luggage from ship to airport or storage in Brooklyn

CStorm

We arrive in Brooklyn at 6am but our flight doesn't leave until 4:30. Is there a place to store luggage or a service Princess offers to get our bags from the ship (Brooklyn) to the airport (LGA)?

Thanks in advance!

There is a program called EZ Check where you put your luggage out the night before you depart and your bags are delivered to your airline. Only certain airlines participate and you must sign up for the service very early in your cruise. If your cruise is one which will provide this service you will get forms to fill out almost as soon as you board. Be mindful of the submission deadline. I haven't used the program so perhaps others can flesh this out more.

We arrive in Brooklyn at 6am but our flight doesn't leave until 4:30. Is there a place to store luggage or a service Princess offers to get our bags from the ship (Brooklyn) to the airport (LGA)?

Thanks in advance!

Thx for this ? As we are wondering the same thing. We return from a NE cruise on the Regal on the 22nd and our flight leaves around the same time. Our other concern is all we hear about the mass confusion at LGA due to construction. We're staying prior at the Marriott in southern Manhattan and are thinking about maybe taking a cab back to the hotel and leave our luggage there until we go to the airport in the pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mllewis48

If you book a tour with Princess for disembarkation day, your luggage will go into your bus and be taken to the airport with you. If you want to see any of NYC, that is probably your best bet.

Although the ship arrives at 6:00 a.m., you can stay on until the last passengers are asked to leave - probably 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. at the latest. The drive from the Brooklyn terminal to LGA is at least 30 minutes. Allowing for arrival at the airport in plenty of time to check bags and get through security, you really won't have all that much time to kill there. Check the LGA website and see what restaurants might be available to you once you're through security. If you're flying Delta, their waiting area has a group of tables that are served by a central restaurant where you can sit comfortably for a long time. While you can order drinks or meals via iPad affixed to the tables, you are also welcome to sit there without ordering anything.

Even if there is someplace you can stash your bags, the time you spend dropping and retrieving them will eat into the time you have to do anything else in the city.

If you book a tour with Princess for disembarkation day, your luggage will go into your bus and be taken to the airport with you. If you want to see any of NYC, that is probably your best bet.

Although the ship arrives at 6:00 a.m., you can stay on until the last passengers are asked to leave - probably 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. at the latest. The drive from the Brooklyn terminal to LGA is at least 30 minutes. Allowing for arrival at the airport in plenty of time to check bags and get through security, you really won't have all that much time to kill there. Check the LGA website and see what restaurants might be available to you once you're through security. If you're flying Delta, their waiting area has a group of tables that are served by a central restaurant where you can sit comfortably for a long time. While you can order drinks or meals via iPad affixed to the tables, you are also welcome to sit there without ordering anything.

Even if there is someplace you can stash your bags, the time you spend dropping and retrieving them will eat into the time you have to do anything else in the city.

All Princess post cruise tours say for flights after 5:00pm plus with construction at LGA post cruise tours may be iffy? JMO

There is a program called EZ Check where you put your luggage out the night before you depart and your bags are delivered to your airline.

I was going to suggest EZCheck, but after doing a bit of research it doesn't appear this service is offered for NYC area airports.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

There is a program called EZ Check where you put your luggage out the night before you depart and your bags are delivered to your airline. Only certain airlines participate and you must sign up for the service very early in your cruise. If your cruise is one which will provide this service you will get forms to fill out almost as soon as you board. Be mindful of the submission deadline. I haven't used the program so perhaps others can flesh this out more.

We used a similar program that Celebrity used to offer and while it's great, there are certain limitations. The bags are collected the night before and you won't see them again until you arrive at your home airport. Therefore, everything you keep with you must go into your carry-on bag for the flight home. Be mindful of any items that can't pass the TSA security checkpoint.

Thanks in advance!

We're in a similar situation coming into Brooklyn Sept. 24 after the Regal transatlantic. Here's what we've come up with:

There is a place named Schwartz Luggage Storage in midtown Manhattan (kind of near Times Square). There may be more than one location. Here's the site:

http://www.schwartztravel.com/locations.html

We're thinking about taking a cab there, stashing the bags at Schwartz for a couple of hours while we explore Times Square or Rockefeller Center, then grab the bags and a cab to LGA.

Jim

We're in a similar situation coming into Brooklyn Sept. 24 after the Regal transatlantic. Here's what we've come up with:

There is a place named Schwartz Luggage Storage in midtown Manhattan (kind of near Times Square). There may be more than one location. Here's the site:

We're thinking about taking a cab there, stashing the bags at Schwartz for a couple of hours while we explore Times Square or Rockefeller Center, then grab the bags and a cab to LGA.

Jim

Be aware that it could take longer for the ship to clear customs as it is returning to the US for the first time after an extended stint overseas. This could eat into your touring time. I know there have been delays in Lauderdale after TAs

Be aware that it could take longer for the ship to clear customs as it is returning to the US for the first time after an extended stint overseas. This could eat into your touring time. I know there have been delays in Lauderdale after TAs

Thanks. In our case I don't think that will be an issue. We visit Boston two days before disembarking in NY, so I'm pretty sure we'll go through Customs there.

Jim

Thanks. In our case I don't think that will be an issue. We visit Boston two days before disembarking in NY, so I'm pretty sure we'll go through Customs there.

Jim

There will be a passport inspection in Boston. But Customs--the declaration or inspection of any goods brought into the country--is only done at final disembarkation. So you will have the normal luggage claim and line-up in Brooklyn. And as this is the first turnaround port after being in Europe all summer, disembarkation could still be delayed by any combination of Coast Guard Safety Inspection, Sanitation Inspection, or Crew Immigration Inspection.

And as others have pointed out, Princess does not offer EZCheck in New York.

Edited by fishywood

There will be a passport inspection in Boston. But Customs--the declaration or inspection of any goods brought into the country--is only done at final disembarkation. So you will have the normal luggage claim and line-up in Brooklyn.

Just curious, does Brooklyn Cruise Terminal offer Global Entry? I know Port Everglades does, just curious as that may speed up the process.

Just curious, does Brooklyn Cruise Terminal offer Global Entry? I know Port Everglades does, just curious as that may speed up the process.

At this time Port Everglades is the only cruise port. And what they offer is simply a separate line for those with Global Entry or Nexus cards, not the actual kiosks found in airports; you are processed the same as everyone else, just (in theory) quicker.

Jim

There are few worse feelings than sitting in the back of a cab stalled in heavy traffic and watching the meter continue to click over, and over, and over ... Unless something drastic happens between now and then, the traffic to and from LaGuardia is a nightmare and doesn't promise to improve for several years, as they are constructing a new airport. It is strongly recommended that you take a car service like Uber, where you can get a price upfront for your ride, and not a metered cab. Even a gypsy cab would be better. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Maureen

There are few worse feelings than sitting in the back of a cab stalled in heavy traffic and watching the meter continue to click over, and over, and over ... Unless something drastic happens between now and then, the traffic to and from LaGuardia is a nightmare and doesn't promise to improve for several years, as they are constructing a new airport. It is strongly recommended that you take a car service like Uber, where you can get a price upfront for your ride, and not a metered cab. Even a gypsy cab would be better. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Maureen

I agree. Traffic problem around the area of LGA should not be ignored.

There will be a passport inspection in Boston. But Customs--the declaration or inspection of any goods brought into the country--is only done at final disembarkation. So you will have the normal luggage claim and line-up in Brooklyn. And as this is the first turnaround port after being in Europe all summer, disembarkation could still be delayed by any combination of Coast Guard Safety Inspection, Sanitation Inspection, or Crew Immigration Inspection.

Maureen

Thank you both. People on our roll call almost unanimously assumed we'd clear Customs in Boston, so it's good to know that's not the case (even though I wish it were).

I had toyed with the idea of a car service from pier to LGA, and maybe that's the way to go.

CStorm (OP): Didn't mean to hijack your thread here. I hope all this info is useful to you too.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

Jim

This looks like a great option, thank you!