Looking for a beach hotel in Ft. Lauderdale or Dania Beach area

cruzegirl

I'm looking for some information regarding a Hotel to use in Ft. Lauderdale. When we come home, we're staying the day in Florida and going home the next day. We'd like to do a hotel on beach, not too far from the Ft. Lauderdale airport, and not going to break us financially. Any info and recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you

I'm looking for some information regarding a Hotel to use in Ft. Lauderdale. When we come home, we're staying the day in Florida and going home the next day. We'd like to do a hotel on beach, not too far from the Ft. Lauderdale airport, and not going to break us financially. Any info and recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you

You're asking for a lot. January is peak season, so that means high rates, especially for beachfront properties.

You might look at the Bahia Mar which is across A1A from the beach (as most Ft Lauderdale Beach hotels are). There's a Water Taxi stop there and it's about a $20 taxi ride from the port and about $25 to the airport. I have no idea about Uber.

The Best Western Oceanside Inn, it's right on the A1A on the beach side but the view is entirely blocked by another hotel... You are still a few steps away from the beach tho.

Newly renovated, room was clean, bathroom could've used some work, free breakfast included which is a huge plus, and staff was friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry but this is high season in Fort Lauderdale!

Big racket down there,airlines offer lower fares for later in the day flight, hotels jack price up ...well because they can!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

You didn't mention your dates, but the beaches are away from the airport.

There are several hotels, but will be very pricey. You can check out Hollywood and Dania beach as well, most don't offer shuttles to the airport. Check a major website with hotel listings, put in your criteria and see what comes up, then research those websites independently.

Our hotel is approx 33% of our cruise for one night.

Not " break us financially " means nothing not knowing your budget. $300 would bother some, and not others.;)

What's the exact date needed? Another important fact needed.

From the beach to the airport is about 15 min. to 20, depending on where on the beach. LOTS of recs on these threads. Another starting point.

Not " break us financially " means nothing not knowing your budget. $300 would bother some, and not others.;)

What's the exact date needed? Another important fact needed.

From the beach to the airport is about 15 min. to 20, depending on where on the beach. LOTS of recs on these threads. Another starting point.

If you look at her signature it lists the Celebrity Equinox in January. I don't think the exact date in January will matter, only what her definition of "breaking the bank" means.

Edited by Lido_Deck

If you look at her signature it lists the Celebrity Equinox in January. I don't think the exact date in January will matter, only what her definition of "breaking the bank" means.

Many of us don't opt to have "signatures" exposed on the board, so we don't have a month or date.

And if the weekend of MLK, it will even be higher than some other days.

I know it may sound like it will break the bank, but last time we cruised we stayed at the W on Ft Lauderdale Beach. The difference in price vs. the Hampton Inn was only like $20. But for the price difference we stayed at an absolutely fantastic and modern resort right on the beach in a balcony room with a beachfront view. True, breakfast, parking and Internet were all extra (which are all complimentary at the Hampton Inn) but once again, the experience between the W and the Hampton Inn was like night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums