Upgraded last night

jgh1204

We are on the Breeze on 10-23, my wife and I, upgraded from OV to 7C cove balcony. $257 total and got $50 OBC so $207 net.

Deal or not?

Hopefully the wife won't notice and be pleasantly surprised. We have not done a balcony since our very first cruise.

Curious why you are asking?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was curious if they were newbies, just trying to figure how CCL decides who to call for the upgrades which are free versus up sales which cost. At least that's my understanding. Never quite understood.

I was curious if they were newbies, just trying to figure how CCL decides who to call for the upgrades which are free versus up sales which cost. At least that's my understanding. Never quite understood.

It is a good question. Never really understood either. My guess is close to yours, with an add in of only booking thru Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone

I'd think that the biggest determining factor in who gets up sell calls is the demand for a certain class of cabin, once ship ship is getting close to full. I'd think that demand is pretty predictable for each ship and cabin type. If demand is strong for balcony cabins, people in balcony cabins would tend to be offered "deals" in suites. Otherwise, it seems pretty random - CCL is just trying to fill all the cabins, if possible.