Help please Miami Late Flight

Neil_c

HI DW and I are on Reflection 3-10 December. Flight back to UK does not leave till 18:00. Any suggestion on how we can spend time including anywhere we can store luggage safety?

Thanks

Our pre cruise hotel, Hampton Inn, always lets us return there. They store our luggage, we spend time by their pool and then take their shuttle to the airport later that day. We do let them know we will be back prior to checking out to leave on our cruise.

There is typically an excursion to the sawgrass mills outlet mall. I believe that they take your luggage to the airport and you claim it there - Personally I've never understood why one would take an excursion to a mall - but it's something to do to waste some time

HI DW and I are on Reflection 3-10 December. Flight back to UK does not leave till 18:00. Any suggestion on how we can spend time including anywhere we can store luggage safety?

Thanks

Celebrity do a great trip around Miami for those with a late flight. Your luggage is loaded onto the back of a truck, an open top bus is waiting for you, of which takes you on a great tour of Miami with a few hours to get off at certain points, you have a few hours to wander around - have lunch, hop back on the bus, which will then drop you off at Bayside, where the van with your luggage awaits you. Onto a coach which will drop you off at the airport. Its a great way to spend your last day and very well organised.

We booked a Celebrity tour and drop off. We chose a Hollywood beach break. I think there were two or three to choose from. Can't remember the cost, I think we paid for it with OBC.

Cases were stored in the coach, we were taken to a room, I think by tourist information where hand luggage could be left. We had a few hours to browse the shops, dine....There was a rest room area back at the room where you could freshen up, change prior to heading for the airport.

Just another option....

There is typically an excursion to the sawgrass mills outlet mall. I believe that they take your luggage to the airport and you claim it there - Personally I've never understood why one would take an excursion to a mall - but it's something to do to waste some time

Let me help you: For foreign tourists without own transportation or not wanting to deal with busy traffic, who like to shop, see and experience an enormous mall, see some of the inland/cities whilst underway, enjoy lower prices on well known brands. Furthermore any of the reasons any mall customer can have plus transport to and from it.

We've rented cars at Sixt before doing some mall shopping before flying home on a mid day or evening flight but I could imagine why someone would book it through an excursion/cruise line.

Not so hard to understand when giving it a minute? :)

Many many people do not live near a mall or any decent shopping so an excursion to Sawgrass is quite popular

Thanks everybody for your help. Think will talk to hotel on arrival and look at The bus tour, then make a decision

Neil

All depends on the hotel. Holiday inn downtown told us we could bring back the luggage then refused when we did. We ended up taking it to the airport. Last 2 years we've booked a hotel and booked the flight a day later. This way we get 2 days in Miami for 1 night stay. Other option is car hire, drive where you want and drop at the airport. The sawgrass mills works well and your flight has to depart after 4 which it does.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did an everglades tour on one of the cruises but would just try and arrange a day room. We will have the same problem coming back in March which has just become worse due to Virgin cancelled our flight at around 6 pm and replacing it with one at 10 pm.

We always stay over a night after the cruise anyway but to have to hang around all of the next day is a chore.

There is always the Dolphin Mall in Miami as you are probably flying back from MIA which most of the airport hotels do shuttles to.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

As another option, we have used rental cars. National Car Rental has a bus from the port to the rental car counter at Miami (MIA); we had to show our car reservation as it must be pre-booked and they had us in a car by 9:30 AM. We spent the day driving down the Florida Keys a while, then returned the car back to the airport later that day.

We actually returned the car to the FLL airport and there was no extra charge to do that.

You would have to contend with driving on the wrong side of the road and crazy Florida drivers, though. I can understand how a bus tour or a hotel beach day would be preferable to that!