Found earrings in safe on Anthem

stellarcam

As my DH was removing our items from the safe in preparation for departure today, he found a pair of earrings in the corner of the safe. They may be from the previous sailing or they could have been there for a period of time as they were hidden by the rim of the safe. We took the earrings to guest services and gave them to the head manager of guest services. I am posting this in the hopes that the owner will see this and call the main office in Miami, as this is where we were told the earrings would be sent. We also wrote down the stateroom number in which the earrings were found.

As my DH was removing our items from the safe in preparation for departure today, he found a pair of earrings in the corner of the safe. They may be from the previous sailing or they could have been there for a period of time as they were hidden by the rim of the safe. We took the earrings to guest services and gave them to the head manager of guest services. I am posting this in the hopes that the owner will see this and call the main office in Miami, as this is where we were told the earrings would be sent. We also wrote down the stateroom number in which the earrings were found.

You might also try posting this on a few of the recent roll calls.

Thanks for posting. At first I thought this was going to be another thread about someone finding something in the cabin and bringing the item home with them in hopes of finding the owner. Glad to see you did the right thing and turned the item in to guest services.

Thanks for posting. At first I thought this was going to be another thread about someone finding something in the cabin and bringing the item home with them in hopes of finding the owner. Glad to see you did the right thing and turned the item in to guest services.

Me too. Glad the OP turned them in.

Such a nice gesture!

As a first time cruiser, I appreciate the hint about making sure to put small things in plastic ziploc bags when stashing in the safe. Definitely something I am thankful of people giving hints like that! :)

I'll one-up that advice:

Label the ziploc bag(s) with contact information, so in case it is forgotten they know by who!

:-)

On a unrelated note, all my memory cards have a readme.txt on them that has my contact information. The first picture on the card is of my business card. The memory card itself is also labelled, as well as all the batteries, chargers, cameras and what not. Useful in case of theft too. Labels are cheap, replacing lost items is expensive.

You might also try posting this on a few of the recent roll calls.

Thanks for a great idea to post on recent roll calls. I did not realize people went back and read roll calls after the cruise was over. Also thanks for the other many wonderful ideas on how to protect our property.

That's if the owner is a CC member.

I'll one-up that advice:

Label the ziploc bag(s) with contact information, so in case it is forgotten they know by who!

:-)

On a unrelated note, all my memory cards have a readme.txt on them that has my contact information. The first picture on the card is of my business card. The memory card itself is also labelled, as well as all the batteries, chargers, cameras and what not. Useful in case of theft too. Labels are cheap, replacing lost items is expensive.

Great ideas on the read me files and labels - thanks for sharing