Second thoughts on Cabana

Sissaaaaaa

So ... after months of waiting for the cabana bookings to open, and grabbing one as soon as the bookings were available, I am now having second thoughts. Not sure I want to spend $450 on a cabana. We are on GSC from 7am - 3pm, but I cannot see us off the ship at 7. 8am, probably ... anyway ... thoughts? It is new year's eve week, so I am sure the ship (and hence the beach) will be crowded, so having the cabana at that time is a plus. The weather may or may not be ideal, who knows. Anyway, just looking for opinions on whether it is worth the cost or not.

So ... after months of waiting for the cabana bookings to open, and grabbing one as soon as the bookings were available, I am now having second thoughts. Not sure I want to spend $450 on a cabana. We are on GSC from 7am - 3pm, but I cannot see us off the ship at 7. 8am, probably ... anyway ... thoughts? It is new year's eve week, so I am sure the ship (and hence the beach) will be crowded, so having the cabana at that time is a plus. The weather may or may not be ideal, who knows. Anyway, just looking for opinions on whether it is worth the cost or not.

The Cabanas are a nice Luxury and make the day living like the "rich & famous" with service etc.

And yes it can get windy on GSC - we usuallly just get clam shells but, if, I could swing one of the Cabanas I would, if anything, just to make it another fun and memorable day - great way to relax.

Somewhere here on Cruise Critic there is information on the best Cabana location for you and how to reserve the Cabana of your choice - hopefully, someone in the forums here will help you choose the Cabana that best suits you.

I have not seen any information on what happens with the cabanas during the renovation. Anxiously awaiting first reports once GSC reopens.

GSC offers little to no shade. The sun can be brutal (even in January). The cabanas keeps you out of the elements (rain or shine).

We only got a clam shell last time we were there, and every time we went down to the water, we came back to find squatters in our clam shell trying to get out of the sun.

BirdTravels is so right. There is little shade and the sun is brutal. We enjoyed the cabana and its fresh water shower.

When I went to the bathroom I saw a family with young children "cowering" in a bus shelter up the back by the bathrooms. They looked sooo hot :-(

The large cabanas were all closed the day we were there. They already had workmen working on them to upgrade them. From the info I saw coming out on the boards, it looks like they will have everything bigger and better by the time the island reopens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's a holiday, so splurge! If you don't do it, you'll look at them that day wishing you were in one.

+1

You will certainly enjoy a cabana, although the price is indeed steep but since you've already booked you can afford it/justify the money. :D Don't look back, enjoy the luxury of the cabana, use up the $50 food credit, have some shelter from wind and/or the sun and enjoy GSC!

Again, the price is steep (one of the larger ships calling at GSC?) and I also would have doubts on the price. We had a small cabana on the Sky so paid the lower price but being on a definitely crowded sailing I would go for it. :)

At that price I would be on the fence also. We did enjoy our cabana but our small cabana didn't cost that much. But I'm sure DW would insist on it so my being on the fence probably doesn't matter much;). (And we got the cabana to keep her out of the sun and she ended up being the worst one burnt.)

BirdTravels is so right. There is little shade and the sun is brutal. We enjoyed the cabana and its fresh water shower.

When I went to the bathroom I saw a family with young children "cowering" in a bus shelter up the back by the bathrooms. They looked sooo hot :-(

The large cabanas were all closed the day we were there. They already had workmen working on them to upgrade them. From the info I saw coming out on the boards, it looks like they will have everything bigger and better by the time the island reopens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow - really? This is what we booked!

+1

You will certainly enjoy a cabana, although the price is indeed steep but since you've already booked you can afford it/justify the money. :D Don't look back, enjoy the luxury of the cabana, use up the $50 food credit, have some shelter from wind and/or the sun and enjoy GSC!

Again, the price is steep (one of the larger ships calling at GSC?) and I also would have doubts on the price. We had a small cabana on the Sky so paid the lower price but being on a definitely crowded sailing I would go for it. :)

Yes, it's the Epic. I'm going to keep it :D I just won't think about it being $100 an hour for the cabana LOL ;)

At that price I would be on the fence also. We did enjoy our cabana but our small cabana didn't cost that much. But I'm sure DW would insist on it so my being on the fence probably doesn't matter much;). (And we got the cabana to keep her out of the sun and she ended up being the worst one burnt.)

Oh no! Well, if anything, it will be a "did it once and that's it" thing. I bet the price increases once the island re-opens with the upgrades. :cool:

Upto 8 in the large price and 2 others can join for $50 extra. I've booked ours for a group of solos who met on a previous cruise so we're all paying towards it and that works out pretty reasonable. We'll be there on NYE too, can't wait!

Bring it onnnnn! :cool::D

the cost breaks down to $56 dollars per hour...that is a great deal for sun cover and a nice place to relax...if you have smaller children with you its a bit of a stroll down to the waters edge..just FYI...