, called a Select, for $36.

Things are in motion..... I didn't see anything like a Select Beer/Wine on the new lists.... maybe this is something they did in the past and I missed it..

Also, on Serenade 11 day, UP is special for $49, PP $42... but on Allure, PP same and UP $46... so nothing seems to be standard between ships and sailing dates....

Think its going to be a minefield to upgrade packages, i would imagine select to premium is the most popular as the select package was given as a perk with many cruises.

I would imagine you will only be able to upgrade to the new package as premium will no longer exist.

But if there is no longer a price point for a select package how will they work out an upgrade from a package that no longer exists.

Think its going to be a minefield to upgrade packages, i would imagine select to premium is the most popular as the select package was given as a perk with many cruises.

I would imagine you will only be able to upgrade to the new package as premium will no longer exist.

But if there is no longer a price point for a select package how will they work out an upgrade from a package that no longer exists.

Unless one of their future "offers" will have a "selected" drinks package included in the price.... If that makes sense?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I totally agree with you! It would be so simple and easy to manage. It sure sounds like some people feel the need to "drink their money's worth" everyday to justify the high prices.

Carnival cruises say hello!!

(Joke!!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by rodenboy

I just tried to purchase PP's packages on two upcoming cruises and when I attempted to checkout, it said it was unable to book this package and to call RCCL

This was at final ADD TO CART , before payment....

Try calling to order the beverage packages.

On the UK site they currently have a promo with the free Select Package offered and the terms say 'upgrade onboard to the Premium or Ultimate package subject to availability'. Are they just gonna say these packages are not available and leave the only upgrade option being to the new Deluxe package for a $7.90 per day higher price than it would have been to upgrade to the Premium package?

Pretty misleading and I hope they have thought through how they are going to handle this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the UK site they currently have a promo with the free Select Package offered and the terms say 'upgrade onboard to the Premium or Ultimate package subject to availability'. Are they just gonna say these packages are not available and leave the only upgrade option being to the new Deluxe package for a $7.90 per day higher price than it would have been to upgrade to the Premium package?

Pretty misleading and I hope they have thought through how they are going to handle this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it says subject to availability so not sure if we have any leverage. So if they are no longer available that's their way out :(

It looks to me like they are already changed prices on some ships/cruises.

I had booked a PP on Enchantment at $44, now $47 for PP and $53 UP.... however, they are offering a special on beer and wine only, called a Select, for $36.

Things are in motion..... I didn't see anything like a Select Beer/Wine on the new lists.... maybe this is something they did in the past and I missed it..

Also, on Serenade 11 day, UP is special for $49, PP $42... but on Allure, PP same and UP $46... so nothing seems to be standard between ships and sailing dates....

I booked a PP package last week for our Mariner cruise from Shanghai and it was $49. No discount.

Well that cruising power website certainly is a treasure trove for us in the UK!! Just seen a flyer stating that from 6th September there will be BOGOHO as well as free Deluxe Drinks package... I may even change my booking in September 2017 if the price is right!!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=tallpaul86&date=5-21-2016&text=My 30th Birthday Adventure!&ship=Navigator of the Seas

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=TallPaul86&date=1-14-2017&text=New York & Caribbean?!?  Bucket list double ticked!!&ship=Anthem of the Seas

countdown.pl?image=venice&name=TallPaul86&date=9-15-2017&text=Mediterranean Voyage!&ship=Navigator of the Seas

On a final note the PDF document states that all the revised drinks packages do NOT include the gratuities

So I'm reading that add you pay you're daily rate for the drinks package and then when you're onboard you pay 18% gratuity on every drink you buy? Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me!!

On a final note the PDF document states that all the revised drinks packages do NOT include the gratuities

So I'm reading that add you pay you're daily rate for the drinks package and then when you're onboard you pay 18% gratuity on every drink you buy? Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me!!

If you buy the drinks package, you pay 18% of the price at the time of purchase. You can add an additional gratuity when you order each drink, but that is your choice. It is not added to each drink ordered using the package.